News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I think it was 24-19 but does anybody know who the 19 were? Matt Elliott could tell us but I bet he is taking the evening off.

Your correct, it was 24-19, I counted my tally incorrect as I was watching it all live.

Were they even there except for the vote?

From the roughly two hours that I saw they were in and out a lot, they = Bob & Doug and Mammoliti.

Berardinetti resigned from the Budget Committee. I'd question her loyalty to Ford & Co. with this except that yesterday, she voted for the Ford TTC slate. I don't think she'll be going over to the Stintz camp any time soon.

Ford's Executive Committee seems to be loyal with the exception of Milcyzn who Ford may or may not be booted from the exec. He might want to keep him close to try to salvage that seat on the TTC.

According to GraphicMatt:

Votes for Milczyn: Del Grande, Nunziata, Kelly, Minnan-Wong, Augimeri, Fords, Mammoliti, Holyday, Crawford, Robinson, Grimes, Milczyn, Crisanti, Palacio, Di Giorgio, Shiner, Berardinetti (not sure who the other one is)

AoD

One standout from that list above. Augimeri?

That stood out to me too. When the clerk read her name for Milczyn, Augimeri turned around and smiled at Stintz. She smiled back. There doesn't seem to be any sinister intentions here. After all, Stintz voted to return Milczyn to the TTC yet he stood against her in the election for chair. Acclamation is not healthy for democracy and I think Stintz understands that.

Karen Stintz’s reputation is proportionally augmented by how much Ms. Levy hates her. You can see the disdain drip from the pages… it’s really great. I think she’s one blow away from writing something misogynistic.

Karen Stintz’s reputation is proportionally augmented by how much Ms. Levy hates her. You can see the disdain drip from the pages… it’s really great. I think she’s one blow away from writing something misogynistic.

I will occasionally read her columns online. I don't know exactly what kind of sick, guilty pleasure I get from it, but it feels the same as when I used to tune into those televangelists years ago for sheer entertainment.

How likely is this process to continue? Are we going to see Ford loyalists pushed out of other City Council committees as well, or is this a one-time event?

Basically, is this a contained reaction to the "Gang of 5" firing of Gary Webster, or is this an early move in a more general campaign against the Ford forces in City Hall, as part of a broad move to wrest control over all aspects of policy from Ford?

Last edited:
is this a contained reaction to the "Gang of 5" firing of Gary Webster, or is this an early move in a more general campaign against the Ford forces in City Hall, as part of a broad move to wrest control over all aspects of policy from Ford?

I think it largely depends on Ford, and whether he is willing to work with council and actually compromise at times, or if he is going to continue with his bullheaded clumsy ways. I don't see this as an intended general coup, but if Ford acts on other issues like he's acted on transit, it may be that going forward he simply loses each one.

That stood out to me too. When the clerk read her name for Milczyn, Augimeri turned around and smiled at Stintz. She smiled back. There doesn't seem to be any sinister intentions here. After all, Stintz voted to return Milczyn to the TTC yet he stood against her in the election for chair. Acclamation is not healthy for democracy and I think Stintz understands that.

And besides, Stintz and Milczyn aren't really too different in kind. The vote for Milczyn had more to do with the symbolism of his being "not Stintz"...

I will occasionally read her columns online. I don't know exactly what kind of sick, guilty pleasure I get from it, but it feels the same as when I used to tune into those televangelists years ago for sheer entertainment.

Read her twitter. The amount of mental gymnastics this woman does on a daily basis to hold these opinions must be incredible.

Read her twitter. The amount of mental gymnastics this woman does on a daily basis to hold these opinions must be incredible.

no offense to CAMH and it's clients, but mental is right for SAL.

What surprised me is that SAL is a lesbian. Not to generalize, but I wouldn't have thought a lesbian would be so dogmatic, ignorant, closed minded and stupid. These just aren't the traits one expects from someone who has to deal with personal challenges that aren't the norm.

^Agreed, but it is just as dangerous to think of members of historically persecuted groups as "inherently good" as it is to think of them as "inherently bad".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back