News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what if the sock pocket is a crack smoking, drunk driving, racist, homophobic, halfwit, pathological liar with a goon brother sock pocket? Does Ford get the edge then, or is it a tie?

Ford's neck does not accommodate a tie.

P.S. I laughed out loud at the guy who believed Ford's version of the Dale/backyard confrontation, then claimed he was not a Ford supporter. As if a non-Ford supporter is going to take his word over what Dale, the police, and the cameras say.

I'm just glad we've finally reached the point (better late than never) that being called a Ford supporter is the most damning accusation a person can have made against them. Even Ford supporters recognize that theirs is a love that dare not speak its name. HAHAHAHA.

The press releases from that time list an Allyson Steil, 32, of Windsor as being charged with "Four counts of Conspiracy to Commit Indictable Offence". Here is a model named Allyson Steil, also age 32, but listed as being from Detroit. In this Windsor Star story, you can see the same woman in the third image. The caption reads: "Allyson Steil (L), Deanne Jaichon and Shawna Maingot attended the Emancipation Gala at the St. Clair Centre for the Arts. They are on the executive board of the Windsor Emancipation Celebration Corp.". I don't know when this story was published.

(EDIT) Published sometime after July 24th/09.

Last edited:
Perhaps call it "Rob Ford's God Channel" instead to avoid insulting Presbyterians. After all, Rob Ford's God is different from the one Presbyterians worship and Rob Ford's God blessed the people of Toronto, offending atheists (including myself).

You see, Rob Ford's God made him a Karma Houdini, avoiding punishment for whatever crime he commits. Rob Ford's God is a jerk and looks more like a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Hey, don't be so harsh on the FSM. I wanted to smack Moses Znaimer for that show last night...during the discussion earlier in the show the camera jumped from person to person, zoomed in and out etc., oh, and Denise Donlon - what are you doing with Connie Black? Sad for a number of reasons and RoFo being interviewed by another criminal-in-denial was just icing on the cake.

As a Pastafarian, I should probably find this deeply offensive, but meh.

Hey, don't be so harsh on the FSM. I wanted to smack Moses Znaimer for that show last night...during the discussion earlier in the show the camera jumped from person to person, zoomed in and out etc., oh, and Denise Donlon - what are you doing with Connie Black? Sad for a number of reasons and RoFo being interviewed by another criminal-in-denial was just icing on the cake.
I meant to say that Rob Ford's God looks like a Giant Pad Thai Monster, which happens to look like spaghetti to non-believers.

Perhaps call it "Rob Ford's God Channel" instead to avoid insulting Presbyterians. After all, Rob Ford's God is different from the one Presbyterians worship and Rob Ford's God blessed the people of Toronto, offending atheists (including myself).

You see, Rob Ford's God made him a Karma Houdini, avoiding punishment for whatever crime he commits. Rob Ford's God is a jerk and looks more like a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Reminds me of when Rob was being interviewed and mentioned a few times how he wasn't religious. Odd for him then to say things like "God bless Ford nation."

Oh, wait. The pandering.

Did anyone happen to save a copy of Ford's press conference just now? I see lots of short clips of the "I stand by what I said" quote, but I'd like to find the part about the tax rates and LTT. Mostly because Frank DiGiorgio does "mortified" so well...

The press releases from that time list an Allyson Steil, 32, of Windsor as being charged with "Four counts of Conspiracy to Commit Indictable Offence". Here is a model named Allyson Steil, also age 32, but listed as being from Detroit. In this Windsor Star story, you can see the same woman in the third image. The caption reads: "Allyson Steil (L), Deanne Jaichon and Shawna Maingot attended the Emancipation Gala at the St. Clair Centre for the Arts. They are on the executive board of the Windsor Emancipation Celebration Corp.". I don't know when this story was published.

Emancipation Gala held at the St. Clair Centre for the Arts on July 24, 2009.

http://www.leaderpost.com/Gallery+Emancipation+Gala/1988216/story.html

The most significant thing was him claiming he stands by his words regarding Daniel Dale and when asked 'what was the word?' he responded smugly 'you know what the word is. Watch the interview.'

Whether Dale is gay or straight, who cares. Nothing to see, move on.
What is curious however is why an allegedly (haha) homophobic man (Rob Ford) would have insight into Dale's sexuality, let alone discuss it or possess any degree of "gaydar". I think the implied pedophile comment just flowed out of his mouth like so much other sewage because, well simply because Dale works at the Toronto Star and was at his back fence.
To Ford, 1 + 1 = 3 and if he verbalizes it, it's true.

words of wisdom from him......

