News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also seen a lot of comments about it being in poor taste to show the video, as if the media is made up of one outlet that can decide whether or not to show. Of course everyone is going to show it and they shouldn't worry about whether it's in good or bad taste, it's news and that's that. Besides, how many time did Rob say he wanted the video shown?

As for that disgusting excuse for a family, Doug is quite possibly the worst sibling around. The denials about Rob having alcohol/drug issues after being around him as much as he was, both at work and off, made things so much worse. He had to have seen the video at Taste of the Danforth and had to have known he was blitzed, and that he drove. He hired David Price to baby sit Rob. And after seeing that video yesterday he had the nerve to say Rob was the best mayor ever? Please. That video, to me, summed up Rob's mayoralty.

Failed effort to take down Ford cost taxpayers a bundle

So who is going to investigate how all this happened?

Is Toronto Police going to put top detectives on how millions of taxpayer dollars were spent thanks to their former chief directing an investigation against his own mayor?

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/08/11/failed-effort-to-take-down-ford-cost-taxpayers-a-bundle

Pursuit a waste of police resources

What a waste of Toronto’s time, money and resources.

After years of a dog and pony show designed to politically take down a mayor, the man they used as a pawn to do it has had his charges stayed.

Sandro Lisi’s legal battle is over as the extortion charges against him stemming from a desire to retrieve then mayor Rob Ford’s cellphone were dropped.
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/08/11/pursuit-a-waste-of-police-resources

Reality cheque Joe, the public knowledge of all the investigations and “events” were instrumental in denying Robbie the mayorship, before the election with the stripping of council given power, and then the actual election.

Even if Robbie was convicted and sentenced it would be immaterial, he’s dead, and would still be dead if in jail. So in a way, Robbie cost taxpayers more money and no joy either way.

I don’t know Joe, I don’t think being mayor should not give you the privilege to ignore laws, laws that are also applied to the regular Folks, and even thugs.

In the end Joe there was achievement, not the least was that no one is above the law and that public opinion brings ironic justice to populists.

They had to release the video. So many, especially from Ford Nation, said that there was no video and it did not exist. It exists, so they released the proof for you to view.

Ouch! Though I wouldn't let him off that easily re: internal hell - he certainly traumatized the psyche of the city, not to mention damaged out international reputation (and that's not to mention important city business that wasn't done properly during his tenure; his misuse of city resources for personal benefit, etc)

AoD

Please. "Traumatized the psyche of the city". You must be some kind of China Doll. Get over it. As for our "international reputation" I don't any such thing happened. Most places in this world have never heard of this city. To paraphrase Oscar Wilde "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

I felt sorry for the man.

Please. "Traumatized the psyche of the city". You must be some kind of China Doll. Get over it. As for our "international reputation" I don't any such thing happened. Most places in this world have never heard of this city. To paraphrase Oscar Wilde "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

Please what? I got over it already - I am not the one whose family kept on wanting the prize of being a politician, or on that matter felt the need to watch the video (I didn't - I don't really care what is already an established truth to require seeing to make it "real", much less being voyeuristic about his drug use) As to being talked about and mentioned is always a good thing - tell it to I don't know, Caracas perhaps? Let's not pretend having a crack smoking man-child as mayor is ever a good thing and die on that hill, shall we?

If he was a man, he would have the balls to pick himself up, conduct himself properly, apologize and resign over his behaviour. Born in privilege, behaved like an overgrown child, hiding behind the "I have a disease" BS and feel sorry for that China Doll? Sorry the list of those to feel sorry for is rather long. Sad, yes - because he is a human being afterall, and there is some inherit worth in that - but sorry for the circumstances that is his act? Not quite there.

AoD

Last edited:

I travel often and when Ford was mayor, as soon as I said I was from Toronto, people wanted to talk about Ford, and not in a good way. He was international news.

I travel often and when Ford was mayor, as soon as I said I was from Toronto, people wanted to talk about Ford, and not in a good way. He was international news.

It takes a special perversion to suggest that somehow Rob Ford is doing us a favour internationally by being a Donald Trump light.

AoD

Of course, it's at junctures like this when you expect droyces to pop back onto UT.

Col. Flagg, his Follies and D’Nation running around on their “karma” rants, trying to project their own insecurities on others is to me satisfying, and they are right, karma is a bitch. Robbie literally put himself in the grave from his constant denials, and then using them to elicit sympathy/empathy for political reasons, there is the irony. His family did not help in the least, these adults, can all be proud of themselves for being a big part of his demise, both politically and physically.

Abusing Toronto resources, proving “privilege” and classism run rampant in broken societies is a no brainer since Robbie for one was broken himself, by his own family. The abused often strikeout at those around them due to the pains they have, and some become the abusers themselves. For one, Robbie’s passive aggressive bullying, even more in retrospect was a sign of a continual need for control, and at the same time adulation of followers to deal with his emptiness, his need to be liked and only on his terms.

The video being public is bothering his followers the most because the circus and “legacy of hope” of Robbie is truly over, the final illusion has been dashed. Now it is time for the apropos withdrawals. :)

And I agree--the most interesting thing about the crack tape's release is the reaction from Flagg et al. Then again, this is the kind of forum where Graeme McEachern's death has arguably been a more "interesting" discussion point than Rob Ford's death--and may be presently worthy of examination amidst the "karma" rants. Half a year later, where's the karma? Graeme remains a forgotten footnote who met a seedy and pathetic end, and whose means of "commemoration" (most of all, that freaking obit in the *Toronto Sun*) furthers the seedy pathos. Karma hit *him*; it didn't bounce back on his "enemies/haters". And the ghost of Graeme's fate is now looming over Flagg's cheering squad.

To me, Flagg Nation's like a restaurateur who gets busted for putting sawdust in the hamburger meat, and then rants about how he had no choice because of overregulation and high overhead bla bla and how this is a setup by "haters" with "an agenda" who should "find somebody else to assassinate" ad infinitum. Sorry, kiddo. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200, you know the well-earned routine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back