News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very quiet here today. Did all the pro-Ford supporters leave for March break?

Looking through the various media websites over lunch ... it remains a huge story at the Toronto Sun. A Rogers radio station started this (with the leading question). The National Post is mentioning it. But not a word, hours later, at either the Globe or the Toronto Star.

Interesting that the more right-wing media is leading the charge on this.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...oof_to_back_rob_ford_cocaine_speculation.html

Filip:

She did say that he wasn't "himself" pretty much right after the incident. Speculating out loud might not be professional, but in this instance certainly fits the observation. As to professionalism - well, didn't stop our mayor from getting the job, notwithstanding the lack of the forementioned. In fact, that's his modus operandi.

JBG:

Is it? Not that familiar with other avenues of drug testing.

AoD

That is unbelievably unprofessional.

You don't go around speculating somebody may or may not be on cocaine.

Her career has suddenly evaporated right before our eyes!
Her political career was over when she started jumping parties after wiping out in the election.

Though there's no evidence she's wrong about the cocaine usage. Where are the denials we always get so quickly from Rob Ford, Doug Ford, or Mark Towhey?

Also the print media outlet to go all out on the story, first, and in any detail so far, is the Toronto Sun. The Post and Star articles looks to be afterthoughts. With Adrienne Batra being Rob's press secretary up to the point when these cocaine stories first started to circulate, you'd think she might know something.

JBG:

AoD

I read the occasional story where American schools randomly test student's hair sample for drug use. I read up a bit on it, and a person's drug use can detected over a 3 month period. It's pretty scary to be honest.

Filip:

She did say that he wasn't "himself" pretty much right after the incident. Speculating out loud might not be professional, but in this instance certainly fits the observation. As to professionalism - well, didn't stop our mayor from getting the job, notwithstanding the lack of the forementioned. In fact, that's his modus operandi.

JBG:

AoD
Well, the unprofessionalism doesn't seem to affect the dear mayor as he's proven his teflon'ness enough times already. Others don't have that luxury, it seems.

Drugs are also in your blood for about 6 months I think (I believe that's how it is with marijuana, cocaine is probably more potent therefore more detectable for longer periods of time).
Her political career was over when she started jumping parties after wiping out in the election.

Though there's no evidence she's wrong about the cocaine usage. Where are the denials we always get so quickly from Rob Ford, Doug Ford, or Mark Towhey?

Also the print media outlet to go all out on the story, first, and in any detail so far, is the Toronto Sun. The Post and Star articles looks to be afterthoughts. With Adrienne Batra being Rob's press secretary up to the point when these cocaine stories first started to circulate, you'd think she might know something.
They haven't had a chance to deny it yet? I don't know, this entire situation seems so fabricated that it's almost comical. I can't seem to take Sarah Thomson seriously anymore after reading her comments. It's like a high school altercation but in the most immature, grade 9 way of going about things.

Filip:

Well, the unprofessionalism doesn't seem to affect the dear mayor as he's proven his teflon'ness enough times already. Others don't have that luxury, it seems.

In other words, your judgement isn't based on the worthiness of professionalism, but of popularity. One would think that those who accuse others of not being professional would demand better from all, least of which the mayor?

Anyways, it would appear cocaine have a really short lifetime in blood/urine (less than a week) - but it would should up in hair. Surely submitting to a test for illicit drugs would be a great way to determine one way or another. Certainly one would think that the gravity of the accusations demands one establish the truth in an objective, unbiased manner.
AoD

Last edited:
They haven't had a chance to deny it yet?
Doug Ford was asked by the Toronto Sun, and he said "no comment". When was the last time that happened.

It's about six hours now since the story broke, in the middle of the daytime. That's almost unheard of based on the normal speed of Ford denials.

Thomson googled apparently ... so how credible is her claim? She did say when interviewed the next morning that he appeared to be "on something". Has she been trying to figure out what that something might be? Or did she google it because of things she has heard in the past? It all just gets curiouser and curiouser.

Drugs are also in your blood for about 6 months I think (I believe that's how it is with marijuana, cocaine is probably more potent therefore more detectable for longer periods of time).

The relative strength or "potency" of a drug has no bearing on how long it's detectable in your blood/urine for. Pot and coke are completely different chemicals.

Hello! I do not like how Ford runs (or attempts to run) our City but for someone to say she thinks he was on coke based on the symptoms described after she did a Google search is really quite bizarre. (The Star quotes her as saying "Thomson said she had no proof of drug use and that she made the allegation based on a Google search over the weekend.

“I looked up (Ford’s) symptoms and it looked like it was cocaine use. It could have been anything like that. I’m not sure what it is,” Thomson said Monday.

“I don’t have actual proof, it’s just based on the symptoms,” Thomson said. “And the symptoms I’ve read on cocaine seem to fit.”)

If I were a Ford supporter I would certainly be quite pissed off with him as his 'antics' over the last few years have really made implimenting his 'agenda' very difficult. I certainly do not agree with his policies but they ARE policies one can make a case for - he does not make a case and his behaviour makes it hard for his allies to do so either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back