News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed this from a few days ago, but Sarah Thomson commissioned her own (self serving) Forum poll placing her above David Socknacki. Another strange aspect of the poll is Ford leads with 35% to Chow's 32%. I thought the most recent Forum poll from a week ago had Ford at 28%. Apart from the Thomson poll likely being tainted by her own self-serving questions, is there any other reason to explain this jump for Ford?

http://womenspost.ca/new-poll-places-sarah-thomson-above-soknacki-and-stintz-tory/

OK, now I'm getting nervous. If this poll has any credibility, we all should be concerned. I figured Tory's numbers would drop (they always do, Tory is not a leader) but I didn't think Ford would come in first, at this point.

The commissioner's comments were a lot of doublespeak and bafflegab; he really didn't say anything. That is of course, assuming that Warmington quoted him correctly in the first place.

Yeah it was all avoidance and repetitions, as King Crimson says "I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress".

Well the Garrison Ball will have to deal with Rob again this year as it seems that as of this morning, he is still determined to show up.

I am hoping that an arrest can happen before the campaign launch on April 17.

Could you imagine what a limited edition bobble head would be worth, if it was signed from jail?

http://www.thegridto.com/city/politics/rob-ford’s-campaign-is-m-i-a/

Wed Mar 26, 2014
Politics
Rob Ford’s campaign is M.I.A.…and that’s a good thing.

But increasingly, Ford’s attempts at reelection seem like a Potemkin candidacy—lagging in polls, his efforts amount to him and his brother (both currently on the public payroll) responding to police allegations with rants about a long-discredited billion dollars in savings. Ford has no visible campaign team. He has no platform. Not anything, really, that you would associate with an actual campaign. It’s unclear if he possesses the voter database that powered his 2010 victory. Recently, his campaign website served up pop-up advertisements for sleazy pickup-artist training (a violation of campaign finance rules), apparently as a result of borrowed design templates plugged in during its hasty construction. When Ford showed up for a pre-debate meeting at CityTV, he was accompanied by his publicly paid chief of staff (another campaign no-no). Fittingly, the big draw at his mid-April campaign launch party will be, according to the invitation, the availability of Rob Ford “Bubbleheads.â€

The iconic, wobbly-headed novelty-toy mayor continues to stand around posing for people’s selfies, but the other campaigns appear to have noticed he’s sidelined. Some people on social media have been puzzled by why the frontrunners haven’t attacked Ford more aggressively. But voters know all about the evolving scandal and Ford’s role in it, and the media coverage of the ongoing police investigation ensures no one will forget. As long as the mayor doesn’t surge to an unlikely lead in the polls, other candidates can treat him as a non-factor.

The commissioner's comments were a lot of doublespeak and bafflegab; he really didn't say anything. That is of course, assuming that Warmington quoted him correctly in the first place.
Don Peat wrote the article from listening to Warmington interview the commissioner on the radio. No chance for a Wormtongue mis-quote.

Cops were at his campaign office today but false alarm. Heard any time this week but likely early next week. But my source was shocked by opp commish's comments that it all depends on Lisis phone. Maybe he was underselling their hand?

Well to be fair he also said, "I really make a point of not knowing where investigations are going unless there is something I need to know to help remove a roadblock ... or there is an arrest about to be made or not."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back