News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt there's a conspiracy - they knew one was going to run so it's an easy piece to prep.
Two or more people doing something is a conspiracy, now the theory flavour...

How much does this remind you of FordFest?

On a similar note, check out this altercation between Ted Cruz and Trump supporters. Much like Ford Nation, these people are as dumb and stubborn as a pile of bricks.

Has anyone been acclaimed in a by-election before? I know it has been a while since any councillor has no opponents.

You know, elections/by-elections aren't exactly cheap. How much is this going to end up costing us just because this clan of narcissistic sociopaths insisted on running a man last time that they knew was deathly ill, and likely wouldn't even end up finishing the full term, let alone be able to do his job properly? More of the Fords' fabled "respect for the taxpayers," eh? Has anyone in the media bothered to point this out?

Mikey may be a decent enough young guy - compared to the rest of his loathsome family, I'm sure he is - but it doesn't speak well of him that he's going along with this garbage. He's just a kid, and to put it politely, there's nothing about him that suggests he's anything special. If he'd actually continued working as a TDSB trustee for a while, and then decided to try his hand at public office, say, 10 years down the line, I think he'd be considerably more justified. But this? It just stinks of his family's typical epic hubris and casual presumption. He has no business running for public office with nothing to recommend him but his (rather cynically adopted) name.

You know, elections/by-elections aren't exactly cheap. How much is this going to end up costing us just because this clan of narcissistic sociopaths insisted on running a man last time that they knew was deathly ill, and likely wouldn't even end up finishing the full term, let alone be able to do his job properly? More of the Fords' fabled "respect for the taxpayers," eh? Has anyone in the media bothered to point this out?.

According to this document from City Staff, the cost of the by-election will be $175K, plus another $50K in rebates to whomever gives donations to the candidates.

Then there's the additional cost to refill the seat that Mikey is vacating, which means yet another election, but in this case one that covers two wards . . . surely not another $350K!

Add an audit of campaign irregularities to that, and we're talking at least one subway stop.

$20 says Mikey has more or less been bullied into all of this. Even if he wins the byelection (which I imagine he will), I don't think he's all of a sudden going to turn into the Second Coming Of Rob. I mean, Doug might force him into voting against everything just like Rob, but do you think he has it in him to be as big a grandstanding, obstructionist jerk? That's who Rob *was*...with Mikey it seems like it would be an act, and if he can even pull it off it will seem forced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back