News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet is that his council bidnis is done. He might show up again for a round of applause. He'll be photographed in a hospital bed "reviewing expenses", likely by The Sun. But that's it.

Yesterday's $25 million debt write-off should've been a gimme for Ford. Anyone on his staff, could've written it and gotten the boss into another news cycle, without Robbie even breaking a sweat.

Until then, everything was proceeding normally: he howled about expenses, he promised a motion, he put holds on a bunch of his pet peeves before the meeting . . . and then nothing. For heaven's sake, last time out he called Warmington from the hospital while he has having chemo.

Yesterday's $25 million debt write-off should've been a gimme for Ford. Anyone on his staff, could've written it and gotten the boss into another news cycle, without Robbie even breaking a sweat.

Until then, everything was proceeding normally: he howled about expenses, he promised a motion, he put holds on a bunch of his pet peeves before the meeting . . . and then nothing. For heaven's sake, last time out he called Warmington from the hospital while he has having chemo.

He must be really feeling it this time. The bravado, taking "Constichewent Calls" on his sick bed, the affected gravelly voice and calling Warmington aren't happening. Rob must be realizing that this time it's for real and it's serious.

He must be really feeling it this time. The bravado, taking "Constichewent Calls" on his sick bed, the affected gravelly voice and calling Warmington aren't happening. Rob must be realizing that this time it's for real and it's serious.

Agreed. Ford must be an emotional wreck right now. The first time around, the doctors gave him a treatment plan with 50-50 odds of success. It was generic number, but it gave him something to hang on to and put up a brave face. This time around? No so much, it seems. We're not hearing the "Rob's a fighter" line from the family or the man himself. Makes me think the news Rob's getting may well be grim.

[/armchair pyschology]

What I would expect to hear from anyone in such a difficult situation is that they are taking a leave of absence (or resigning their seat) in order to focus on their health. No one would fault him for that.

I understand that sometimes people try to keep working to keep their lives as normal as possible, but there does come a time.

What I would expect to hear from anyone in such a difficult situation is that they are taking a leave of absence (or resigning their seat) in order to focus on their health. No one would fault him for that.

I understand that sometimes people try to keep working to keep their lives as normal as possible, but there does come a time.
especially when working isn't even his normal life. :p

new poster...

CS_E7yCWcAAzyFn.png

https://twitter.com/1236/status/661964202526027777

Attachments

• CS_E7yCWcAAzyFn.png
    CS_E7yCWcAAzyFn.png
    822.1 KB · Views: 483

That's the big clue to a grim outlook, IMO. If Rob were taking a leave for treatment, he'd be able to look to a future return and make brave statements. (He did twice last year, after all.) The fact he's not talking about the future makes me think he's processing a real possibility that he doesn't have one. I'm just speculating, of course, but that's my gut feeling. I keep coming back to his comment about surgery before Christmas as a "present." In other words, it's something that may be done for him, something that he wishes for. He has no control. I think that's a big change from the "I'm going to fight this" statements. But again, I could be full of it. Still, I imagine he's feeling pretty lost right now and doesn't know what to say.

Thanks, Evva. I missed that.

Agreed. Ford must be an emotional wreck right now. The first time around, the doctors gave him a treatment plan with 50-50 odds of success. It was generic number, but it gave him something to hang on to and put up a brave face. This time around? No so much, it seems. We're not hearing the "Rob's a fighter" line from the family or the man himself. Makes me think the news Rob's getting may well be grim.

That would be my guess as well. Yesterday would have given Ford a perfect opportunity for his particular brand of "Pay Attention To Me!!!" bullshit grandstanding. If he didn't go for it like he usually does, I'm guessing he's in pretty bad shape, either physically or emotionally. Or both. Not officially giving his colleagues advance notice that he wouldn't be attending yesterday's meeting - as anyone genuinely serving in his political position in good faith would have - is probably the best Rofo can manage just now, and that's rather weak on the usual Ford Mischief Scale, no?

Lesbian woman from Toronto with an unapologetically activist/interventionist bent having parted the Red Sea electorally in 2014 and smited the prodigal son? That's like waving a red flag in front of a crazed bull.

Yup. It doesn't even matter how demonstrably centrist or business-friendly the Liberals actually are to this mindset. If they're not open mouth-frothing reactionaries, then they're all commies! Yee haw!

Seems to me he "gets it" this time with his health and maybe is actually in hospital going through the motions of treatment etc. But who knows for this is Alice in Wonderland most of the time where "nothing is as it seems".

Off topic a bit but wondering about opinions from UT on Filion book and Marks book. I have read them both and must say the Filion one is more interesting and does attempt to try to figure out what RF is , what he is about and why but I am not sure he nailed it . He is certainly is more sympathetic to the man child than I can be.

Marks book is mostly about his marvellous, apparently naive very capable covering, enabling and honouring the Mayor along with explaining how he was the actual acting mayor and decision maker for Toronto. Admittedly I have no interest in Toronto politics but he gave all the details for pages and pages and pages, I found it hard to keep from nodding off as he was explaining how he really ran the show, decreetly,of course, because Rob couldn't or wouldn't . Certainly he reveals much about Doug's character as well.

Now I am curious to know more about Mark , the man himself as his ramblings rather indicate he has some issues of his own. Considering how wise he portrays himself through the the book I wonder how he could be so naive or desperate? to want to work for Ford in the first place since RF was a known drug user back in 2010 (never mind how the heck did he get elected with that behavior) or was it Mark's ego needing to be fed or something since he is obviously an intelligent man with honest intentions. Another thing I wonder about is that Mark seemed to earn good wages while employed there yet he seems to have chronic financial difficulty so what is Marks personal history?

Both of these authors are victims of a family who are displaying rather obvious psychopathic behavior and who seem to be chronic pathological liars and bullies. This leaves the authors devastated, confused and hurt which is exactly what other people would tell you who also have been traumatized by evil mentally unbalanced people. So the Fords are not that special but somehow it seem so unjust that they get away with it!
The lesson is that the bad guys do not wear black so that innocent normal decent people have no warning and are easy targets it seems!
Anyway both of these authors have much pity for Rob but neither of these authors seems to recognize that regardless of your home life as a child and it is obvious that wealth does not necessarily create mentally well balanced people, the truth is that when you are an adult you make your own choices including addiction, which is a choice not an inherited, born with condition as RF tried to purvey.

If your family of origin was unhealthy that should be the big motivator to make better choices when you are the adult. Therefore pity is not owed to those who make evil choices in behavior, attitude and action especially when the damage is so hurtful to other people especially your own children. It is truly horrible to see the home RF created for his kids, they will have some very serious emotional and psychological damage to overcome and now likely no father at all.......pretty sad story.......multigenerational dysfunction!

Now I am curious to know more about Mark , the man himself as his ramblings rather indicate he has some issues of his own. Considering how wise he portrays himself through the the book I wonder how he could be so naive or desperate? to want to work for Ford in the first place since RF was a known drug user back in 2010 (never mind how the heck did he get elected with that behavior) or was it Mark's ego needing to be fed or something since he is obviously an intelligent man with honest intentions. Another thing I wonder about is that Mark seemed to earn good wages while employed there yet he seems to have chronic financial difficulty so what is Marks personal history?
i found the account of towhey's financial struggles hard to understand too. is he just used to making soooo much money that he has a skewed view of what being broke is? or is there a gambling problem or something going on?

also... keep in mind towhey's book is co-written, whereas filion wrote his by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back