8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinkLucy:

Without going into the merit of her claim, Ford does look a little odd in the photo. Then again, it's a photo taken under unknown conditions.

AoD

The relative strength or "potency" of a drug has no bearing on how long it's detectable in your blood/urine for. Pot and coke are completely different chemicals.

I wouldn't know...

I take the non-scientific "if it's more addictive, it's in your blood longer" approach.

Without going into the merit of her claim, Ford does look a little odd in the photo. Then again, it's a photo taken under unknown conditions.
It was taken at some kind of meet-and-greet where people were taking photographs.

Presumably there are numerous other photographs taken that evening. As none of the other ones have been widely circulated as far as I know, it does suggest the one with Thomson may not have been typical. Perhaps it's just a bad photo.

I take the non-scientific "if it's more addictive, it's in your blood longer" approach.
Wouldn't the length of time it stays in the blood be a function of the chemistry of how it bioaccumulates, rather than how addictive it is. Woudn't stuff like dioxins and PCBs have very long time in the blood - I've never seen any suggestions that those are addictive.

One thing I don't get is why haven't other photos emerged of Ford and Thomson together? I mean, the one from Thomson that's circulating the news obviously isn't the one they posed for, I mean look at it. It's quality shows it's from a phone, it's taken from high (i.e from someone's raised arm), and none of them are looking into the camera.

So where are the other photos...especially from the camera they're looking into?

Meh, I dunno why I'm posting when I'm trying to stay out of this one. This is weird news; things have gotten a little convoluted and a lot crazy. But regarding the cocaine mystery...that's no surprise. He dropped out of first-year twice, and he came from an affluent but apparently broken home. I'm amazed he hasn't admitted to being a cokehead earlier. Nobody's perfect, and everyone has skeletons in their closet. Coke has a major stigma when it's no worse than most other drugs.

Last edited:
Some of you are acting like Thomson held a presser to announce that she Googled the symptoms of a coke-high, and as a result she feels that Rob Ford was on coke.

In reality, she was ASKED.

TorontoSun said:
The cocaine allegation is the latest chapter in a he said, she said scandal that erupted Friday and heated up Sunday with both Ford and Thomson traded barbs in public statements.

Asked by the hosts if she thought Ford was on cocaine, Thomson was blunt.

"I thought he was, yes, but I don't know," she said. "I looked up, I went back and looked up, you know, what are the signs of cocaine use. I looked it up and, you know, sweaty, talking quickly, out of it, arrogant - all these things were on there.

"What I read on Google, I would think he's either on that or some other substance … he was definitely out of it."

Ford's office had yet to respond to a media request Monday about Thomson's cocaine speculation.

Reached by phone Monday, Thomson stopped short of saying Ford was on cocaine.

"I have no idea what he was on," Thomson told the Sun. "I know he was intoxicated. I went home and looked up a bunch of things over the weekend. I looked up what could it have been trying to understand why he would treat me that way."

"I don't know what it was, I was looking at the way he was treating me and I looked up what the effects of cocaine," she added.

Last edited:
Thomson is an idiot. If she's going to say something like that to the media, she better have the goods. She's heard the rumours, we've all heard the rumours, but you need proof.

That said, I have no doubt that Mayor Ford will decline to sue for defamation.

I have no knowledge (one way or the other) or opinion on whether Ford was on cocaine or, indeed, grabbed her butt......nor, I should say, have I any experience with cocaine.....but I have to ask are these symptoms exclusive to cocaine use?

Those suspicions previously led Thomson to look up the signs of cocaine use: “Sweaty, talking quickly, out of it, arrogant — all these things were on there,†she explained.

I was talking to a doctor once about patients self diagnosing using the internet. His opinion was that it was more of a curse/burden on the medical system because of the mis/over diagnosis than the gain you get from the odd well informed patient. He noted he sees a lot more middle aged men concerned about that impending heart attack because of the symptoms they have........most of which just have really bad eating habits and bad gas (to be clear he was not suggesting that they should not have visited him....just that the stress they get from typing in their symptoms and assuming they are about to kick it is unwarranted)....

...back on point, I am pretty sure that cocaine is not the only thing that would make a middle aged, overweight, politician sweaty and arrogant! It might be "the" thing in this case (as I said, I don't know) but it can't be the "only" thing....surely?

Maybe he's addicted to energy drinks?

Anyway I can see that Ford would have a lot of use for coke, especially in demanding social situations like the CJPAC party. It makes you alert, sharper, more articulate, usually more personable. Lord knows Ford needs that. But if that photo is Ford on stimulants I'd hate to see what he looked like before bumping rails.

Maybe he's addicted to energy drinks?

Anyway I can see that Ford would have a lot of use for coke, especially in demanding social situations like the CJPAC party. It makes you alert, sharper, more articulate, usually more personable. Lord knows Ford needs that. But if that photo is Ford on stimulants I'd hate to see what he looked like before bumping rails.

I disagree. Coke's a vanity drug. It makes one edgier, more high-strung, more prone to navel-gaze and talk obsessively about oneself - and not at all more articulate - while failing from listening to anyone else.

It was taken at some kind of meet-and-greet where people were taking photographs.

Presumably there are numerous other photographs taken that evening. As none of the other ones have been widely circulated as far as I know, it does suggest the one with Thomson may not have been typical. Perhaps it's just a bad photo.

Not only no photos - there were not reports of Ford looking "out of it".
There were reports of Sarah Thomson having one or more drink and of her behaviour being quite odd.

I disagree. Coke's a vanity drug. It makes one edgier, more high-strung, more prone to navel-gaze and talk obsessively about oneself - and not at all more articulate - while failing from listening to anyone else.

Objectively speaking, but at least from the user's perspective it can be empowering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back