News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford really limited his options by lying and saying that there is no video. It's becoming clear that the police are investigating the video and its associated with a murder and perhaps other shootings. They probably already have the cellphone now too. When it becomes clear that he's lying (it already is but to the point where he has to admit it) then I suspect there's going to be a turnaround in the final segment of public opinion that's waiting for "evidence".

This is all clearly adding up. The man arrested is of Somalian descent and fled to Ford MacMurray (out west). If the police search his bank records and find a $200,000 deposit in there and link it to Ford, the game's over. As for the video, it's essential to the murder case as it appears to be the motive. It will certainly be reviewed in court.

I'd expect a cash transaction would have happened, but given that the Fords don't seem very bright, they could well have left a paper trail.

No doubt it is all totally unconnected with current events but apparently the City Clerk yesterday reminded all Councillors about the laws regarding retaining e-mails and other official records.

I'd expect a cash transaction would have happened, but given that the Fords don't seem very bright, they could well have left a paper trail.

Wondered about that myself (cash deal) there'd still be a large and obvious withdrawal from Ford's account. What if they have $$$ stashed in their mattresses? Could lead to tax evasion or money laundering too.

There's a lot of laws around large cash deals now (anything over 10K on transfers or withdrawals, even deposits) due to anti money laundering laws and anti terrorism laws. Lots of flags would go up on 200K.

Rob Ford seems dim enough to do a wire transfer - or write the guy a cheque! Doug Ford is conniving enough to know better - plus he apparently has experience in large cash deals from his high school days......

It's really hard to move 200 grand and not leave a paper trail, unless of course all your money is wrapped up in drug related cash!

This is all clearly adding up. The man arrested is of Somalian descent and fled to Ford MacMurray (out west). If the police search his bank records and find a $200,000 deposit in there and link it to Ford, the game's over. As for the video, it's essential to the murder case as it appears to be the motive. It will certainly be reviewed in court.

I dunno man, with Doug's history I think they would know better than to wire funds in a traceable way. I wouldn't have that many doubts that they have amassed a pile of cash over the years and know very well how to keep/distribute that cash. IE, they could make a paper-free transaction and get away with it, I think.

The bigger question is, will those arrested in connection with all of these events actually speak the truth when they are questioned... or was the financial compensation enough to have them stay quiet even under interrogation/oath, if that's what actually happened here. But those are pretty big hypothetical questions.

This whole thing's turning into a combination of Twin Peaks and The Sopranos. I'd say right now we're staggering a bit through the second act, waiting for the big reveal/turning point to get us into Act 3. I really have no idea how the hell this is going to turn out, but the pay-off better be worth it.

Rob Ford. Robert Ford. Robert. Bob. BOBohmygodi'mscared.

Personally I would look closely at David Price myself - given the timing of his hiring and the supposedly timeline of the video. I highly, highly doubt either Fords are stupid enough to dip their fingers into this mess directly, though who knows.

AoD

I'm so glad to have found this place

I've been obsessed with this thing for two weeks. Glad to see there are others. I'm in PR and have been absolutely dumbfounded by how all of this has been handled and that he has somehow, remained in his job. Participating in meetings about how to retrieve crack videos has got to be the shittiest waste of time I can think of for a public officer. Whether it's him on the tape or crack in the pipe or neither (I'm fairly certain it's both), enough is enough. I live in Hong Kong by the way and have been saddened to see my city represented this way...this stuff is being talked about on CNN and other international outlets. It's been in the local papers. At the same time, it's been a highly entertaining story and interestingly, making me somewhat homesick. Anyway, that's my rant.

Ford probably gave him stacks of cash wrapped in paper bands with Printed by DECO Labels & Tags in small font.

Here's the question though, assuming there are multiple copies of this video around (which might be a hopeful assumption at this point)..now that it's fairly clear that this is one way or another tied to at least one murder, does Gawker touch this if it somehow comes back to them? My guess is yes...

That's where having a business can come in very handy. Payment for services rendered, occasional labour, supplies purchased.

I'll assume the man arrested is our guy. If Doolittle is wrong and there is only one copy (which I find hard to believe, if it's been around for 6 months), then our hopes of ever seeing the video are dashed. This is all kinds of crazy. Someone will definitely base a movie/mini series on this. Stranger than fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back