8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not talking a few days.

They dug a hole up in front of my house 4 months ago. Just a big ol hole in the middle of a busy street (with streetcar) and there she sits. 20 feet deep, empty and untouched in months. The entire block lost a lane of traffic. MONTHS!

Actually I find it interesting how restrained this highly speculative and sometimes offensive forum has been about the fact that many if not most of Ford's associates have Italian last names.

The elephant in the room, but the fact of a potential connection(witting/unwitting) to the mafia is still present.

I'd love to see a marijuana-leaf version of this logo

supertest-logo.jpg

something like this?
0nhw.png

Actually I find it interesting how restrained this highly speculative and sometimes offensive forum has been about the fact that many if not most of Ford's associates have Italian last names.

You don't know the area from the seventies & eighties. The area is one of the areas that alot of Italians, and others moved to from the Kensington Market or Little Italy areas.

The elephant in the room, but the fact of a potential connection(witting/unwitting) to the mafia is still present.

Problems:
1. there are many, many Italians in Toronto, 99.999% of whom are presumably not in the mafia, so you can't jump to conclusions based on surnames
2. the mafia seems like a relic of another time, even if it isn't, so people don't think about it
3. the mafia is supposedly well-established in Toronto but it's virtually invisible, and it's difficult to discuss something whose boundaries and scale are unknown. Out of sight, out of mind.

Problems:
1. there are many, many Italians in Toronto, 99.999% of whom are presumably not in the mafia, so you can't jump to conclusions based on surnames

This.

It is at best horribly lazy to try to connect dots based on ancestry. [sarcasm]Two or more players in the story are from, or have parents, grandparents, whatever, from Italy, Somalia, etc., and we all know that's a tight-knit group, so obviously they're conspiring.[/sarcasm]

All my (known) ancestors are from Britain and Ireland. Those people, along with the French, were in charge of most of the major screwups in Canadian history, [sarcasm]so obviously national ancestry is the main reason why the Fords are so awful. I am having a hard time dealing with the shame on my race.[/sarcasm]

Last edited:
Problems:
2. the mafia seems like a relic of another time, even if it isn't, so people don't think about it
3. the mafia is supposedly well-established in Toronto but it's virtually invisible, and it's difficult to discuss something whose boundaries and scale are unknown. Out of sight, out of mind.

#1 is a non-issue. #2 is a byproduct of #3.

Why is it difficult to discuss? My own quick glance at that donor list has names that I could easily correlate to articles such as...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/09/24/a-new-mafia-crime-families-ruling-toronto-italy-alleges/

http://www.thestar.com/news/2007/06/01/terry_koumoudouros_67_strip_club_owner.html (not an Italian name - I apologize for straying into other nationalities)

http://www.m-f-d.org/pdf/wheres_the_loot.pdf

Face the elephant. It's good for Toronto. :)

Last edited:
Not just crack central but hooker central too. I used to rent an office near there. That's a really, really sketchy area (or at least it was in the mid 2000s -- maybe it's gone up a little?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back