8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a thread for that too
There's actually three - one for Tory, one for council and one for the upcoming by election.

Folks, no thread has done more for UT than this thread. We've always supported front-line posters. We're not some fancy architecture thread in some hoity-toity civic infrastructure forum. We're a good, hard-working, taxpaying thread. We work 24/7 for the readers of UT. We respond to every post. And we're going to keep doing it, because that's what Rob would have wanted.

Last edited:
well... it's not like they really wanted to come. Maybe more like her saying "you don't have to come... " and them saying "great, see ya later then."
So much for taking care of Renata and the kids. The first time he had to be there for her and the kids, and he dropped them like hot potatoes. Best brother-in-law ever.

Anyone else wondering what Doug will do this week to make the news?

Announce his bid for the federal NDP leadership?
Ha, I knew someone would jump on that! I think he'd look great in orange and Karla of course has deep roots with the NDP party. It was recently reported that her Jewdish ancestors were staunch union supporters. :D

Last edited:
As for putting the funeral on YouTube, you might expect that from a young person, not someone her age.

The guy who put the funeral on YT (Renata's dad's funeral, that is) is Andrzej Pokora, who I believe is Renata's cousin. He seems a fair bit older and possibly a little socially awkward, judging by his tendency to photograph/video pretty much everything and post it online, complete with lousy panning, zooms and shots of bored-looking Stephanie.

I really have a bad feeling about the kids, Renata's grandparents seemed to be doing most of the parenting, so losing their grandfather and father so close together has got to mess them up. I can't imagine Renata being of much use now, especially if she is spiraling back into her addictions, which tbh I wouldn't necessarily blame her.

Not sure how Renata's mother will be able to look after herself, or whether Renata will be able to support herself ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36021077

This doesn't have anything to do with the thread topic, but I like how the mayor and council can be sacked by the state government.
Theoretically the provincial government could pass legislation to dissolve a municipal government, as the Victoria state government appears to be doing. The constitutional subservience of municipal government is well-established so it would be within the province's powers. It would be a huge political minefield though.

School boards in Ontario can and have been dismissed for major transgressions such as failing to submit a balanced budget. Believe Hamilton is the largest municipality to have its public board placed under an administrator. And, oddly enough, the federal government still has the theoretical powers of reservation and disallowance on provincial legislation though it is almost certainly dead letter at this point in the federation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back