News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who apparently got to see his good side, when he wasn't being a jerk on Twitter.

probably because they don't have any details, so not much of a story

but now that Rob's staff have tweeted, something will break

i noticed Jude MacDonald (not sure if she's still active here on UT) has suggested on twitter a get-together to celebrate life -- https://twitter.com/judemacdonald/status/700385747266727937
Oh good grief, just .... no. I don't get why some people think we have to like people after they die. There comes a point at which "taking the high road" just becomes a damn farce. Graeme's tagged in a lot of tweets around Feb 1 when Jude dropped the COI case, where some people were clarifying that the judge didn't throw out the case, but that she dropped it... for personal reasons. Of course, now we can't see Graeme's responses anymore, but I doubt they were full of condolences.

In another vein...
160219-0001.png

Attachments

• 160219-0001.png
    160219-0001.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 601
Almost seems like his "Country Pumpkin" figure.

Ah, she seems nice enough - nothing more than that. Just someone with a strong interest in municipal politics (also a big fan of Norm Kelly, FWIW) and the sort of person who likes to be friends with everyone.

Oh good grief, just .... no. I don't get why some people think we have to like people after they die. There comes a point at which "taking the high road" just becomes a damn farce. Graeme's tagged in a lot of tweets around Feb 1 when Jude dropped the COI case, where some people were clarifying that the judge didn't throw out the case, but that she dropped it... for personal reasons. Of course, now we can't see Graeme's responses anymore, but I doubt they were full of condolences.

Yeah, I don't have a lot of time or empathy for the 'you guys were so mean to Graeme' line since he made a point of really bashing people like Tory and Keesmaat even when he didn't have a job with the Fords anymore. I wonder if the loss of that connection (particularly to Doug, it seems) really affected him.

It's weird when someone dies an people forget everything. I'm glad I'm not the only one who won't be raising a glass in his memory. Both Jude and Chris Caple want to attend attend a public memorial to him even though they were always being treated badly by him. And really, do you think Graeme would want them to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back