News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bedazzling business"? Whoa, nellie! You mean Mrs Davenport could get vajazzled by a K-Ford? Wow! (.... it's getting a bit hot in here, or is it me?) I'd better tell la mamasita to make an appointment.

FWIW -- which is nothing -- I thought this was a ridiculous bit of navel gazing. Kind of embarrassing, in a 'really, dude, that's not Toronto at all' sort of way.

Agreed. The writer decided on a thesis and pulled, pushed and stretched reality in such tortuous ways to make it awkwardly conform to his hobby horse of a theory.

That said, the Stephen Marche G&M column mentioned in the article really turned me off....Stephen Marche. It was such a trite piece of 'Me so clever' that it actually had me thinking Ford deserved a chance. Though that sentiment was short lived.

Does anyone know when Renata's father died? Was he at the funeral? She said they died within a week of each other but Rob died almost two weeks ago. Ford math, I know.

His death is even more worrisome for the kids.
In one of the videos (there are like 4) it mentions that Renata lost her husband the week before/within the week, so yes, terrible time for that family.

Well. I think among a FN that loves its male figureheads and showers its preferential affection on those endowed with penises, er sorry, those possessing a Y chromosome, that Krista is beatable in Ward 2. The desired FN qualities of "telling it like it is"and "standing up for the little folk" all have a strong essence of masculine/caveman protector fantasy about them. Even with Doug at the back end of the pantomime horse, I can't see Krista wowing the old white farts who comprise much of the Ford voting bloc.

My aunt died from her cancer yesterday. Lung cancer that spread all over her body, including to her brain. Brutal way to go.

Even though she quit smoking a few years ago it caught up with her. Hopefully my mother in law is in the clear as she smoked just as heavily.
Sorry for your loss, Jimmi.
yellow-rose-icon.png

Andray Domise expects to see Krista Ford run in Ward 2 - not Doug or Michael. And that the Fords and their enablers will make allegations of sexism against the "leftist" media soon as she does.

Where is this coming from?

In Andray talking about this publicly, or to you privately?

I wish I could say I'm surprised. Why do we even bother to have an election in that ward? Why don't we just pass it along to the next in line and be done with it? IIRC Krista is the one that was tweeting about "dressing like a whore" in relation to the Slut Walk. She doesn't sound any smarter than the rest of the family.
I can't be so quick to throw her under the bus for that comment. She's young, and women are indoctrinated with "how to avoid getting raped" doctrine since around the age of 10 (and earlier, subconsciously). The blaming of the clothing is pretty deeply ingrained in our culture. It takes time and effort to undo messages you've been hearing pretty much since birth.

In one of the videos (there are like 4) it mentions that Renata lost her husband the week before/within the week, so yes, terrible time for that family.

But the FB announcement re Renata's father came (as of writing) within the past 24 hours.
Thinking further of Renata (and with Filion's narrative in mind), I think Rob was drawn to her in the same way he was youthfully drawn to the Scarlettwood Court public housing and life's-refuse underdogs in general; by his measure, she was "real"--a Betty to Karla's Veronica. Renata was Rob's Polish Pumpkin, so to speak, with her unabashedly "Euro-ethnic" family (and, presumably, the kitchen-table discussions within said family, which presumably motivated her to be, in whatever flaky way, "engaged" in the manner we're now witnessing via FB) adding a certain exoticism. Of course, their bonding-agent addictions and codependencies helped; but believe it or not, Renata was likely the sort who made Rob Ford "feel smart". Pumpkin's wisdom, y'know.

That's why, in her secret way, Renata with her "pillow talk" advantage, likely stood at the figurative head of RoFo's Night Shift table. Which probably echoes itself through all the "taxpayers" who sought to speak to him and to whom he was all ears--esp. those who were "perennial characters" whom almost everyone else on Council had "known their number" for ages...

Jimmy T,
So very sorry. Losing a loved one is unlike
any other moment in life. There are so many mundane tasks and random moments when the memories will rear up and startle you. Your aunt will live on in your family's memories and the pain of her loss will lessen with time. Take care of yourself and your young family. You are in my thoughts.

Basing this, solely, on what I have read here, it seems that Renata has been emotionally, physically and financially abused. She has been viciously subjugated for years by a man of little education and even less morality. Her children may be at risk of becoming an angrier version of their father. The overt substance abuse that appeared to run rampant through their home does not bode well for their future. If, by removing Rob from the family dynamic encourages an even slight chance these kids can develop a more balanced upbringing, then I do hope such a miracle could play out. Renata is probably reeling from her recent losses, and even though up to now would not be a nominee for a mother of the year award, may need some time to get her act together once she realizes
she's safe again. Of course, if Doug pokes his toxic nose in there, it will a very long road toward recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back