News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just moving things to the side for a moment... What ever happened to Dougie's basketball team?

This Douggrandizement was busted during the 2014 municipal election campaign. Here's what we reported as part of Domise's campaign material:

"After Doug mentioned his basketball team again, during a mayoral candidates’ debate on September 23, Andray got in touch with the Coop program director. She explained that there was no basketball team: the program had consisted of pick-up basketball, one day a week, and lasted about three months. Although Doug showed up in October 2012 with his executive assistant/volunteer coach, he didn't do much more than hand out jerseys and pizza and get a nice photo op showing how he's down with the youth. No team or league was formed and no games were played."

You know, it's really none of our business. Rob is dead, and Renata has not (yet) put her name on any ballot.

I'm sure some people here are disappointed that she didn't do an about-face and bring out some dirty Ford laundry. She is ultimately responsible for what she posts on Facebook and one could argue it's her own fault for not having more private settings (maybe she's clueless that such a thing exists, let alone how to do it). But I don't think we should be bringing her posts here on a regular basis and dissecting her psyche.

Unless she's posting selfies of herself with Sandro Lisi or the Bassos, or does something else related to Rob's scandals/shady contacts, there's no reason to keep bringing that stuff here.

I'm mostly a lurker here, but I enjoy reading all of the posts. Although I find that whenever I see a post from you, Kat_YYZ, it tends to be of the finger wagging, tsk-tsking everyone else's behaviour, to which I think, choose your battles. There have been some posts that genuinely could be called out for their content, but I find you tend to tsk tsk anything and everything. So I suppose this is me coming out of hiding to tsk tsk you for tsk tsking everyone else lol

As for Renata's Facebook posts, I say they're fair game. I don't care if you're competent with privacy settings or not, if you post something, ANYTHING, on the internet, you've publicly put it out there. If you don't want it seen by others, don't post it at all. It's social media, not private media, and so when it gets passed around and discussed, it's your own fault.

I'm mostly a lurker here, but I enjoy reading all of the posts. Although I find that whenever I see a post from you, Kat_YYZ, it tends to be of the finger wagging, tsk-tsking everyone else's behaviour, to which I think, choose your battles. There have been some posts that genuinely could be called out for their content, but I find you tend to tsk tsk anything and everything. So I suppose this is me coming out of hiding to tsk tsk you for tsk tsking everyone else lol

As for Renata's Facebook posts, I say they're fair game. I don't care if you're competent with privacy settings or not, if you post something, ANYTHING, on the internet, you've publicly put it out there. If you don't want it seen by others, don't post it at all. It's social media, not private media, and so when it gets passed around and discussed, it's your own fault.

I like Kat's posts.

I don't remember The Sun being this hard on Dougie for wanting to turf autistic children. I not saying the present situation is good at all but if The Sun continues like this then they will start look like they are choosing sides. :eek:

Liberals the monsters when it comes to autistic kids
Over the years, I’ve seen politicians of all stripes break all kinds of election promises.

But there’s one pledge successive Liberal governments have not just broken — they’ve shattered it, ground it under heel and utterly destroyed it.

What makes that all the more offensive is that it’s a pledge made to some of the most vulnerable in society — autistic children.
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/14/liberals-the-monsters-when-it-comes-to-autistic-kids

Doug was opposed to the management of group homes in his ward.

Doug has always fully supported the front-line autistic children. 100%.

From HuffPo, just in case we ever need reminding what a classless POS represented Ward 2 in the name of Free Fordness:

"Toronto Councillor Doug Ford has accused the father of an autistic child of being part of a "jihad" against him and his brother.

On Thursday, city employee Tommy Lenathen filed a complaint with Toronto's integrity commissioner over controversial comments Doug Ford made in May about the Griffin Centre, a residential group home for disabled youth in his ward.

At a community meeting, Doug Ford said the facility "ruined" the neighbourhood. "My heart goes out to kids with autism. But no one told me they’d be leaving the house," he said.

Lenathen wants Doug Ford to resign his seat, apologize publicly to the Griffin Centre and take sensitivity training, The Toronto Sun reports.

Doug Ford's response to the dad? "He can go to hell." "

Grief affects everyone differently, but I can assure you I have never ever seen a bereft widow posting funeral photographs of herself on social media. It is borderline psychotic.

Now imagine, if you will, if it was an open casket. (And I wouldn't be surprised if that was Renata's vetoed request.)

I like Kat's posts.

rolls.gif
Cooper, you're adorable.
hug.gif

Well now, Mr. Lurker, if you were around more you'd know that I have done a lot more than finger-wag in this thread over the last 2.5 years. I've spent hours analyzing the ITO document, going through Google search results and pics, putting together timelines, photo comparisons, crazy theories, etc. I've been called a stalker for driving by Rob Ford's house (and campaign office, and mother's house, and a bunch of other places), FFS.

All of which is to say: I'm not perfect (maybe you are :p).

However, I'm not trying to "order" anyone to do (or not do) anything; I'm just stating my opinion. And the fact is, there's a lot of judgment in this thread; a lot of talk of what Rob Ford does or does not deserve (in terms of scrutiny, right to privacy, punishment etc) due to his being a public figure and elected official. Over the years many people argued over whether it was fair to include his wife/kids/mother/brother/drug dealer in our activities and comments and judgments here in this thread.

So now, I'm just asking people to ask themselves: are we still "in the right"? Do we still have the moral high ground? Or are we descending into tabloidy, petty gossip, and bashing the closest-available Ford just for the sake of it? This is a forum and there should be discussion and debate and questioning, not just a circle-jerk. If other posters read my post and stop to examine themselves -- and decide that they are cool with what they are posting -- then that's their prerogative, but I don't see any harm in asking the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back