8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are very dramatic, nfitz.
It's dramatic to say I'm ashamed of the misogynistic comments in the media and on twitter??? Have you read the stuff that's out there? How could anyone not be ashamed, unless they hate women. I wasn't referring to this thread, I was referring to the comments on twitter, and in the media. They seem to be attacking the victim.

And how does that justify making personal attacks against other members?

Trying to spin this to suggest that hawc supports "sexual abuse" is a case in point.
I have done no such thing, You are spinning my words to get that. I simply asked him asked if he disagreed that it's completely wrong to grab a womens ass. I'd assume his answer would be no, I don't disagree ... I don't know why you'd assume that his answer might be otherwise ... because I don't.

Last edited:
^doesn't everyone have a "writing style"? I always just took from nfitz that one of the techniques in his wrting is to intentionally take someone's viewpoint and extrapolate it to show how, in the ultimate, it could be taken. Is that being a "drama queen"? I have never seen it as such and while I doubt we ever agree on much "stuff" I have enjoyed discussing things with him.......not sure why people are going at him here ...or why I feel the need to defend him....but there you go.

I just can't imagine that anyone on the right-wing would support Ford next time over another right-wing candidate ... unless this comes down to simply supporting Ford because of his evil anti-gay beliefs.

On that point we can agree. I mentioned previously that a centre-rightish candidate (and no Rob Ford running) would be best.

With this latest potential butt grab, I'm just face palming myself. If it's true, Ford should leave. If it's not, it helps Ford. We may never know, but as someone else mentioned, Ford denied the ACC thing, then admitted a day later. Give this one a few more days and more could shake out.

I was trying to defend him a week ago, but he's extremely close to the last straw with me now. I was hoping going 3 for 3 on the court cases would smarten him up a bit, but it appears to have only emboldened him. Either way, 20 months to go.

Between the two of them, only Ford has something to gain by lying. So I beleive Thompson at this point.

Between the two of them, only Ford has something to gain by lying. So I beleive Thompson at this point.
That's a good point. What would Thomson have to gain from this? It's a serious question ... perhaps there is something. It's no secret her political career is over ... the party jumping was the icing on the cake for that. If she's vindicated on this, I don't see how that would change.

I have no doubt "something" happened, for her to react this way. Was it what was claimed? Was it simple misplacement of a hand? Did something else happen unseen by both parties, that might have explained it (perhaps someone threw/dropped something)? I doubt we'd ever know the answers. Surely in cases like this, there are multiple repeat offences, and the truth comes out eventually.

Maybe he really was hitting on her, and got his signals crossed ... not a defence, but perhaps an explanation, that it wasn't misogyny.

It's all very ugly ...

It's dramatic to say I'm ashamed of the misogynistic comments in the media and on twitter??? Have you read the stuff that's out there? How could anyone not be ashamed, unless they hate women. I wasn't referring to this thread, I was referring to the comments on twitter, and in the media. They seem to be attacking the victim.

And how does that justify making personal attacks against other members?

I have done no such thing, You are spinning my words to get that. I simply asked him asked if he disagreed that it's completely wrong to grab a womens ass. I'd assume his answer would be no, I don't disagree ... I don't know why you'd assume that his answer might be otherwise ... because I don't.

Have we suspended the forum guidelines today? Why is such extremely offensive language being allowed here today?

Are those posts seriously that bad?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't wait for next year. Ford has to go. Ill even take John Tory.

^doesn't everyone have a "writing style"? I always just took from nfitz that one of the techniques in his wrting is to intentionally take someone's viewpoint and extrapolate it to show how, in the ultimate, it could be taken. Is that being a "drama queen"? I have never seen it as such and while I doubt we ever agree on much "stuff" I have enjoyed discussing things with him.......not sure why people are going at him here ...or why I feel the need to defend him....but there you go.

Yes, I feel like exaggerating (or, as you say, "extrapolating") people's comments is dramatic and not constructive.

Yes, Hawc could have been more civil in his response. But nfitz brought into question whether or not Hawc supports sexual abuse, and that is far more dramatic and unconstructive.

Yes, I feel like exaggerating (or, as you say, "extrapolating") people's comments is dramatic and not constructive.
I simply said I was ashamed to be human because of the comments I was seeing on news articles and on twitter. What is exaggerated there? I am ashamed.

Yes, Hawc could have been more civil in his response.
Hawc should have been disciplined for his uncivil comments. How can posters be allowed to get away with comments like "grow up" or "drama queen"?

But nfitz brought into question whether or not Hawc supports sexual abuse, and that is far more dramatic and unconstructive.
Is it? Hawc appears to give the impression that he thinks it's okay to pat a women on the behind. I have simply tried to confirm whether that is, or isn't the case in a non-judgemental way - rather than attacking him.

Surely it's best to confirm something, rather than to start insulting people. The same way I did with the equally odd looking comment from Dilla - which once he clarified, was clear that what I thought he might be saying, was not at all what he was saying. Was I wrong to question Dilla's comment?

I'm amazed I'm being vilified here, when I haven't actually spoken negatively about Ford on this issue. If anything, I've tried to defend him.

And I'm startled that CDL.TO is being dramatic and unconstructive in his continuing mischaracterisation of what I said, even after I'd already clarified my intent.

Wow! Making light of sexual assault! Anything to defend your man, eh?

I never believed for a second that a sexual assault took place. If there had been a sexual assault Thomson would have been talking to Police not posting on her Facebook page. It turns out that I was probably right. We know now that two independent witnesses have stepped forward to reveal that Thomson talked about "setting up" Rob Ford. Rob Ford has denied the ugly allegations in the strongest terms and has had conversations with his lawyers. Thomson still hasn't contacted Police to lay charges.

I expect one of two things will happen soon. Thomson will issue a full apology to Rob Ford , failing that Rob Ford will launch a lawsuit for defamation against Thomson.

She hasn't involved the authorities.

However why wouldn't one call the police after being sexually assaulted?

Do you think that everytime a man acts inappropriately and does something like grabbing a woman's ass that it should be taken to the police and charges laid? I don't, and can't understand why everyone is up in arms that she did not go to the police. She has every right to, but by no means is she obliged to.

You got away with calling the Mayor a "bigot" multiple times.
I haven't mentioned that in a long time. His public position on same-sex marriage is very clear. I don't see an issue with simply pointing out the truth. But I don't see any point getting into that debate again... there's not exactly anything left to debate on it, unless he's backtracked on his negative comments on same-sex marriage.

Last edited:
Do you think that everytime a man acts inappropriately and does something like grabbing a woman's ass that it should be taken to the police and charges laid? I don't, and can't understand why everyone is up in arms that she did not go to the police. She has every right to, but by no means is she obliged to.
I 100% agree with you.

My objection was to the suggestion it is something that one should never go to the police about. I should have been clearer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back