News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence the reason to not continue emulating those places. Conservatives need to rally around a smart conservative who knows know to bring people together, not a populist like Ford.

How about a fine conservative like, Sylvio "bunga bunga" Burlesconi? People really vote - and RE VOTE!!! - some messed up people.

Right now I don't say many smart people of any political persuasion stepping up to run for mayor next election. But the right of centre surely can find someone better.

But of course, here's the rub: given the ill-at-easeness we've witnessed in him in the past, can *Rob Ford* handle being a tourist attraction? Y'know, camera-snapping tourists saying "Hey, there's the crackhead Mayor!"; maybe even pilgrimaging to Edenbridge for the whole "Hogtown Babylon" experience.

Being "good for the tourist industry" could well be backhandedly disastrous for *him*--y'know, causing him to snap, go into breakdown mode, etc...

I think that all of the attention would make him feel like a Rock Star!

. Why can't my City Councillor have her own radio talk show each week? Doug gets one.

The only thing stopping Wong-Tam from having her own radio show is the fact that almost no one is interested in listening to her and learning about her obnoxious causes such as "Queers Against Israeli Apartheid" (that she bankrolled!).

I just read the Macleans piece. It's the first time ever that I've understood how people like Rob Ford and felt some compassion for this man... but then I remember how self serving he is to lie and do anything and everything (including ruin other people's lives) to keep his job while Toronto crumbles around him.

front page of The Star tomorrow: Mayor said he knew location of video: sources
online at 6am, so don't wait up :)

51fipn.jpg

Attachments

• 51fipn.jpg
    51fipn.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
How strange. It would appear that right after giving his "there is no video" press conference, he returned home and went for a walk in the bush (in his suit!), whereupon he encountered a group of young potheads.

I suppose the Iron Bridge is a place of refuge for him, the site of many a youthful misadventure.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of this. I just want closure on the gravy trainwreck - the never-ending Ford mini-scandals and total lack of leadership - one way or the other - are frustrating and exhausting.

Yup, as I said earlier, Ford's popularity is like a cockroach- all these little 'reveals' do nothing to dent his appeal, a big smack is what's needed to kill it for good. The Star needs something more substantial, or else this story's appeal is going to die down in the next week or so.

Yup, as I said earlier, Ford's popularity is like a cockroach- all these little 'reveals' do nothing to dent his appeal, a big smack is what's needed to kill it for good. The Star needs something more substantial, or else this story's appeal is going to die down in the next week or so.

It's quite the opposite: it's escalating. The police are involved, more details are revealing Ford's knowledge of the video and his conspiracy to have it eliminated. The Anthony Smith connection and the shooting at 350 Dixon Road where the video was located are all promising a serious criminal case and a story worthy of a Hollywood script. I agree that I'm getting sick of this story being in the news every day though. I need closure from all of this. Soon it seems...

It's quite the opposite: it's escalating. The police are involved, more details are revealing Ford's knowledge of the video and his conspiracy to have it eliminated. The Anthony Smith connection and the shooting at 350 Dixon Road where the video was located are all promising a serious criminal case and a story worthy of a Hollywood script. I agree that I'm getting sick of this story being in the news every day though. I need closure from all of this. Soon it seems...

And how do you know this? Toronto Star? Or are you deep cover for CSIS?

Ranked ballot is not the answer then.

if it's 50%+ you want, it has to be the European style where they eliminate people and the last two have a "run off". Sort of like the French Presidential Elections. That is the fairest way.

Perhaps there's a misunderstanding of how ranked ballots work in instant runoff voting... Candidates with lower vote totals are successively eliminated; the 'runoff' rounds occur right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back