News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wanted to ask him what he thought about the Maritimes going totally red in the last election, given how he was a staunch conservative.

This is true. My wife was worried about picking up books at the library.
The library folk are in a different union.

I do find it interesting that he liked bikes and his boss hated them.

Yeah, he also advocated throwing snowballs at people who bike in the winter and would routinely bash Jen Keesmaat for anything bike-related by trotting out that tired old 'Toronto is not the Netherlands' line. So maybe he was one of those weird anarcho-libertarian bike riders opposed to all bike infrastructure on ideological/taxpayer grounds.

He also seemed to like throwing things at the RFMG protesters. I have a hard time squaring that with 'extreme professionalism'.

Oh, okay; I get it. (Somehow, Karla doesn't seem the sort who'd verbalize such concerns.)

I thought it was Landi (sp) who blamed the twitterati? Either way she's lashing out at people who have the nerve to suggest her saintly Graeme was nothing but nasty to certain people and nice to others.

At least Ford supporters aren't as overtly racist, given how diverse the base is.

I don't know about that. There are all kinds of Ford supporters and the ones who don't hide their racism as well aren't necessarily the stereotypical angry whites.

I blew my mind reading some American comments to an article, several commenters were having a conversation about Muslims being a race just like Buddhists.

And then there's 'I know Muslims aren't a race, so I'm not being racist'. No, you're being a bigot, well done.

Read Filion and now just finished Towhey book -- acquired through Toronto library. Do not remember anything from Filion book but Towhey book was very good. The Fords are vile creatures.

vile
vīl/
adjective
adjective: vile; comparative adjective: viler; superlative adjective: vilest
extremely unpleasant.
"he has a vile temper"
synonyms: foul, nasty, unpleasant, bad, disagreeable, horrid, horrible, dreadful, abominable, atrocious, offensive, obnoxious, odious, unsavory, repulsive, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, hateful, nauseating, sickening; disgraceful, appalling, shocking, sorry, shabby, shameful, dishonorable, execrable, heinous, abhorrent, deplorable, monstrous, wicked, evil, iniquitous, nefarious, depraved, debased; contemptible, despicable, reprehensible; informal gross, godawful, lowdown, lousy; archaicscurvy "a vile smell"

I predict March 30.
https://www.quora.com/Where-did-the...ll-related-to-the-Marvel-comic-book-character
Ya, Towhey's book was interesting. It was mostly for political junkies, with the scandalous stuff coming near the end. It was interesting getting the behind the scenes take of big council votes. One thing that's consistent throughout all of the Ford books is what a disaster Doug was. No one liked him! Also, Towhey makes it clear that staff did all of the work for Rob. He spent most of his time making constit calls, two-thirds of which turned out to be a waste of time.

I don't know about that. There are all kinds of Ford supporters and the ones who don't hide their racism as well aren't necessarily the stereotypical angry whites.

Yes, there is some overt racism in Ford Nation, but not like with Trump's base.

I thought it was Landi (sp) who blamed the twitterati? Either way she's lashing out at people who have the nerve to suggest her saintly Graeme was nothing but nasty to certain people and nice to others.

To her credit, it appears she has deleted those tweets.

CORRECTION: It was Melanie (@Cali4niaDreams) who blamed the twitterati and has since deleted those tweets.

Last edited:
To her credit, it appears she has deleted those tweets.

Hmm. She went on the attack when someone suggested he wasn't nice to some people. I'm not entirely in agreement with criticizing him at this point, but she's overreacting.

https://twitter.com/pedalpapa/status/701203893498179586

https://twitter.com/landiiskiez/status/701577126198251521

https://twitter.com/landiiskiez/status/701578077571260416

Not sure what to make of these:

Landii S ‏@landiiskiez 14h14 hours ago
Processing how I (yes even me) have been hurt directly or indirectly by the Rob Ford :( Incomprehensible #topoli

Landii S ‏@landiiskiez 12h12 hours ago
It is so bizarre and suffocating feeling that you yourself are ensnared and tangled in the Ford spiderweb #topoli

Yeah, he also advocated throwing snowballs at people who bike in the winter and would routinely bash Jen Keesmaat for anything bike-related by trotting out that tired old 'Toronto is not the Netherlands' line. So maybe he was one of those weird anarcho-libertarian bike riders opposed to all bike infrastructure on ideological/taxpayer grounds.

He also seemed to like throwing things at the RFMG protesters. I have a hard time squaring that with 'extreme professionalism'.

Anyone forgetting that he was disliked by CH staff? He was the Ford office snitch and anything that happened outside his glass bowl was reported to the Fords. Clerical staff afraid to interact with the protesters and if the did they stood behind the concrete pillars and needed to speak in a low voice as the false ceiling would carry conversations into the fishbowl. The accurately quote one CH staff member "Graeme has a problem" He was a lonely man, who was angry, disliked and discarded. His claim to fame was having been a restaurateur and certified sommelier out in BC ending up being a 'special assistant' to Fords, only be discarded when they had no need or purpose for his misguided loyalty.

He was a lonely man, who was angry, disliked and discarded. His claim to fame was having been a restaurateur and certified sommelier out in BC ending up being a 'special assistant' to Fords, only be discarded when they had no need or purpose for his misguided loyalty.

I don't think you can characterize Graeme as being "discarded" by the Fords.

I can't recall for certain, but when Norm Kelly took on the mayor's responsibilities, wasn't Graeme one of the nine that remained with Ford . . . while David Price was the only one really discarded?

Furthermore, during the election he went on to an important position with Rob's and then Doug's mayoral campaign. And so I suspect the main reason he wasn't still working with them at City Hall is that Doug's no longer there, and Rob now only has a staff of three.

Last edited:
Screen shot 2016-02-22 at 12.22.12 PM.png

Seems like, when it came to cycling at least, Graeme might've been a bit of a closet-case.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-02-22 at 12.22.12 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-02-22 at 12.22.12 PM.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,091
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back