News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I think if this was the case a few pics would have leaked. I also can't imagine journalists are not looking into this, so conservative or not, some kids would have posted stuff. If it is true though, get ready for a drunken stupor in the very near future.

why do they have to be "kids"? They may be closer to Rob's age, so they may not even have social media accounts to publish it on! Thirty years ago people had the same wish to be photographed with famous and semi-famous people, even though there was no quick way to show that photo to the whole world. They showed the photo to friends and acquaintances, maybe taped it to their fridge, and that was it. A lot of people over 35 don't have that impulse to publish every detail of their lives on the internet.

Rob goes to 'young people' places like Muzik and the Foggy Dew, but also to Sullie Gorman's, where I doubt there's anyone under 40.

why do they have to be "kids"? They may be closer to Rob's age, so they may not even have social media accounts to publish it on! Thirty years ago people had the same wish to be photographed with famous and semi-famous people, even though there was no quick way to show that photo to the whole world. They showed the photo to friends and acquaintances, maybe taped it to their fridge, and that was it. A lot of people over 35 don't have that impulse to publish every detail of their lives on the internet.

Rob goes to 'young people' places like Muzik and the Foggy Dew, but also to Sullie Gorman's, where I doubt there's anyone under 40.

They don't have to be kids, I never said that. I meant that older CONs that live in the boonies are less likely to post things on Instagram or carry smarphones around to their favourite dive, especially the conservative types. Younger people would though. And also probably don't care if they expose Ford or not. I have no idea what kind of bars are out there or the poster was referring to. In the end I think we agree.

From this morning's Star, it looks like the councillors aren't rushing to meet with Ford. All that were contacted by the Star said they didn't plan on meeting with him. Josh Matlow is quoted as saying" I don't make time to meet with bigots, sexists, or homophobes".
I love Josh Matlow.

I'd love him more if he'd been like that from the beginning when it was less politically safe.

Met up with an old friend last evening whose sister lives in Bracebridge. She tells my friend that Rofo has been seen on many occasions in Bracebridge bars and that lots of patrons are taking selfies with him. These don't get posted because people there (a Conservative riding) like Ford and aren't out to get him.

I wouldn't give that comment too much weight, Pickles. There are already a number of photos floating of Rob posing with people in places that sell booze. My guess is your friend's sister is referring to those. If he was getting bombed in public, I'm sure the news would be out. Nevertheless, thanks for sharing the comment.

Can someone post the link to that handy "go to last post" shortcut that was posted a few days back please?

I wouldn't give that comment too much weight, Pickles. There are already a number of photos floating of Rob posing with people in places that sell booze. My guess is your friend's sister is referring to those. If he was getting bombed in public, I'm sure the news would be out. Nevertheless, thanks for sharing the comment.

true, but even in the past, we saw many pics of him out and yet for all the witnesses around, no one could say they actually saw him with a drink. yet many of those times he was wasted. it's quite a talent he's developed.

true, but even in the past, we saw many pics of him out and yet for all the witnesses around, no one could say they actually saw him with a drink. yet many of those times he was wasted. it's quite a talent he's developed.

Even if he is abstaining, the fact that he is hanging out at bars is a red flag. Maybe he feels self-disciplined now... wait until the pressures of CH and probes and the media start.

It's quite different being in that relaxed environment with 24 hr. support. He's probably feeling that he has no desire to drink and therefore has no problem being around alcohol. Toronto vibe is much different, old friends, family, old habits. If he was staying away from bars completely then I'd be more inclined to think that he's serious about not drinking.

I'd love him more if he'd been like that from the beginning when it was less politically safe.

How do you draw this conclusion about Josh Matlow? From what I've seen Matlow is of the few councilors who has always expressed strong opposition to and openly confronted the Ford's BS. He's one of only a handful of councilors with common sense and a good head on this shoulders. DMW and Matlow are worlds apart. DMWong is a sniveling opportunist who changes his tune depending on the political mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vCpKUNRBEw

Good point, Kat, but I think he's abstaining at the moment. As Oriana notes in the post below yours, the real test will come when he's away from the structured environment of his rehab/cottage axis. I think he's going to stay sober for a while, maybe even to the election, but that old habits will creep in eventually. Like Oriana says, hanging out in bars is not a good sign.

The Ontario vanity license plate "ROB FORD"...

View attachment 27271

I was just behind this car at Dufferin & Lawrence. How much do you think that guy regrets getting his personalized plate now?

Everyone: As I noticed this picture posted I remembered that at some point RF had the Ontario vanity license plate ROB FORD
registered to one of his SUV's...Is this plate still in use if anyone knows?

I see two problems with continued use of the ROB FORD plate: First the obvious about drawing unwanted attention to himself
being as controversial as he is and the second being the thought of someone stealing one or both of these plates - With Ontario
vanity plates being expensive this could become a costly problem for RF and reverting to standard series Ontario passenger
plates could be a option to prevent this from happening...

Personalized vanity plates can be fun to have but in this case lead to problems that one would rather not have to deal with...

LI MIKE

I'm not an expert on addiction, but I would be surprised if he can't stay on the wagon until the election.

If he does feel the need for "a couple of pops" before then, I'm sure his people will do their best to protect his privacy.

Everyone: As I noticed this picture posted I remembered that at some point RF had the Ontario vanity license plate ROB FORD
registered to one of his SUV's...Is this plate still in use if anyone knows?

I see two problems with continued use of the ROB FORD plate: First the obvious about drawing unwanted attention to himself
being as controversial as he is and the second being the thought of someone stealing one or both of these plates - With Ontario
vanity plates being expensive this could become a costly problem for RF and reverting to standard series Ontario passenger
plates could be a option to prevent this from happening...

Personalized vanity plates can be fun to have but in this case lead to problems that one would rather not have to deal with...

LI MIKE

They used to have vanity plates.

MET 001 for the Metro Chairman, and TOR 001 for the ( former ) City of Toronto mayor.

After amalgamation in 1998, it was MAYOR 1.

I'm not an expert on addiction, but I would be surprised if he can't stay on the wagon until the election.

If he does feel the need for "a couple of pops" before then, I'm sure his people will do their best to protect his privacy.

I can see him not drinking until after the election, because the stakes are just way too high. If he does fall off, he will do so knowing it's his political death. Or he'll show the same level of insight and maturity we've all come to know and hate - thinking that he won't get caught.

If he doesn't drink/get caught, I can def. see him f'ing up in other ways that will hopefully add to the collateral damage. Like simply opening his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back