8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morris isn't a very Italian name.

1) Family doesn't marry family (these days). Could be the person joining the family is Italian.
2) Maybe it's just a destination wedding. Those happen.

few days earlier and it could've been Kimye's wedding...

so impound-watch has started...

As for the Doug Ford Sr. swimming story, why would there be any record of it? He was a nobody back then -- not a rich man nor a politician. He certainly wasn't a member of any "swimming clubs" -- doubt he could afford that. Why would newspapers report on some poor kid from the east end trying to tag along? Really, I don't think it matters one iota.

Well, it "matters" in that it's yet another example of the Fords' lying, self-mythologizing mountain of bullshit, which they shovel entirely to puff up their own self-image. If they weren't such a contemptible crew, it might be almost comical. But they are, and it isn't.

I know we've come to expect a certain level of dishonesty from even our better class of politicians these days, but even so, it's truly remarkable - and shocking - to watch this particular clan of grifters and low level criminals repeatedly and brazenly, and, hell, wildly lie through their teeth at every opportunity. They've gone above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to shameless and habitual lying, and it's not cute or amusing. It's certainly not something we should just shrug off because "all politicians" do it. Even if that's true - and I think it is to a degree - the Fords have still managed to outpace all the competition, which is truly remarkable when you think about it. There's simply no contest. Slob and Thug (and the gang they have surrounding them) have relentlessly told lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie. Yes, that matters, even the comparitively harmless lies. It's all one of a piece.

Morris isn't a very Italian name.

1) Family doesn't marry family (these days). Could be the person joining the family is Italian.
2) Maybe it's just a destination wedding. Those happen.

Yeah, no big mystery on this one.

My wife & I were married in Italy in my/my mom's hometown. I'm Italian. My wife is not.

The giant "Thanks for visiting Ford Nation: Home of Taxpayers" sign is finally gone! I noticed it in my drive up the 400 today. It's been replaced with an anti-Liberal sign.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to it once the provincial election is over.

God I hate that sign and whoever owns it.

Yeah, no big mystery on this one.

My wife & I were married in Italy in my/my mom's hometown. I'm Italian. My wife is not.

Yep, I know of a woman who lives in Singapore who always dreamt of being married in an Italian castle. It happened last month and almost the entire party was Chinese.

Well, it "matters" in that it's yet another example of the Fords' lying, self-mythologizing mountain of bullshit, which they shovel entirely to puff up their own self-image. If they weren't such a contemptible crew, it might be almost comical. But they are, and it isn't.

I know we've come to expect a certain level of dishonesty from even our better class of politicians these days, but even so, it's truly remarkable - and shocking - to watch this particular clan of grifters and low level criminals repeatedly and brazenly, and, hell, wildly lie through their teeth at every opportunity. They've gone above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to shameless and habitual lying, and it's not cute or amusing. It's certainly not something we should just shrug off because "all politicians" do it. Even if that's true - and I think it is to a degree - the Fords have still managed to outpace all the competition, which is truly remarkable when you think about it. There's simply no contest. Slob and Thug (and the gang they have surrounding them) have relentlessly told lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie. Yes, that matters, even the comparitively harmless lies. It's all one of a piece.

The City of Toronto considered the event important enough to put in their official News Release.

May 21, 2010
City of Toronto to re-name park in honour of Douglas Ford
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/it/newsr...65CBAC9271E54F558525772A0065967C?opendocument

"He was a championship swimmer and, at the age of 16, became the youngest person ever to attempt the annual CNE marathon swim across Lake Ontario."

Last edited:
... and a cyclist disobeys a stop sign.

I think that was enough of a pause. Certainly as much as most drivers do.

I don't think this video says anything meaningful about GFL. GFL and city garbage truck drivers alike are far from perfect, but then again this cyclist seems to be taking the lane just because she can, notwithstanding the van parked up ahead.

That cyclist is nuts. She yells at everyone she thinks are in the wrong with a Go-Pro camera strapped to her helmet to post to YouTube. She's hardly perfect (not that the complete stop at the 3-way stop wasn't a big deal, actually better than many as she slowed, came to a near stop and looked, but it's slightly hypocritical).

That cyclist is nuts. She yells at everyone she thinks are in the wrong with a Go-Pro camera strapped to her helmet to post to YouTube. She's hardly perfect (not that the complete stop at the 3-way stop wasn't a big deal, actually better than many as she slowed, came to a near stop and looked, but it's slightly hypocritical).

Looks like an accident, or a road-rage incident, waiting to happen.

There are a lot of reasons that the law should be for cyclists to treat stop signs as yield signs. Unfortunately a lot of motorists would flip their sh1t if this was. Implemented.

http://www.newpaltzx.com/2014/01/29/swimmer-marilyn-bell-recalls-historic-lake-ontario-crossing/

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 11.07.18 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 11.07.42 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 11.07.18 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 11.07.18 AM.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 825
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 11.07.42 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 11.07.42 AM.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 859
There are a lot of reasons that the law should be for cyclists to treat stop signs as yield signs. Unfortunately a lot of motorists would flip their sh1t if this was. Implemented.

I just wish that cyclists would stop turning left in front of me from the right hand lane (without signalling) at green lights when I'm intending to drive straight through (in the left lane). Most other things I'm willing to cut them some slack for.

This is a lengthy (3 pages) article based on an interview with Marilyn Bell and mentioning a variety of other sources and there is not a shred of a suggestion of Douglas Ford Sr. having been involved in any way.

- If he had done something in 1954 he would have been 19 years old, giving the lie to the assertion that he did something at age 16.

- If he had done something when he was 16 years old then that would give the lie to the assertion that he did something in the same year as Marilyn Bell's record swim, since he was 16 in 1951.

- None of the sources indicate his presence during Marilyn Bell's record swim. Note that it started in New York State and required (as usual) support. Her coach had to seek financial support from the newspapers to enable her to make the swim. How plausible is it that Doug Ford would have been able to afford to join in the event? (Say, oh, not at all?)

It is possible (whether it is probable is a whole other question) that Doug Ford Sr. tried the CNE marathon swim (which, as someone has already noted, usually was not an across the lake event) at 16 years of age and all of the rest is myth-making (just like the myth that he single-handedly founded Deco).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back