8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mexico's President Is Funnier Than Any of Your Politicians
Sometimes there's nothing you can do but laugh at the people running your country. Canada had Rob Ford, we may have Donald Trump (probably not), and Mexico has Enrique Peña Nieto, who has been president of the country since 2012. Nieto, who is known for skewering names, screwing up geography, and sounding a little bit too rehearsed in his public appearances, has become a sort of joke for Mexico's comedians—many who find the politician's blunders to be prime material.
http://ca.complex.com/pop-culture/2015/11/mexicos-president-enrique-pena-nieto-makes-people-laugh

Why are all our mayors cartoonish, overlarge and male?
saving the precious broadcasting minutes that might otherwise have been used up saying: “Your own version of a swaggering, bullying, preferably wealthy male for whom leadership of your city is purely a platform for his insane, unfulfilled ambitions. And in which job any reputation as a shagger will be taken to indicate supreme potency, as opposed to incontinence. Part-time only. Latin speaker preferred. Would suit busy minor celebrity able to fit mayoral duties around newspaper columns, popular biographies, media appearances and occasional duties as a serving MP.”
http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...uk-cities-boris-johnson-ken-livingstone-women

rob kids suffering.PNG

https://twitter.com/Da_Squat/status/671089775164657664

Attachments

• rob kids suffering.PNG
    rob kids suffering.PNG
    22.2 KB · Views: 494
Col. Flagg and the FF Nation have spoken with their usual quick wittedness:
http://www.newstalk1010.com/news/20...world-leaders-at-un-climate-change-conference

We might well ask who Neil Flagg thinks he is. Creepy old poster salesman who somehow got a platform with Ezra Levant's "news" "organization", along with Sheila Gunn Reid and other basement keyboard bashers. It's like The Rebel Media is giving away columnist positions in boxes of Wheaties. Free job! Meaning you work for free!

We might well ask who Neil Flagg thinks he is. Creepy old poster salesman who somehow got a platform with Ezra Levant's "news" "organization", along with Sheila Gunn Reid and other basement keyboard bashers. It's like The Rebel Media is giving away columnist positions in boxes of Wheaties. Free job! Meaning you work for free!
That's probably where Warmington and Levy will end up when Postmedia goes under. I wonder how The Rebel's able to pay the bills. Pretty much everyone from Sun News went there. Donors or just took out a big loan?

That's probably where Warmington and Levy will end up when Postmedia goes under. I wonder how The Rebel's able to pay the bills. Pretty much everyone from Sun News went there. Donors or just took out a big loan?

Levant et al. constantly beg for money on Twitter.

I've never understood why people write professionally for free. If you're word isn't worth being compensated for (certainly the website you're blogging on is using your content to drive ad revenue), then what's it worth?

Sometimes it's to get your name out there. Just like companies give their product for free. (I'm a professional writer)

What can you expect from the "Media Party".:D

They don't, their Lobbies or special interest groups, like "Ethical Oil", do.

Last edited:
Sometimes it's to get your name out there. Just like companies give their product for free. (I'm a professional writer)
I suppose, but you'd want to consider your free content as a phase to eventually getting paid for what you do. It's not a profession if you're not generating revenue or being compensated, it's a hobby.

Absolutely. You wouldn't always provide free content. You'd do it sometimes, just like product sampling. Or you may do a stint as a guest blogger to drive traffic to your own blog/site/work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back