News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the old commish's interview with Joe Warmington? First, a red flag whenever Ford's PR man gets a police exclusive.

Second, I wonder if the OPP effectively said they wouldn't move ahead on Brazen 2 unless something turned up on Lisi's phone to support Giroux's theory. Maybe they're still waiting.

So, now that I've read the full article, it really seems like the investigation is dead in the water at this point. OPP is saying that they are not going to press charges without new evidence/facts, and they have control of the case at this point. TPS investigators are righteously pissed, but short of requesting that the OPP hand the case back to Blair (which I'm not sure is even an option?) it doesn't seem like there's much they can do.

Is there any use complaining to the OPP?

Complain about what? Police investigate. Ain't nothing can be done.
And can you imagine the rancor if citizens protest against a police service to press charges, particularly as we're only privy to part of the investigation?

The article discusses the TPS/OPP dispute over the extortion charge but what about the other charges that Ford was supposedly going to face? Are we to assume that there's nothing there? This is a very disappointing day.

To be hopelessly optimistic here, at least from the sounds of it this only pertains to the extortion charge...which all of us generally agreed was the weakest of the potential, alleged misdeeds by RoFo. Also, the lines that the OPP is feeding people here would be the exact same stuff the Fords would counter with, if the charge was made.

Besides, Ford could just dump it all on Lisi and leave it at that. I don't think this particular charge would have made too many waves.

Anyway, just some random thoughts on a difficult morning.

The article discusses the TPS/OPP dispute over the extortion charge but what about the other charges that Ford was supposedly going to face? Are we to assume that there's nothing there? This is a very disappointing day.

Brazen 2 is ongoing, at least. So it's not all shut down.

British celeb cook Nigella Lawson was stopped from entering the US on the weekend because she admitted to using cocaine. Wonder why Ford is allowed in considering his crack usage. Going on TV means you are special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back