News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! It's odd. No funeral. No burial. No reception. This is the second family member in a row to pass recently and nothing's done for them. But I guess this was what she wanted. Her body was left in her bed for like seven hours though and family members took turns sitting with it to have their moment. Never heard of that being done before.

Thanks everyone! It's odd. No funeral. No burial. No reception. This is the second family member in a row to pass recently and nothing's done for them. But I guess this was what she wanted. Her body was left in her bed for like seven hours though and family members took turns sitting with it to have their moment. Never heard of that being done before.
So sorry about your Aunt. My grandparents did something similar (i.e. nothing). It felt strange but neither one of them wanted any kind of service etc.

That's why, in her secret way, Renata with her "pillow talk" advantage, likely stood at the figurative head of RoFo's Night Shift table. Which probably echoes itself through all the "taxpayers" who sought to speak to him and to whom he was all ears--esp. those who were "perennial characters" whom almost everyone else on Council had "known their number" for ages...

Renata was invisible as a 'political spouse' and did not attend functions with Rob after election victory night and until the time it suited him to parade/demean her in public. Not that I'm a fan of the kissy kissy political wife, expected to dress well, smile, and shut up - and give the impression she'd just left a fresh batch of cookies on the counter which she'd made with her adorable children. I'd wondered about Renata's absence - is it that Doug usually bullhorned his way into Rob's events, or that Renata disliked the public role? Did Rob find her an embarrassment or did he just prefer to be seen on his own? Renata is a very pretty woman and although it goes against every feminist bone in my body to say so, I'd guess that Rob got his beautiful princess and Renata won her financial security.

The Fords are such an odd bunch. Given Doug Sr's apparent giant step up in the world, achieving his MPP status, you'd think they'd have encouraged the kids to move in more sophisticated social circles. Instead all four (even Doug) surrounded themselves with all manner of dodgy friends and acquaintances.

Having witnessed Renata's bizarre behaviour at her husband's funeral, it seems her grief performance has toned down for her fathers funeral even though they made his passing public on Youtube, which of course is just not the same as the nation wide broadcast farce...

The Fords are such an odd bunch. Given Doug Sr's apparent giant step up in the world, achieving his MPP status, you'd think they'd have encouraged the kids to move in more sophisticated social circles. Instead all four (even Doug) surrounded themselves with all manner of dodgy friends and acquaintances.

Except that his rise probably happened after the die is cast re: his kids' dodgy friends. Recall DoFo's "business venture" in the 80s - that predates his dad's seat in the provincial legislature.

AoD

Renata was invisible as a 'political spouse' and did not attend functions with Rob after election victory night and until the time it suited him to parade/demean her in public. Not that I'm a fan of the kissy kissy political wife, expected to dress well, smile, and shut up - and give the impression she'd just left a fresh batch of cookies on the counter which she'd made with her adorable children. I'd wondered about Renata's absence - is it that Doug usually bullhorned his way into Rob's events, or that Renata disliked the public role? Did Rob find her an embarrassment or did he just prefer to be seen on his own? Renata is a very pretty woman and although it goes against every feminist bone in my body to say so, I'd guess that Rob got his beautiful princess and Renata won her financial security.

Doug organized the funeral service - not Renata. That tells you everything you need to know.

Having witnessed Renata's bizarre behaviour at her husband's funeral, it seems her grief performance has toned down for her fathers funeral even though they made his passing public on Youtube, which of course is just not the same as the nation wide broadcast farce...

WTH, why is she giving Dougie prompts?

Doesn't Toronto require legal names on the ballots? There's the little issue that she's Krista Haynes now. Unless she never formally changed it...

She can change it to Krista Ford Haynes in time for the election, right? Or else run as Krista Haynes with a Ford Nation banner on the flyers, election signs, etc.

But the FB announcement re Renata's father came (as of writing) within the past 24 hours.
Thinking further of Renata (and with Filion's narrative in mind), I think Rob was drawn to her in the same way he was youthfully drawn to the Scarlettwood Court public housing and life's-refuse underdogs in general; by his measure, she was "real"--a Betty to Karla's Veronica. Renata was Rob's Polish Pumpkin, so to speak, with her unabashedly "Euro-ethnic" family (and, presumably, the kitchen-table discussions within said family, which presumably motivated her to be, in whatever flaky way, "engaged" in the manner we're now witnessing via FB) adding a certain exoticism. Of course, their bonding-agent addictions and codependencies helped; but believe it or not, Renata was likely the sort who made Rob Ford "feel smart". Pumpkin's wisdom, y'know.

