News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there - first post and I've been lurking for a couple of weeks now. I just find it interesting that we are so quick to denounce one 'source' in @lerouxb that is being 'debunked' by another 'source' in MetroMan. I know MetroMan has had a lot of things go exactly as stated but there seems to be just as many things that didn't come out (last Friday's police announcement being the latest). @lerouxb has been around in the sourcing/leaking discussions on the Robocall investigation since Spring '12. He talks a big game but from what I've seen he hasn't actually made many claims that haven't come true. He does like to posture and say 'I will deliver this at this time' but from what I can tell he's not complete bull-cookies....

Just my two cents - which will most likely be discredited by the fact that I have no posts....

Anyways, just thought this was ironic/funny/interesting.
If you've read more than a few posts on his blog, you'll realize his batshit "Come with me, I'm a secret service agent" crazy.

Oh that gun in his picture? An air gun.

Sorry that a few of my stories didn't pan out but things do change and not all sources have the same reliability. The one in Ford's office was 100% though. My police sources on/off. I can tell you for certain that this guy is being held at YYZ and that he's full of crap (like we needed any confirmation).

As for my credibility, the administration of this forum know me in person, some of the people here have worked with me within my municipal work and can confirm how I became connected to my City Hall and media sources.

Last edited:
...As for my credibility, the administration of this forum know me in person, some of the people here have worked with me within my municipal work and can confirm how I became connected to my City Hall and media sources.

Hey man - I wasn't trying to question your credibility and/or put you on the defensive. I was just pointing out that for most people like me who have been drawn to this forum due to the current scandal can't really draw on your stature within this forum to inform us on how much salt to take with your info. That and the fact that you are the one pushing back hard on this guy's info is what I wanted to point out. Just seemed funny that everyone is so eager to believe you and hate on this other guy.

He's back!!!

If you've read more than a few posts on his blog, you'll realize his batshit "Come with me, I'm a secret service agent" crazy.

Oh that gun in his picture? An air gun.

Sorry that a few of my stories didn't pan out but things do change and not all sources have the same reliability. The one in Ford's office was 100% though. My police sources on/off. I can tell you for certain that this guy is being held at YYZ and that he's full of crap (like we needed any confirmation).

As for my credibility, the administration of this forum know me in person, some of the people here have worked with me within my municipal work and can confirm how I became connected to my City Hall and media sources.

Tweets

mauditanglais mauditanglais ‏@larouxb 1m

I'm at Hotel Le Germain (Toronto, ON)
Collapse
Retweet
Favorite
1:43 PM - 3 Jun 13 · Details

I was replying to a comment that asserted Ford's base was white and upper-middle class.

Polls indicate it's nothing of the sort. People who describe themselves as white Canadian or from Anglo ancestry tend to hugely disapprove of Ford. He has most support within visible minorities, Eastern Europeans, etc, and those not born in Canada.

What I found most interesting about that last poll is how one of the biggest demographic determinants to see whether someone is likely to support Ford or not is religion. People who claimed 'no religion', a very large chunk of the sample, tended to disapprove of him quite dramatically.

Of course, it only makes sense.

Non-religious voters are almost always to the left of those who claim a religion.

Did they really break it down to people of British ancestry, Eastern Europeans, etc. How did the Jewish community and Italians vote?

I agree Ford that did well among virtually all groups and certainly did better with people who don't have university educations than those that do. And homophobia hurt Smitherman as well. But this narrative about Ford supporters being primarily disaffected Black youth and South Asian women etc. is reactionary and wrong. You also have to also distinguish between the swing vote and the 30% that vote for the most right-wing candidate in every election (disproportionately working class and lower middle class white men).

Tweets

mauditanglais mauditanglais ‏@larouxb 1m

I'm at Hotel Le Germain (Toronto, ON)
Collapse
Retweet
Favorite
1:43 PM - 3 Jun 13 · Details

I was kind of dumbfounded about that. This guy may be crazy but he's not stupid. TPS thinks he has scheduled Tweets or somebody posting for him. I've been asked to keep quiet about this for now. This should be interesting.

Without canvassing actual voters, it's a bit glib to think they didn't vote for smitherman for one reason or another. Some people don't like an ex-drug addict, some people don't like a gay man, some people like a Non-Gravy narrative better than a "let's build the city" narrative regardless of drug use and or sexual orientation. How can you control for those and say "X hurt smitherman" without actually talking to people?

I was kind of dumbfounded about that. This guy may be crazy but he's not stupid. TPS thinks he has scheduled Tweets or somebody posting for him. I've been asked to keep quiet about this for now. This should be interesting.

For what it's worth, he did claim he set up his blog to post automatically (as he described it, the screenshots were "queued up" to be posted while he's in Toronto). So auto twitter posting isn't a leap from that - but everything is inconclusive at this point and I think you should be a bit more upfront about your source and how much they are likely to know about this specific circumstance (IE - give us some measure of disclosure and any relevant caveats), lest you get this one wrong and erode peoples' belief in you ;)

I suppose that when he dosen't release the screenshot he's gonna say that TPS beat him up or something to make him not post it :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, he did claim he set up his blog to post automatically (as he described it, the screenshots were "queued up" to be posted while he's in Toronto). So auto twitter posting isn't a leap from that - but everything is inconclusive at this point and I think you should be a bit more upfront about your source and how much they are likely to know about this specific circumstance (IE - give us some measure of disclosure and any relevant caveats), lest you get this one wrong and erode peoples' belief in you ;)

It's not set up automatically, unless it VERY elaborate. He's responding to tweets.

mauditanglais ‏@larouxb 7m
@mattiojelly Hotel seems to open now. I'm sitting here reading Kevin Donovan's emails.

I suppose that when he dosen't release the screenshot he's gonna say that TPS beat him up or something to make him not post it :rolleyes:

I don't think his tweets are queued. He's replying to tweets directly.

Unless the tweets he's replying to are from an alternate account that's queued too!

cOnSpIrAcY!

I don't think his tweets are queued. He's replying to tweets directly.

Unless the tweets he's replying to are from an alternate account that's queued too!

cOnSpIrAcY!

Hey MetroMan does your TPS "Source" have theories as to how he's tweeting from TPS custody? :p
Or do you actually believe he has someone tweeting for him?
Or are you "not allowed to say"? ;)

So, uh, yeah - I'm guessing he wasn't actually arrested but wouldn't be surprised if he was held up at the border.

From what I understand regarding the queued images... he wasn't wanting to bring anything containing the images or video across the border.
I'm guessing he is also paranoid (maybe rightfully?) about putting them online somewhere.
So the queued post means he can have it go online without actually needing to do anything from Canada.

All of which is moot, of course, if he's really full of shit. But I'm going to wait and see before I make any determinations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back