News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminded me of the Fords, though Rob really did have fans who would have sent real pictures, probably with Ford Nation t-shirts on.
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...claren-touts-praise-from-phantom-constituents

It seems like something Doug might do though.
icon_lol.gif

Powerful, intelligent comment by a Ford Nation member:

Notice how the Leftist Queer loving PC nutters have nothing good to say about Rob, who I knew personally growing up in the great then city of Etobicoke. They all have no class and should be ashamed of themselves as they are always whining on about PC'ness and their anti-bullying crap but they are nothing but hypocrites!..Nothing but a bunch of Liberal Leftist Queer loving pieces of shit!..Rest in Peace Rob, you deserve it after putting up with their crap which unfortunately took you down..I hope they all die of a slow cancer which is their sick and twisted minds!

Here are some messages old football teammates posted when Rob died. All great guys but I think they exagerrate how great he was. Maybe because he's famous and all they want it to sound like they were close.

RIP my friend and mentor. I've never known a harder worker and a stronger fighter. You taught us never to give up no matter the score and play as hard as we can to the last minute. I know you gave cancer one hell of a fight. I remember years ago when you were a councillor and we were walking around city hall right after the Star had an article where they mentioned you as possibly running for Mayor. How excited you were that day walking through the Jazz festival handing out your card. You didn't run in that election but when you did and won I was so proud of you. I will miss you but not a day goes by where your lessons of generosity, caring, goodwill and hardwork don't make me a better person.

Still in shock to see Rob Ford pass away. He was great part of Etobicoke and the city of Toronto. It was a great honor to know Rob. I still remember him running the track at Scarlett Heights during football practice kicking our ass, passing us with ease or the time where he made us run to Richview to intimidate them before our playoff game. For a big guy he had good cardio. Thank you for everything you gave to the Raiders football team, Scarlett Heights and the city of Toronto. R.I.P.

My friend. Toronto's son. You will be missed. Next to our park named after your dad. Scarlet Heights Entrepreneurial Academy. Where you mentored so many like us. Raiders field should be renamed to Robert Bruce Ford Field. Thank you for your friendship.

Yes, I hadn't scrolled down enough, and there is just so much to scroll through!

Maybe she should be allowed to process her grief the way she wants, but this looks a lot like narcissism. And delusion. She probably does miss him in some co-dependent way but he had a lot to answer for in the way he treated her.

Not to make a mountain out of a molehill, but I meant to pick up this particular thread again a couple of days ago. Sorry to be late:

I thought the Johnny referred to Mayor John Tory and she just isn't literate enough to have put in a comma to make that clear.

Likewise. I don't see her going for a subtle insult when overt seems to be her nature.

You guys may be right, but if the remark in question was intended in the spirit that several of us assumed, I can't say that I find anything especially subtle about "Johnny Wynne."

I'm not really a fan of Wynne's, and as I said back when the funeral/FoFam political rally was in the news, she had no business showing up there to pay her "respects" to a self-serving, irresponsible political bomb thrower who had nothing but contempt for her. What respects? It was pure opportunism, IMO, of the same sort that had supposedly intelligent people at City Hall (Karen Stintz, for one) stupidly thinking they could peel off some of Rofo's fanbase by going easy on him during the worst of his excesses. Any reasonably intelligent child could have observed the situation and told them otherwise.

In the funeral's aftermath, we've had the creep who shits out the IHTWORF page refer to Wynne and her partner as "freaks," good old SAL snarling about "left wing extremists" attending the funeral - this in regards to Wynne, who's solidly in the neoliberal/tepid corporate centrist crowd, by the by - and this charming slur from dear Renata. I doubt any of this is even on Wynne's radar, but my point is that she has no business sucking up to these kinds of fringe elements when it's her supposed middle-of-the-road 'respectability' that's largely responsible for her being in office to begin with.

Under the same umbrella, oddly enough, is young Mikey, and I gotta agree that he's too normal (and basically too decent) for his dirtbag uncle's mouth frothing fans. If the Famiglia really does intend to have him run for Ward 2, I don't know that it's a given that he'd automatically win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back