8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm still hoping you answer these...

does that mean that basically all his friends didn't know he was hanging out with gang members and doing drugs? or did they just bail once it became publicly known?

also... any insight into who his buddies were?

I've heard of a few different reasons. Guys he used to party with were scared of ending up in the papers. For others, the drama was a clear sign that it was time for them to clean up their own act and move on--like the one guy I was talking to had just had a baby. Another guy--his wife sort of banned him from hanging out with Ford after he downed a mickey of vodka at their house and then drove himself off shortly after. Combined with all of the crack drama she'd had enough.

So if Ford was in such intense pain wouldn't they have to do something immediately to alleviate that? You think pain meds alone would do the trick until they take care of the tumour?

So, Rob was a no-show at Council today.

It's 11:00 P.M. and still not a peep.

This afternoon, Council voted to write off $25-million in debts to the City with nothing more than a show of hands . . . you'd think that—if nothing else—would have Ford on the line to Joe Warmington in time for tomorrow's edition (and tonight's sloppy web update.)

Crickets.

Shit just got real in Crazy Town.

Maybe he is actually taking his health seriously for once.

when did we stop writing AIDS in all caps? I've noticed this and it bothers me. People know it's an acronym, right? (sorry for OT rant)

It's the English. They do things differently for reasons that are hard to understand. From what I've seen, newspapers there treat AIDS like a proper noun instead of an acronym.

What do you recommend they do? He is doing this within the procedures of council. When anyone else isn't there and has a hold, councillors are willing to wait until the 'holder' comes back to chambers.

It also would have been within the procedures of council had they elected to go on without pandering to the specific demands of a chronically late (or absent), unprofessional, grandstanding, famewhoring manchild, and that is exactly what they should have done in this case. Ford has long, long, long passed the point where he deserves such professional courtesies, but these assholes are still normalizing his toxic brand of bullshit by treating it as if it were in any way reasonable. Never even mind that he's a spent force politically, that he's in no position to harm them anymore and that the recent election proved that his base of support is a mile wide and an inch deep. Enough is enough.

So, Rob was a no-show at Council today.

It's 11:00 P.M. and still not a peep.

This afternoon, Council voted to write off $25-million in debts to the City with nothing more than a show of hands . . . you'd think that—if nothing else—would have Ford on the line to Joe Warmington in time for tomorrow's edition (and tonight's sloppy web update.)

Crickets.

Shit just got real in Crazy Town.

At 10:00 this morning Francis Nunziata informed Council that Ford's staff has advised her that he will not be in today, and so they are releasing all his held items.

And that motion on councillors' expenses he promised us in his press release . . . not even filed.

And perhaps most remarkably, it looks as if this meeting of Council will be finished in two days rather than the customary three.

At 10:00 this morning Francis Nunziata informed Council that Ford's staff has advised her that he will not be in today, and so they are releasing all his held items.

And that motion on councillors' expenses he promised us in his press release . . . not even filed.

And perhaps most remarkably, it looks as if this meeting of Council will be finished in two days rather than the customary three.

Something's obviously up. Maybe he's gone to the states for treatment.

It's the English. They do things differently for reasons that are hard to understand. From what I've seen, newspapers there treat AIDS like a proper noun instead of an acronym.

It varies. In the case of the link given, the Guardian's style guide treats the acronym as a proper noun with an initial capital, as do the Telegraph and the BBC (but it didn't before: http://www2.media.uoa.gr/lectures/linguistic_archives/academic_papers0506/notes/stylesheets_3.pdf), although not the Economist, the Independent or the Daily Mail.

Something's obviously up. Maybe he's gone to the states for treatment.

But doesn't it seem like there's not much to be done at this point? What kind of treatment could he get in the States?

I suspect this is just a mysterious disappearance to drum up sympathy/attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back