News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe...but this isn't the time comments like this.

You've just wished death on another elected official - coincident of the current news - because it would take care of a personal dislike and now you're telling me it isn't the right time for an accounting of personal behaviour for an individual that has brought complete and utter disrepute to the city?

AoD

She is in a leadership position afterall - she will not have the freedom to speak ones' mind if it doesn't align with the general expectations.

AoD
I act and speak the same way in person as I would on an internet forum. I am not two people, don't have two personalities. I see something inherently wrong with people that act two (or more) ways, depending on who they're addressing. It's called hypocrisy.

So if you were a city councillor, you'd be saying something totally different than what you type in here, regarding Rob Ford?

Not sure what your point is to be honest. I never voted for Ford, never supported him as mayor or councillor. But he's dead. Are you somehow saying he's at fault for his death?

I was taught empathy and respect. The guy is dead. RIP.
Instead of having a funeral they should call it a "celebration of life".

I act and speak the same way in person as I would on an internet forum. I am not two people, don't have two personalities. I see something inherently wrong with people that act two (or more) ways, depending on who they're addressing. It's called hypocrisy.

So if you were a city councillor, you'd be saying something totally different than what you type in here, regarding Rob Ford?

You'd have no choice, you are chosen to represent not just yourself, but the values of those who voted for you and your broader ward as well. It's called diplomacy and tact - and we practice it everyday in our dealings with people - the higher your authority, the more importance of exercising that authority in a careful way that binds.

Personally in the same situation I am probably not so inclined to be magnanimous - the "end of an era, and period of self reflection on the impermanence of life" is probably the gentlest - and most philosophical and honest way to put it. Certainly not going to sing his praises (because I don't see it) or feel sorry for the loss (because I don't feel it) though.

AoD

Last edited:
Much as I find the "haters" tag childish - I think reasonable people can disagree with someone without being a 'hater' - I'll go ahead and speak on behalf of myself and probably lots of other 'haters' here.

This very much was not "my wish." My wish would be that Rob Ford have to face justice for some - hell, any - of his many transgressions of law, council policy, decorum, and basic decency. I had no wish that he would die. Honestly, I'd much rather he live to a ripe old age in sincere contrition for what he did wrong, and trying with the time he had left to make it right.

Just curious what justice awaits those of us who fail your test with regards to things like "decorum and basic decency"? I assume you are the one to ask as you appear to be judge and juror in this area?

Irony here is that was Rob Ford's m.o. on Council, both as a councillor and mayor.

[QUOTE
I also choose to believe that being an a$$hole increases your chances of getting cancer.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't bode well for many on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back