News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite the opposite: it's escalating. The police are involved, more details are revealing Ford's knowledge of the video and his conspiracy to have it eliminated. The Anthony Smith connection and the shooting at 350 Dixon Road where the video was located are all promising a serious criminal case and a story worthy of a Hollywood script. I agree that I'm getting sick of this story being in the news every day though. I need closure from all of this. Soon it seems...

I was just enjoying a beautiful night on the balcony, reading tweets, and had the same thought - where the hell are the police or the RCMP on this. I'm mad as hell.

I was just enjoying a beautiful night on the balcony, reading tweets, and had the same thought - where the hell are the police or the RCMP on this. I'm mad as hell.

I think that's the point, in the mayor's office they are apparently trying to get rid of any "smoking guns".

As for me, I'm amazed at council's impotence on this. Oh, and fed up with the ugly Ford mugs in the press every day.

I'm amazed at council's impotence on this.
Ford still presumably has allies on council, and given his history of vindictiveness, they likely wouldn't openly oppose him unless it was clear he was going down. And in any case, there is very little that council can do legally. The lack of legal tools for this kind of event is a rather absurd situation (and one that hopefully the province will rectify after Ford is gone -- I can't see them doing anything in the moment).

But yes, where the heck are the police in all this?

What allies do you think he has? Most have jumped ship in the past 10 months. The only sure bets are brother Ford, Nunziata and maybe Holyday, but he's clearly wavering.

Give them time. Right now there isn't a 'smoking gun' to make it an easy case. Hopefully they're gathering all the evidence they can and will arrest him when they/the crown are confident of a conviction. The last thing I'd want to see is they arrest him early, but the case falls apart.

These is no way Ford runs next election - and if he does, he will not be a contender at the end. Besides, he still has to survive another 18 months of this scrutiny. Three of the best/most experienced people in his office are gone as well. It's down to a question of when, not if, for Ford going down.....

My guess is, this story will limp along for a while, then BAM. There'll be a raid of city hall to seize documents, or Ford walked out in cuffs, or the video will appear......

CBC radio just announced that police have said they have an update on the murder of Anthony Smith and will provide more info later this morning.

CBC radio just announced that police have said they have an update on the murder of Anthony Smith and will provide more info later this morning.

It's about this - a new arrest has been made and it's connected to the video.

The dude was in Fort McMurray, of all places. Must have been a tip or two that led them to find him there... he's being brought back to Toronto today.

I don't know about you all, but I'm skeptical that the shooting on the 17th floor was "accidental"... nothing to go on, obviously, but I also know that the neighbours aren't going to rat on the drug dealers that live two doors over. If Ford really said what he said, it certainly raises new questions.

I'm wondering if the cell phone sent a signal from Fort Mc. and that made it easy for the cops to locate the guy. This is getting interesting, huh?

I'm also wondering if twelve jurists will see a captivating little movie-show.

Ramako:

Yup, but that's a rather broad statement - confirmation of details like geographical location (why nowhere else but Alberta?) in the initial story just help to lend credence.

AoD

This whole thing's turning into a combination of Twin Peaks and The Sopranos. I'd say right now we're staggering a bit through the second act, waiting for the big reveal/turning point to get us into Act 3. I really have no idea how the hell this is going to turn out, but the pay-off better be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back