That's why, in her secret way, Renata with her "pillow talk" advantage, likely stood at the figurative head of RoFo's Night Shift table. Which probably echoes itself through all the "taxpayers" who sought to speak to him and to whom he was all ears--esp. those who were "perennial characters" whom almost everyone else on Council had "known their number" for ages...

I'm not sure Renata has that much influence. Her political statements on FB are pretty incoherent and she just seems to be parroting stuff the FoBros and Ford Nation/IHTWOMRF as a whole has been saying.

Last edited:
She can change it to Krista Ford Haynes in time for the election, right? Or else run as Krista Haynes with a Ford Nation banner on the flyers, election signs, etc.
Looks like she's able to do pretty much anything as long as she's using some combo of her legal names or reasonable subs (e.g., Bill for William):

http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/AssetFactory.aspx?did=10336 said:
Filing your nomination You must fill out the Nomination Form (Form 1) and file it with your municipal clerk. The clerk may require you to show identification or fill in an additional form to prove that you are eligible. Please see page 34 for links to forms. You should write down your name as you want it to appear on the ballot. If you normally go by a different name than your legal first name, you may use that name provided the clerk agrees. Example: Your name is George Alexander Louis Smith.  if you normally go by George Smith, print Smith, George on the nomination form  if you normally go by Alex Smith, and the clerk agrees, print Smith, Alex on the nomination form  if you normally go by George Alexander, and the clerk agrees, print Smith, George Alexander on the form You do not have to provide all of your names under Given Name(s) on the form. Only provide the one(s) that you want to appear on the ballot.

As for eligibility, the non-resident property requirements are extremely lax. She may even be eligible already via a share in the family trust which owns Deco. Alternately, she can rent out a room in her parents' house or the Deco building at $1/year for bedazzler storage and that should suffice.

Last edited:
More word salad from Renata:

Cheryl Douglass He never wanted to be on the "gravy train" or at least that's what he said. He also didn't like street closures, or at least that's what he said. At the very least respect the man he wanted to be.
Like · Reply · 6 April at 14:44

Renata Ford
Gone now you can name call him names all you want. God help you. Good luck. My life will be fine he knew how to take care of his family. Rob loved the people of toronto like his own family. Enjoy Johnny Wynne and Justin. I think I'm exchange my money to gold bricks and have fun with my family. You can pay the taxes have fun. Speak up like Rob did and maybe you will save some money. If I were you then I would change my money to gold Justin will screw you. It's paper worth nothing justin said the books will balance itself. OMG Alberta our Texas the fucked is a Quebecor who dose care about English Canada. Why don't they teach french from grade 1 all government jobs go to Quebec. Let's trade oil for french . The next PM shouldn't speak French period. Quebec go NDP government jobs.

Renata Ford My husband would never wanted taxpayers to pay one cent. He loves Toronto and Canada.​

So, uh, why agree to bill taxpayers for the funeral & associated expenses? Why make a noise about it being $19K and claim you were quoted 'no more than $1K'?

Anne Paquin Need a grammar lesson
Like · Reply · 5 April at 20:53

Renata Ford Grammar is my favorite subject.
Like · Reply · 6 April at 01:46
Renata Ford How many languages do you know me just 6
Like · Reply · 2 · 6 April at 01:47
Dwayne Lelis Is english one of them?
Like · Reply · 20 hrs

Renata Ford No you should write a letter to yourself that would make so proud of yourself.​

Anyone notice how absent a representative of the FoFam was at the funeral? You'd think someone would have been present at the interment ceremony even if it's just to pay respect to the little guys.

As for eligibility, the non-resident property requirements are extremely lax. She may even be eligible already via a share in the family trust which owns Deco. Alternately, she can rent out a room in her parents' house or the Deco building at $1/year for bedazzler storage and that should suffice.

Shades of Duffy.

Anyone notice how absent a representative of the FoFam was at the funeral? You'd think someone would have been present at the interment ceremony even if it's just to pay respect to the little guys.
I know Doug's not the biggest fan. Someone told me he complains about her all the time--thinks she's off her rocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back