News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you heard there's going to be a bit of a bombshell cover story in The Star tomorrow?
Something else to look forward to! ;)

Have a feeling that tomorrow's focus will be on the G20 thug/cop getting off scott free.

People have short attention spans. Besides us here, I'm willing to bet that most people are getting tired of this Ford scandal and unless the Star has something concrete (physical evidence, sources with names, etc), people will want to move on to something else.

I'm not saying that there will not be another break in this, but I'm not holding my breathe like I was a couple of days ago.

Seeing as there has been no police press conference, and this latest report from the Star that Smith's murder was not related to the video, I am getting the sinking feeling that the Teflon Mayor may live to see another day...

I think there are different levels of frustration with Ford. First is to be a bit mad at him, second is to not vote for him. Eventually, there is force him to resign and charge him criminally. I think many of Fords former supporters are somewhere in between. I doubt he would get much support in an election, but in a democracy, I would think that most would expect a pretty high level of proof to remove someone from office.

An analogy would be a police force having some strong evidence on a drug dealer, but not enough to convict. They proceed with charges and fabricate a bit of evidence to bolster their case. Both the police force and the drug dealer have a reputation for not telling the truth in the past. Who do you believe?

If an election were held now, I imagine that Ford would get next to no support. Those on the right have traditionally been more demanding of ethical behaviour. There were Airbus alegations against Mulroney and his party was reduced from 203 to 2 seats - 5th party status. There were Adscam rumors against Chretien and his party was reduced from 168 to 135 seats - the lead in a minority government. Look at the scandals now. Fords appears to involve $0 of taxpayers money, the Duffy senate scandal involves hundreds of thousands of dollars and the Liberal gas plant scandal involves hundreds of millions of dollars. Which one of these is recieving the least coverage.

That's revisionist and incorrect. The PC got reduced to 2 seats in 93, and by then Mulroney has already resigned over unpopularity of Charlottetown and GST. Airbus broke in 95.

Those of high ethical standard would have offered to resign - not hanging tooth and nail to power under the overwhelming evidence of wrongdoing. And wrongdoing isn't just a monetary measure either.

AoD

Last edited:
Meanwhile no tape...just the Star and the Ford haters trying to drum up support for a cause Torontonians don’t even care about. Heaven forbid we elect someone who asks what these people do in city hall all day...gimme an election NOW so we can settle this once and for all...The Toronto Star is a joke.

Ok so you don’t care about whether the mayor of your city smokes crack? Because when you strip all the rest of it away that's what we are talking about.

Presumably then you also wouldn’t care if the Prime Minister or Premier smokes crack either.

How about your family doctor? Are you cool with that? How about your boss? Your accountant? Your wife? Your kids coach? All good?

Psychological effects of crack cocaine include:

Euphoria
Uninhibited, impaired judgment, impulsive
Grandiosity
Hyper sexuality
Hyper vigilance
Compulsivity
Mood change, anxiety, irritability, argumentative
Transient panic, terror of impending death, paranoia
Delusions, hallucinations (particularly auditory hallucinations)

Physical effects crack cocaine include:

Restlessness, agitation
Chronic sore throat, hoarseness
Shortness of breath
Bronchitis
Respiratory problems such as congestion of the lungs, wheezing, and spitting up black phlegm
Burning of the lips, tongue, and throat
Slowed digestion
Blood vessel constriction
Increased blood pressure and heart rate
Brain seizures
Dilated pupils
Sweating
Rise in blood sugar levels and body temperature
Heart attack, stroke, death

That's revisionist and incorrect. The PC got reduced to 2 seats in 93, and by then Mulroney has already resigned over unpopularity of Charlottetown and GST. Airbus broke in 95.

Those of high ethical standard would have offered to resign - not hanging tooth and nail to power under the overwhelming evidence of wrongdoing. And wrongdoing isn't just a monetary measure either.

AoD

One of the first hits I found in my search was that a book was released in 1994 about airbus.

http://www.citynews.ca/2007/11/14/brian-mulroney-karlheinz-schreiber-case-chronology/

I am pretty sure there were whispers and chatter even in 1993.

Has anyone considered the possibility that, rather than someone being killed for the video, it may have been offered for sale to fund a killer's escape? If the guy arrested in Ft. McMurray is both the one who was selling it and guilty as charged, it seems like it could be one plausible theory for one piece of the puzzle.

Look at the scandals now. Fords appears to involve $0 of taxpayers money, the Duffy senate scandal involves hundreds of thousands of dollars and the Liberal gas plant scandal involves hundreds of millions of dollars. Which one of these is recieving the least coverage.
The one came out last year, where those involved resigned, everyone apologized, and the opposition has promised they'd also do the same thing.

MetroMan - anything interesting from City Hall today?

In other news, David Rider's 5pm tweet: "Strong persistent rumours of one or more resignations from @tomayorford's office in days to come."

PREDICTION TIME:
  • Doug Holyday
  • Earl Provost
  • Other

Given he has been MIA, I'm guessing Holyday if it's going to be anyone. The Fords are pissed that he went in front of the media to say he believes there is a video, and the brothers are probably going to make his job/life impossible if they haven't already. Then again, maybe he is just too busy to speak because he's doing the Mayor's job for him.

EDIT: Anyone have access to this article, via Globe Unlimited? "Editor's letter: Covering Toronto's Ford brothers tests the limits of journalistic ethics"
"While the published articles have been startling, what we opt not to publish for lack of confirmation is also astounding." I've said this before - the papers are no doubt sitting on a lot of damning stuff, but with only one source reporting it they have their hands tied. Glad to hear it's true...

Last edited:
Ok, that Twitter guy? mauditanglais @larouxb... He's nucking futs!:

Guy's got delusions of grandeur.

crazy guy threatening violence against journalists at the star said:
Was the primary source on about 75% of the major breaking political news in Canada over the past three weeks. You’re welcome CTV! Stop stealing my content Postmedia! Ditto for CBC/Radio-Canada, but I’m giving you guys a pass since you guys are getting royally screwed over by the federal government (pun intended).

Just going through today's posts....I knew nothing had really happened today because only 15 new pages since i chuckled myself to bed last night. I hope CNN tower, sorry mobile, was absent. He is a troll. There are forums where he could blather and be praised so why does her come here? Metro man, great work! I assume your integrity will quickly earn you new sources!

In spite of all the shit rf has done, continues to do: the disdain he has for the media and the star despite acting like a buffoon and providing material, despite well documented substance abuse and conviction, which he lied about, blah blah blah

If I was a constituent, I would have written a letter or an email by now also... I wonder how many from TO followed suit...10s of thousands?

Ford is kaput. He's like a big fat drunk ugly swan, trying to look pretty above water but paddling like hell underneath to stay afloat.

My prediction, star bombshell tomorrow kills him, resignation Monday, rehab by Thursday.

Which reminds me why I started this diatribe. What could the star be dropping tomorrow that you folks haven't already sniffed out? Just put it all together in the worst way, and you've got your answer... Hint, cops have video, murder was related, Rob smokes crack.
Now you can sleep in tomorrow.

Last edited:
despite well documented substance abuse and conviction

I'd be curious to see this well documented substance abuse.

If I was a constituent, I would have written a letter or an email by now also... I wonder how many from TO followed suit...10s of thousands?

Probably 1,000

My prediction, star bombshell tomorrow kills him, resignation Monday, rehab by Thursday.

He'll never leave office voluntarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back