News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys and girls, this is another one of the week-old lurkers. I signed up basically to ask something that I didn't think it was asked today: what was the big news release from the Police? Did it happen? Was it the G20 thing? That has absolutely zero to do with the Rob Ford case.

In regards to "robfordcracklord" above, well, I wish I could be that optimistic. For now I'm expecting this to die down and this guy to survive the weirdest political scandal I've seen in my life.

Did anyone substantiate the rumours of there being another big story in the Star tomorrow? Or was this just based on Twitter chatter and the supposed "lockdown" earlier in the day?

I'd be curious to see this well documented substance abuse.

Well, crack video, pot bust small indicators, but being removed from events he's hosting as a mayor? You should wake up early for the star, just read it right at the stand so you save $

Probably 1,000

Guaranteed more, wish we could bet. You giving odds? Metro man as escrow.

He'll never leave office voluntarily.

When I said bombshell would "kill him", I'm saying he will be indefensible. Keep up, my only education is the school of hard knocks. You didn't think I meant the bombshell would cause infarction did you?

MetroMan - anything interesting from City Hall today?

In other news, David Rider's 5pm tweet: "Strong persistent rumours of one or more resignations from @tomayorford's office in days to come."

PREDICTION TIME:
  • Doug Holyday
  • Earl Provost
  • Other

Given he has been MIA, I'm guessing Holyday if it's going to be anyone. The Fords are pissed that he went in front of the media to say he believes there is a video, and the brothers are probably going to make his job/life impossible if they haven't already. Then again, maybe he is just too busy to speak because he's doing the Mayor's job for him.

I'm quite confident that Drug Ford got to Holyday and he's been muzzled after his "I believe a tape exists, we just need to see what's on it..." comments earlier in the week.

About 200 pages back (late last week!) someone mentioned a browser where you just clear the cache to reset article quotas for the Globe, National Post etc. Can someone confirm what browser that could be? I'm on Firefox and clearing cache won't get me into those papers, and I've exceeded my quota by clicking on links here! [thanks!]

In regards to "robfordcracklord" above, well, I wish I could be that optimistic. For now I'm expecting this to die down and this guy to survive the weirdest political scandal I've seen in my life.

I personally had no expectations that Ford would ever resign, or be forced from office by city hall. What matters in this video (if released) is the damage it does to his powerbase added to the self-inflicted damage done to his office. It's one thing to be caught and arrested for smoking crack cocaine, but it's another to be actually videotaped smoking and making off-hand comments. It'll almost be like seeing the actual event in person.

This is why I hope that the video comes out at some point.

Any browser that has a PRIVATE BROWSER setting. I'm using Safari right now and it works perfectly.

This is how to open paid articles on all the browsers. Copy and paste the link in the new tab.

Safari (Mac OS X): Safari -> Private Browsing
Safari (iOS): Settings app -> Safari -> Private Browsing
Chrome (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux): File -> New Incognito Window
Chrome (Android & iOS): Menu (triple dots) -> New Incognito Tab
Firefox : File -> New Private Window
Internet Explorer: Ctrl+Shift+P || Safety Menu -> InPrivate Browsing.

Re Rob Ford's new hires and the "who'd work for him?" question: whimsically or not, I've been thinking that a perfect resource would be, well, those malvern2-type internet trolls and (planted or not) apologists...they'd salivate at the opportunity...

Any browser that has a PRIVATE BROWSER setting. I'm using Safari right now and it works perfectly.

For Globe Unlimited articles? I've known about the private browsing trick since day one - but Globe Unlimited is only for subscribers with a password, isn't it?

EDIT: I tried like ten times thinking i was nuts before (when I also tried ten times) - did any of you guys actually try opening that specific article I mentioned, and get it to work? Or did you just rattle off the trick without trying? Because I'm getting the Globe Unlimited thing no matter what i do, and I can open all the other articles just fine since i intentionally go to the Globe in InPrivate mode all the time because of the paywall.

Last edited:
Which reminds me why I started this diatribe. What could the star be dropping tomorrow that you folks haven't already sniffed out? Just put it all together in the worst way, and you've got your answer... Hint, cops have video, murder was related, Rob smokes crack.
Now you can sleep in tomorrow.

No offense dude but... you're pretty new here and you've got a pretty odd username. Doesn't give you a whole lot of credibility. I'm not even sure the Star will even have a bombshell tomorrow - but Robyn Doolittle has definitely gone REALLY silent on Twitter. Maybe she's working hard to meet a deadline? :)

I tried doing that trick on both Chrome and Safari, numerous times. No luck.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure nobody read that I said "Globe Unlimited" article and then didn't even bother trying to open it. Unless they have an Unlimited subscription and didn't bother mentioning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back