News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Why are there stories of businessmen and lawyers being involved in criminal enterprises, even though they make plenty of money in their legit jobs? Why do trust fund kids end up being drug dealers in college when they don't need the money? The thrill of being badass, of outsmarting the law, of being a somebody in circles where people ride around in big black cars and go to exclusive clubs....

Interesting point, Kat. We'll see what happens, but yeah, I could see Rob fitting that profile. He does love to play the big shot. I still can't imagine him deeply involved in any kind of organization. But pulling off an extracurricular deal or two for kicks? Certainly plausible.

My two cents about the envelopes. I think it was weed and blow. Why would Lisi be delivering kickbacks? Also, Lisi went to the cleaners just before one of the observed exchanges. Sometimes booze too I would think.

I agree. Why on earth would Lisi be in the supply chain for kickbacks? He's a drug dealer & violent misogynist. Women don't generally fit in manila envelopes, so it's probably to do with the other hobby the criminal Lisi shares with his pal the Mayor. Drugs, baby! Illegal drugs! Yeah!

Woo.

I wonder if they'll still be pals if they meet in prison.

Stein admitted today on twitter that the public statements by the TPS about protecting a future court case were unusual in the context of a dead end case. I'm pretty sure the OPP wouldn't take a go nowhere case from the TPS, given the degree of public backlash that would result from Ford getting a walk after all the time and energy invested in Project Brazen 2. The slow pace is more likely the caution investigators have exercised in getting their ducks in a row against a powerful politician, rather than a sign of failure.

Eh, I can just as easily see this move as any number of concerned parties pushing the OPP to come to TPS's rescue because the case isn't coming together and Ford's scorched earth is getting hotter. There are lots of reasons why it would be bad to see TPS discredited and undermined by lack of results on the Ford case, and lots of people who would work to prevent that effect. I'm not calling this a "conspiracy" so much as simply spreading out the pain: if TPS can't nail Ford then OPP is there to shoulder some of the public anger. Maybe there would be some mild finger-pointing between the two forces before the churn of the news cycle made it drift away.

Thought you guys would be interested in some of the feedback/stories people who know Sandro are sharing after yesterday's article.

Sandro Lisi truly does seem to be a waste of skin. One wonders what his parents think...other than "my God, what have we done!"

: if TPS can't nail Ford then OPP is there to shoulder some of the public anger.

I agree. Or, some of the credit. From what I understand, if there is actually an arrest, it will be made by the OPP ( correct me if I am wrong ).

Either way, the police want to be able to say the investigation was "without fear or favour" of the Fords.

Stein provides interesting analysis using his legal background, but doesn't appear to have any inside info. I'm told this transfer is just for optics and is part of the final stage before the end game.

Why the wait? And how long?

think of the irony of Blair stepping in to protect him from the rabid crowd
I won't make any submissions; I'll just let fate fall as it may.

Though I will say this--even going back to 2010, I was offering the prospect of riots in the streets, tar-and-feathering, possible assassination, etc. At the time, I was pooh-poohed on grounds of sensationalism; like, Torontonians and Canadians are too civil, there hasn't been an assassination since Darcy McGee, etc...

At least as far as (still) latent possibilities go, don't say I didn't warn you.

Having read the TStar article on Lisi, I now am convinced he is bat shit crazy. Add to that Jimmy T's anecdotes, and I think Lisi could be a serial killer in the making.
Ford vouched for Lisi as a stand up guy because Ford is batshit crazy too.

I'm wondering if Ford's potential arrest has forced Chow to enter the race sooner than she would have liked. It would certainly look better for her to already be in the race when it happens rather than joining after the fact. Maybe explains why Tory entered when he did.

Also, the TPS talking about future court cases doesn't necessarily refer to Ford only. It could be that the investigation has led them to other people who will be charged.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if Ford's potential arrest has forced Chow to enter the race sooner than she would have liked. It would certainly look better for her to already be in the race when it happens rather than joining after the fact. Maybe explains why Tory entered when he did.

Interesting point. I'm in Ottawa now (lived in TO for a decade, he said defensively), and I was listening to CBC this morning, and they were talking about the Quebec provincial election that's just been called. 33 DAYS. That's the campaign period. That's it. I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY it's 10 months in Toronto, and who in their right mind would want to campaign for that long. It's just not sensible on any level, and I bet the only reason Tory, or Chow, are getting in before summer is the optics of not getting in sooner, and voters' desperate need to see a Ford slayer emerge. It's crazy to me that people are angry with Chow for not wanting to spend 10 whole months in the muck with Rob Ford. But I understand the desperation.

Also, the TPS talking about future court cases doesn't necessarily refer to Ford only. It could be that the investigation has led them to other people who will be charged.

From the Star article:

Chow is fully expected to file her formal nomination papers at city hall during the week of March 17 and will immediately release her complete campaign platform, which is being described as “ambitious, surprising and bold.”

“We could go tonight, we’re that ready,” one senior campaign organizer said for Chow...

If this is true, then it is not true that Ford's potential arrest is prompting her. I'm sure she has been going into this as a way to beat Ford out of office. Remember her and Jack were councillors, and they call this place home, I'm sure there's strong emotions here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back