8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're pretty much assured of that.

And even more so, what this presages for FoFam at large, now that their political meal ticket (and hence a critical "protective layer") is all but gone. Watch what happens with Deco, especially.

Another character to *maybe* monitor: the widowed Renata--what will happen to her, what stories might she have to tell, etc (esp. if she winds up being on the outs with FoFam)

FoFam would want to keep Renata close if only to groom little Dougie for future political stardom (they don't put any stock in female offspring). But I'd salivate over the as-told-to book Renata could write. Bet someone is already on the case.

If council appoints someone that doesn't meet the approval of the family, they will throw a huge fit.
Bring it on!
Tory won't let council do anything that would stir up The Beast. He's got enough of his own fights on his hands for those lovely Infrastructure Funds.

FoFam would want to keep Renata close if only to groom little Dougie for future political stardom (they don't put any stock in female offspring). But I'd salivate over the as-told-to book Renata could write. Bet someone is already on the case.
FoFam : The Next Generation
Could end as a serial featuring the tortuous lives of Celebrity Brats.
Momma's getting up there and Doug will be the Producer, Director and Leading Man.

You realize that the way you toss Wynne into that post undermines your argument?

Then again, you've already demonstrated your abject civic ignorance through your notion that Nathan Phillips Square could be renamed "Rob Ford Square"...

Actually my suggestion regarding the renaming of Nathan Phillips Square was done to get a rise out of people as I was offended by the light hearted, even hopeful, posts regarding Rob Ford immanent demise. I do find it intesting on a board such as this, that to my eyes leans heavily to the left, that someone with a drug and acohol dependency is the object of so much scorn rather than sympathy. I feel sorry for the guy although I do feel he is his own worst enemy.

I don't think anything should be named after Rob Ford for obvious reasons but also because I do not think any public places should be named after politicians as they are simply civil servants doing their job. I wouldn't undo anything that has already been done but that said I don't want to see any more of the "Jack Layton Ferry Terminal" conventions currently in practice.

I will be happy, especially for my son, once Kathleen Wynne leaves office and if that takes her leaving this realm then so be it.

I will be happy, especially for my son, once Kathleen Wynne leaves office and if that takes her leaving this realm then so be it.
I can never understand why discussions of Toronto's politics invariably end up with people bashing provincial politicians. They just aren't related the way you think they are.

FoFam : The Next Generation
Could end as a serial featuring the tortuous lives of Celebrity Brats.
Momma's getting up there and Doug will be the Producer, Director and Leading Man.

It scares me how easily I could see this actually happening. In fact, I'd be surprise if it hasn't already been kicked around, shopped or at least spitballed.

Diane: Pulling all the strings
Doug: The new face of The Nation
Randy: The bumbling rough-around-the-edges but loveable crazy cowboy
Renata: The grieving widow
Kathy: The black sheep
Team Special K: So much shopping & drama

Also, as Adma pointed to the erosion of the Ford's "protective layer" I wonder how things will unfold with the TPS with Rob gone. Rob obviously had some type of teflon coating and any deal or agreement had to be in place with Rob. I imagine it may have also included some of Rob's siblings, acquaintances and associates. With Rob gone, I presume any extended coverage will expire.

I do find it intesting on a board such as this, that to my eyes leans heavily to the left, that someone with a drug and acohol dependency is the object of so much scorn rather than sympathy. I feel sorry for the guy although I do feel he is his own worst enemy.

He is not entitled to our sympathy. Empathy, sure, as a fellow human being in pain. But that's it. Across the country hundreds if not thousands of other people are sick and actively dying. Most of them were better people than Rob ever was. He's not some sort of hardcore heroin addict who lived a marginalized life on the street after a long history of sexual abuse or neglect. He is a lying scumbag who would have sooner gone out and partied with 20 somethings and fucking drug dealers than spend time with his family.

I don't think anything should be named after Rob Ford for obvious reasons but also because I do not think any public places should be named after politicians as they are simply civil servants doing their job. I wouldn't undo anything that has already been done but that said I don't want to see any more of the "Jack Layton Ferry Terminal" conventions currently in practice.

So we should rename Nathan Philips Square then? And Pearson?

ETA: As I was writing this, I see that he has died. A troubled life, to be sure, and if his time came earlier than it should have, he is not deserving of any special public mourning (assuming anyone is). Everyone dies. I hope that his family was with him and that they for once put aside their toxic relationships.

CP24 is not really going easy - crack smoking photo and all....someone put some effort into making sure it wasn't a sainted obit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back