News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure nobody read that I said "Globe Unlimited" article and then didn't even bother trying to open it. Unless they have an Unlimited subscription and didn't bother mentioning it.

I'm pretty sure they were replying to dt_toronto_geek (see below) as opposed to your Globe Unlimited question.

About 200 pages back (late last week!) someone mentioned a browser where you just clear the cache to reset article quotas for the Globe, National Post etc. Can someone confirm what browser that could be? I'm on Firefox and clearing cache won't get me into those papers, and I've exceeded my quota by clicking on links here! [thanks!]

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/05/31/rob-ford-unstoppable-2/

Here's this week's Macleans piece on Rob Ford for those who haven't seen it

Thanks for posting. Wonder if the aide who's speaking to Macleans is Towhey??? That'd be my guess anyway...

Here's a question though about Muhammad Khattak... For the first time, I saw his face in that infamous photo linked to this article: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...lling_was_street_level_stuff_sources_say.html

Previously, his face was covered, although media had been speculating that he was also in the photo. Anyone know how this photo is gradually revealing its subjects? I may have missed something here...

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they were replying to dt_toronto_geek (see below) as opposed to your Globe Unlimited question.

Ah, my bad! :)

Soooo, big lack of bombshells on The Star's site today! Which doesn't surprise me, there was no twittersplosion like there was before the G+M's Doug Ford piece.

I guess it'll be a boring weekend :(

You should wake up early for the star, just read it right at the stand so you save $

When I said bombshell would "kill him", I'm saying he will be indefensible. Keep up, my only education is the school of hard knocks. You didn't think I meant the bombshell would cause infarction did you?

Still waiting. By early did you mean noon?

There's a buzz that Ford has raised all his staff's salaries. So he's no encouraging them to "take better opportunities". It's incredible how this man lies for the smallest things that are so easily disproven.

And it's even more unfortunate that he still is able to project an aura of honesty amonst his devotees.

None taken. My predictions came from a place of finite optimism for this scandal.

I'm new because this is the only interesting thing about Toronto. My alternate user name was GolfingLeaf

There are about 1000 people at Nathan Phillips Square and it seems to be growing. Still, all I hear in the media is that it's "far from the thousands expected". The square's size doesn't help. You'd need 10,000 people to make the square look full. That's the problem with the Facebook invites. They build up expectations that can rarely be met. 1000 people calling for the Mayor to step down is serious.

Last edited:
There are about 1000 people at Nathan Phillips Square and it seems to be growing. Still, all I hear in the media is that it's "far from the thousands expected". The square's size doesn't help. You'd need 10,000 people to make the square look full. That's the problem with the Facebook invites. They build up expectations that can rarely be met. 1000 people calling for the Mayor to step down is serious.

Wow. Just wow. I need go get myself down there.

Are any of us there right now?

"Hoping" accomplishes nothing. I didn't expect to see anywhere near the number of FB responses but the turnout was still disappointing. Lots of chalk messages though, too bad the rain tonight or tomorrow will quickly wash them away.

"Hoping" accomplishes nothing. I didn't expect to see anywhere near the number of FB responses but the turnout was still disappointing. Lots of chalk messages though, too bad the rain tonight or tomorrow will quickly wash them away.
I don't recall ever seeing more than 1,000 people there at once during the Layton vigil.

When was the last time you saw any large amount of people in Toronto protest anything municipal? Has there ever been a large protest in Toronto (over 10,000) to protest anything relating to the city or things going on at city hall? I certainly can't remember any. Torontonians just don't protest anything local unless it has to do with $$$$$. (union business)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back