Dear Friends,

Here is a summary of my remarks today regarding the Land Transfer Tax and other important matters:

Check Against Delivery

It's no secret, the Land Transfer Tax works against our City's long term economic interests.
The Land Transfer Tax makes Toronto less competitive and makes it more difficult to buy a home in our great city.
This tax unfairly targets seniors and growing families.
Toronto has the highest Land Transfer Tax in Canada.
We are the only City in Ontario that hits homebuyers with a Municipal Land Transfer Tax on top of the Provincial one.
Today, if you are looking to buy a detached home in Toronto, you can expect to pay around $25,000 in Land Transfer Taxes.
That's thousands of dollars new homeowners would otherwise be putting into our economy.
Money, that would we be used for renovations on their home, or buying new furniture.
My office has been inundated with calls and emails from residents who support cutting the Land Transfer Tax.
I campaigned on eliminating the Land Transfer Tax and I am committed to phasing it out.
But, we cannot escape the political reality at City Hall: Unfortunately, most Councillors want to keep this unfair tax– and keep spending the millions it brings in.
Personally, I would rather see those millions being spent by our residents, stimulating our economy and creating jobs.
That is why, the Budget Chief will be bringing forward a motion to reduce the Land Transfer Tax by 5%.
This will make life a little easier for seniors looking to downsize their home and growing families.
This is a small step in the right direction, a step I know we can take this year.
There are those who will say this cannot be done. The reality is, it has only been a few weeks since City Council took my budget and my powers, and councillors are already going back to the old ways.
I am extremely disappointed that the mentality at City Hall hasn’t changed. Tax, tax, tax. Spend, spend, spend.
We have already demonstrated that in every division there are major efficiencies to be found.
In four budgets we have found over 800 million dollars in savings.
Under my leadership, the City of Toronto is doing more with less.
As we are driving efficiencies and savings, we are also investing billions of dollars in Toronto's hard infrastructure.
We are putting money into our roads, bridges, sidewalks and expressways.
I will be working closely with the Budget Chief and the General Manager of the Parks and Recreation to bring the first outdoor ice skating rink to Scarborough in 2014.
We are also hiring 300 police officers in 2014.
I want to thank our frontline officers for the work they do every day to keep our streets safe and free of crime.
Folks, we are doing all of this, while keeping taxes as low as possible.
My administration has shown that we do not need massive tax increases year after year.
I believe that if the political will still existed, we could easily bring in a 1.75% tax increase for Toronto taxpayers in 2014.
We are only 18 million dollars away from this goal.
I find it hard to believe that 44 members of Toronto City Council can't find 18 million dollars in a budget of over 12 billion dollars.
That’s our job; it's what taxpayers elected us to do.

It's no secret, the Land Transfer Tax works against our City's long term economic interests.

If you subscribe to the idea that all taxes are "evil"...sure.

The Land Transfer Tax makes Toronto less competitive and makes it more difficult to buy a home in our great city.

Poor Toronto...hardly any real estate transactions at all. Oh wait....

Today, if you are looking to buy a detached home in Toronto, you can expect to pay around $25,000 in Land Transfer Taxes.
That's thousands of dollars new homeowners would otherwise be putting into our economy.
Money, that would we be used for renovations on their home, or buying new furniture.

Nope....that same $345 million in revenue would simply have to come from standard property tax then.

But since spending is up and services have been cut...isn't that actually doing less with more? Kinda like...the opposite of what you said??????

I campaigned on eliminating the Land Transfer Tax

Well, actually, you campaigned on eliminating the need for the revenue it generates, by eliminating the "gravy" and selling city assets. You've done neither.

words of wisdom from him......

Dear Friends,

Here is a summary of my remarks today regarding the Land Transfer Tax and other important matters:

Check Against Delivery

This tax unfairly targets seniors and growing families.
Toronto has the highest Land Transfer Tax in Canada.
We are the only City in Ontario that hits homebuyers with a Municipal Land Transfer Tax on top of the Provincial one.
My office has been inundated with calls and emails from residents who support cutting the Land Transfer Tax.
I campaigned on eliminating the Land Transfer Tax and I am committed to phasing it out.
But, we cannot escape the political reality at City Hall: Unfortunately, most Councillors want to keep this unfair tax– and keep spending the millions it brings in.
Personally, I would rather see those millions being spent by our residents, stimulating our economy and creating jobs.
That is why, the Budget Chief will be bringing forward a motion to reduce the Land Transfer Tax by 5%.
This will make life a little easier for seniors looking to downsize their home and growing families.
This is a small step in the right direction, a step I know we can take this year.
There are those who will say this cannot be done. The reality is, it has only been a few weeks since City Council took my budget and my powers, and councillors are already going back to the old ways.
I am extremely disappointed that the mentality at City Hall hasn’t changed. Tax, tax, tax. Spend, spend, spend.
We have already demonstrated that in every division there are major efficiencies to be found.
In four budgets we have found over 800 million dollars in savings.
As we are driving efficiencies and savings, we are also investing billions of dollars in Toronto's hard infrastructure.
I will be working closely with the Budget Chief and the General Manager of the Parks and Recreation to bring the first outdoor ice skating rink to Scarborough in 2014.
We are also hiring 300 police officers in 2014.
I want to thank our frontline officers for the work they do every day to keep our streets safe and free of crime.
Folks, we are doing all of this, while keeping taxes as low as possible.
My administration has shown that we do not need massive tax increases year after year.
I believe that if the political will still existed, we could easily bring in a 1.75% tax increase for Toronto taxpayers in 2014.
We are only 18 million dollars away from this goal.
I find it hard to believe that 44 members of Toronto City Council can't find 18 million dollars in a budget of over 12 billion dollars.
That’s our job; it's what taxpayers elected us to do.

Notice he worked in that puke-worthy "folks". Augggh!

And THREE HUNDRED police in 2014? Is that to replace retiring ones or will they all be new ones? Why so many?

Is that true? Can someone point out what that money is being spent on?

Nope. Still waiting for Rob to hit the jailhouse.

So I guess Doug couldn't find it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back