8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Well, the Raptors won, so RoFo broke his streak of being a bad luck charm.

Probably because he was seated so far away.

I wonder where he'll end up tonight. The sit-in is over so he could go back to city hall without worry.

You are a west-ender, Annette Street area? :) There were no abbatoirs in my neck of the woods that I can recall; just factories which contaminated the soil for generations to come. It's odd to see expensive condos go up on that contaminated land like all is okay now. Fyi, I love the new-fangled neighbourhood names which have been created to slap lipstick on a sow. Eastern Ave is now Riverdale South. Just west of there... Leslieville. All dumps when I was a kid. Main/Gerrard is now called "Beaches North" but we used to call it CNR South.

I'm more familiar with the Niagara area of Toronto. But, I know the east-end also. It's changed so much. I remember the big factories like Inglis and Massey. And, I think most of the workers actually lived in the area. Most workers used to live close to work, and with the severe traffic congestion we are now facing, it's becoming more common now.

I don't doubt the 2000 figure, but I think perhaps that many people came through and were not all there at the same time. When I arrived around 6:00 there were already people leaving with their Bobbleheads and other trinkets. Many people seemed to spend the whole time in lineups for stuff.

The atmosphere was pretty dead overall. Lots of action around the firetruck as people took photos, etc.... but around the tables it was mostly a snoozefest with bored-looking people. During the speeches and rah rah rah session, things got crowded around the stage, but that crowded area wasn't really all that big. Beyond the "mosh pit" it was again quite dead, with many people still standing around in their lineups or quietly sitting at scattered tables.

Yeah, it's been little said, but worth mulling how many "walkouts" there might have been among whatever "official" attendance figure, "this is dead/boring/sucks, let's get out of here", etc.

By comparison, that likely "wouldn't* have been a factor w/Tory or Chow--or else it would more likely have been a turn-away-at-the-door or "this is too crowded and stuffy, let's get out of here" circumstance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back