News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if this is all fake and they're in on this together? What if her whole story is a sham, and was made up so that when she admits it was false, Ford looks like a good guy, and ends up winning a re-election?
I know that's really out there, but this is all so bizarre, that it almost makes sense.

What if this is all fake and they're in on this together? What if her whole story is a sham, and was made up so that when she admits it was false, Ford looks like a good guy, and ends up winning a re-election?
I know that's really out there, but this is all so bizarre, that it almost makes sense.

And permanently destroy her own credibility in the process?

Huh? That makes NO sense. Work through the process flowchart on that -- what are you saying? That she's setting her friend up to NOT get groped, knowing that she personally was not groped? Or she got groped, but wants to give Robbie a second chance to not grope? (But, since you don't believe she was groped...) Please, explain what you're trying to say.

What I am saying is that after telling numerous people about being assaulted, she attempted to entice the the mayor into doing the same to her assistant. Or at least getting a photograph which implied such. She was quoted as saying "'We need to get a picture with Rob Ford's hand near your butt. It would be good for a campaign.'.

So, she was either assaulted and conspired with her assistant to have her assaulted to prove her own assault (lamb to the slaughter) , which would make her deviant. Either that or there was no assault, but after making the allegation she wished to have some type of evidence that would be suggestive of that type of action. Making her a liar.

Last edited:

Though twisted it sounds plausible, and frankly I had considered this too. Regardless, Thomson resembles a total bag of hammers with this stuff, coming forward with no genuine first hand witnesses. It all unfortunately looks like just another damned caper. Now, Ford I don't like, but Thomson actually doesn't seem much brighter than Ford, and she won't win any friends saying stuff like "grabbed my ass" either. Man this whole mayoralty -- the kids just can't play nice. Shame on the voters.

Though twisted it sounds plausible, and frankly I had considered this too. Regardless, Thomson resembles a total bag of hammers with this stuff, coming forward with no genuine first hand witnesses. It all unfortunately looks like just another damned caper. Now, Ford I don't like, but Thomson actually doesn't seem much brighter than Ford, and she won't win any friends saying stuff like "grabbed my ass" either. Man this whole mayoralty -- the kids just can't play nice. Shame on the voters.

It's embarrassing. These two are both extremely dumb. Thomson would give Rob Ford's room temperature IQ a run for his money. But still, I'm more inclined to believe the stupid woman than the stupid man, given that Ford is a seasoned liar and inveterate classless d-bag.

What are everyone's thoughts on the first hand witnesses (not the councillors from RH, but others at the party) who said none of this ever transpired?

There was a man whose interview I watched on CP24. He stood right beside them the entire time and basically explained Thomson was being rude and condescending to the mayor yet Ford took it all in good fun. He asked her if she'd like to spend a weekend at his condo in Florida, WITH his family including her husband. No ass grabbing took place and he said he had a perfect view of the entire scene.

I don't know what to believe with this one. I'm never surprised when Ford does something stupid, but this would be very stupid, even for his standards.

If I was Ford; I'd sue for defamation of character. You don't just go around accusing others of being a pervert.

Last edited:
I think that Ford is perfectly capable of this behaviour, especially if he had been drinking. Remember the hockey game incident?

Mind you though that events remain nebulous as no one, probably not even Ford or Thompson really has a detailed report on what's happened, and those who say they do likely have their opinions temped by their opinion of Ford and their inebriatedness at the time.

I guess we'll need to wait until one side caves in.

Last edited:
I believe that Thomson believes she was groped. Ford is a proven liar and I don't believe a word he says without third party confirmation.

That said, I'm not sure how the third party witnesses can definitively say that it didn't happen unless they had their eyes on Ford's hand and Thomson's rear the whole time. Just because they were in a position to see things doesn't mean they were paying attention when it purportedly happened. This whole thing is likely to go unresolved and end up tarnishing both their reputations.

And now the other shoe drops.

Someone from CKIS (KISS-FM a Rogers station) pondered if Rob Ford was on cocaine during an interview with Thomson, and Thomson said thought she was but she didn't really know.

And now there's rumours floating around the Twittersphere than the story that the Globe has been sitting on is Rob Ford's alleged cocaine problem, including suggestions that his trip to Florida late last-year was into rehab (which seems a bit of a stretch to me - I'd have thought that would have been too difficult to keep secret).

I'm surprised that CKIS would open themselves up to being sued by Rob Ford for raising something like this.

But if true, that would stop Ford ever suing anyone about the groping or drug allegations, as presumably anyone he's previously been arrested for abusing and other would end up being disposed - and how many will risk perjuring themselves to protect him?

If not true, I'd think he'd be suing. Time will tell.

Here's the Sun headline:

Sarah Thomson: I thought Mayor Rob Ford was on cocaine

Very quiet here today. Did all the pro-Ford supporters leave for March break?

Looking through the various media websites over lunch ... it remains a huge story at the Toronto Sun. A Rogers radio station started this (with the leading question). The National Post is mentioning it. But not a word, hours later, at either the Globe or the Toronto Star.

Interesting that the more right-wing media is leading the charge on this.

Don't worry, all this ass grabbing talk will blow over in a week and then there will be a new Ford controversy. With Ford as mayor, the fun never ends.

Someone from CKIS (KISS-FM a Rogers station) pondered if Rob Ford was on cocaine during an interview with Thomson, and Thomson said thought she was but she didn't really know.

Apparently Doug Ford had "no comment" this afternoon when questioned by the media about the cocaine allegations. Now that's a first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back