News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standing up to the man right there and then? Have you ever been the victim of anything similar? One's natural reaction is shock... it takes a while to process what happened. Her non-reaction is completely in line with what is expected of a human being. Most abuse cases go unreported.

I don't see what's so wrong about the way she handled it. It is up to her whether she believes it was worthy of a police complaint. Social media is a viable medium. It's 2013. She wanted it public. I am astounded at all the people judging her for her actions.

Both Thompson and Ford's handlers say he wasn't drunk. She describes him as "out of it" but says he wasn't drunk.

But yeah, Ford has to deny. Admitting to the action means he has to resign immediately.

She went to other people at the party and told them about what had happened. Obviously you wouldn't expect her to react to it immediately, but if she was speaking to others at the event and talking about how she wanted to 'punch him in the face', she should have realised that bringing it up would significantly increase the chances of reaching any sort of closure.

By making this public directly through social media the chances that Ford will either apologise or be held accountable for his actions are very, very slim.

If you are in an office and one of your co-workers drunkenly assaults you, you should tell your boss and your co-workers' supervisor before posting it on social media, too. It's not about ethics or whether you are a victim or not, it's about seeking legitimate channels of conflict resolution rather than issuing very serious defamatory statements about someone else before they've had a chance to tell their version of the story.

I'm a very reasonable person, but I would be much less likely to apologise for anything if I find out about the accusations on facebook and there's no evidence to back them up. It immediately puts you on the defensive. A compulsive liar like Rob Ford will surely deny her any sort of an apology. So what did she really expect with this approach? It feels like she couldn't care less about the apology, and just wanted to make this as public as she possibly could - which ultimately hurts her case further.

Her actions are inconsistent with her stated goal, that's all.

I guess Ms. Thompson should consider herself lucky. I mean, would she rather to go to Iran and get raped and shot?
I'm perplexed what this means. Iran? Rape?

I just can't fathom what's being said here. Is this some kind of misogynistic comment?

I just can't fathom what's being said here. Is this some kind of misogynistic comment?

It's a reference to Ford's suggestion to that couple at a hockey game ages ago. It suggests that Ford's alleged ass-grabbing is consistent with his drunken persona.

If I'm not mistaken, a number of years ago, when Rob Ford was drunk and belligerent at an NHL game, he used the words Iran and rape in his rant against some people sitting near him.

It's a reference to Ford's suggestion to that couple at a hockey game ages ago. It suggests that Ford's alleged ass-grabbing is consistent with his drunken persona.
Oh that's a little subtle, even for those of us who are paying attention. Better be careful ... someone might take the wrong way!

Sorry, some context...

A few years back, Ford got into an altercation with fellow fans at a Leafs/Sens game after they asked him to dial down his obnoxiousness. He responded with “Who the fuck do you think you are? Are some kind of right wing Commie bastard [sic]? Do you want your little wife to go over to Iran and get raped and shot?”...

Source(s):
http://boingboing.net/tag/rob-ford
http://www.stoprobford.ca/whats-wrong-with-rob-ford
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2010/04/23/rob_fords_complicated_life.html
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/rob-ford-and-a-decade-of-controversy/article4330595/

This was, of course, the game he then denied even being at. Then he was later proven to have been there, and had to apologize.

But there's no way he's lying this time, of course. It's really is everyone else's fault this time. No, for real. Srsly, guys.

Last edited:
I'm puting $100 down that Sarah Thompson is lying!

After reading the Toronto Star, a member of the Richmond hill Council says it was a setup against Rob Ford.

Thomson's words were "he grabbed my ass". I'm not sure how that would be something verbal.

I didn't see that... I though she was talking about the florida comment. As for the councillor, sounds like another day in york region.

Sorry, some context...
Thanks for the context. I've read and linked stuff about that previous harassment by Rob Ford - but even I've forgotten just how extreme it was.

Not sure what to make of this latest accusation of assault.

If there's much to it, presumably others who were at the event will also come forward about his behaviour, and other victims will speak out.

The one thing that is shocking however, are the misogynistic comments in the media, and on twitter. It makes one ashamed to be a member of the human race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back