News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly, highly doubt either Fords are stupid enough to dip their fingers into this mess directly, though who knows.
Doug might be smarter, but I don't think that's true of Rob. We're talking about the guy who blurted out that he knew the unit the video was in, in a meeting full of his support staff. If he wasn't stupid, he'd have known that they'd have no choice but tell the police, given the murder investigation that was ongoing.

Metroman, you seem to have a few ins, do you have answers to any of these? Any other news today that might be brought to the front?

- Are reporters starting to suspect that Rob has paid off the videographers?
- Supposed to be more resignations today - is this true?
- How close is the video from being brought forward?

Doug might be smarter, but I don't think that's true of Rob. We're talking about the guy who blurted out that he knew the unit the video was in, in a meeting full of his support staff. If he wasn't stupid, he'd have known that they'd have no choice but tell the police, given the murder investigation that was ongoing.

where did you get this from?
did i miss reading that some where?

That was bizarre. Again, I get the impression that the Fords still don't understand the difference between a political operative and a minion. Political operatives, unlike minions, cannot be expected to participate in criminal conspiracies, as a criminal record will tend to diminish future employment prospects that will be required in the unlikely event that your doofus of a principal goes off the rails.

This morning's news. Ford blurted out the exact street address and two unit numbers that "his contacts" had indicated were the location of the video.

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford told senior aides not to worry about a video appearing to show him smoking crack cocaine because he knew where it was, sources told the Star.

Ford then blurted out the address of two 17th-floor units — 1701 and 1703 — at a Dixon Rd. apartment complex, to the shock of staffers at a city hall meeting almost two weeks ago, the sources said.

The mayor cited “our contacts” as the source of his information, according to insiders familiar with the unusual May 17 session in his office.

Staffers were alarmed by the implication of hearing so precise a location, sources said.

That's where having a business can come in very handy. Payment for services rendered, occasional labour, supplies purchased.

A great example is the Quebec inquiry into corruption in the construction industry. One politician was said to have a safe stuffed with so much cash that his staff couldn't close it. There was no paper trail, it was just cash that was walked in the front door and put in the safe.

In the meantime, from Twitter:

John Michael McGrath ‏@jm_mcgrath
So, the PCPO house leader was trotted out today to say that Doug Ford isn't yet the nominee for Etobicoke North, he's never met him.

(PCPO = Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario)
____

And so the distancing begins.

AoD

:) It's getting hard to keep up! Took me about 15 minutes just to read the latest stories in the Globe and Star, before I even ventured to the computer to see if Rob Ford was still mayor ...

There are days I'm in the subway tunnels for 30 minutes or so, and by the time I come out, I feel I'm completely out-of-touch ...

In the meantime, from Twitter:

John Michael McGrath ‏@jm_mcgrath
So, the PCPO house leader was trotted out today to say that Doug Ford isn't yet the nominee for Etobicoke North, he's never met him.

(PCPO = Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario)
____

And so the distancing begins.

AoD
LOL. The PC Party Spokesman speaking here - http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10551113 is the same one 6 weeks ago that said “We are thrilled that he is considering. We think Doug Ford has done a great job at City Hall fighting waste and spending and we’d certainly welcome him seeking a nomination with us.” - http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...-ontario-tories-as-provincial-election-looms/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back