Giving all your love to just one man
You'll have bad times, and he'll have good times
Doin' things that you don't understand
But if you love him, you'll forgive him
Even though he's hard to understand
And if you love him, oh be proud of him
'Cause after all he's just a man."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew&feature=kp

anyone taking wagers on what it's going to be?

we know that dianne is the family's go-to speechwriter when the shit hits the fan. . .
Saturday night in the city - All Hands On Deck! We can't leave Rob alone for a minute!!!

I think a group of us should point out to the integrity commissioner that Ford 2014 had the campaign manager, or person, and city staff meeting at CH for several hours.

We need a sticky with the integrity commissioners email address.

If we don't know what the Ford clan was doing there behind closed doors, what can we complain about?

Maybe the babysitter doesn't work Saturday nights? How long do they think they can keep watching Rob? I give it 2 weeks before he busts loose.

I think it was only a month or two after the last driver/babysitter was hired that we started getting news of drunken stupors again. I suspect it will be shorter this time, unless they can reign him in to the point where he only uses in private.

Maybe the babysitter doesn't work Saturday nights? How long do they think they can keep watching Rob? I give it 2 weeks before he busts loose.
I think FoFam's biggest worry, and reason they are working so hard at the campaign & can't let him resign is that if Rob no longer has a job at City Hall, he expects an office and exec position at Deco.

I remembering talking to A.A. about 30 years ago regarding a friend/junior partner of mine who had a drinking problem. The guy from A.A. said that the nicest thing I could do for my friend was to fire him. I was told that most men would lose everything - family, friends, dignity - and still not seek help. But once they lost their job, THAT'S when they felt they had a problem. So hopefully, Ford stays sober until October, loses his job and seeks the help - this time of his own volition - that he so obviously needs.

I think FoFam's biggest worry, and reason they are working so hard at the campaign & can't let him resign is that if Rob no longer has a job at City Hall, he expects an office and exec position at Deco.

No - I think their biggest worry is that the mayor's job is the only job that Robbie has ever liked, and that it keeps him generally occupied (and somewhat out of trouble -- although that has certainly not worked out well as of late). Without the mayor's job, he will essentially then have a lot of free time to drink and do drugs. And I suspect that the sober coach and visits to rehab would vanish for him since there is no reason for the Ford family (in their twisted mind) for him to continue because there is no political career requiring him to put in the right "appearances". I don't think he really wants a job at Deco, because then he won't have "fans" for him to take selfies, etc., and feeling like a bigshot. He is hanging onto the mayor's job with desperation, since it feeds his ego and insecurities, like no other job can. As Diane once said, Robbie always has to keep "busy" -- and the mayor's job does that for him.

Look at Kathy -- she is of no real use to the family, so they aren't worried about sending to her to rehab. Rob would become the male counterpart of Kathy once he is no longer mayor.

Last edited:
I remembering talking to A.A. about 30 years ago regarding a friend/junior partner of mine who had a drinking problem. The guy from A.A. said that the nicest thing I could do for my friend was to fire him. I was told that most men would lose everything - family, friends, dignity - and still not seek help. But once they lost their job, THAT'S when they felt they had a problem. So hopefully, Ford stays sober until October, loses his job and seeks the help - this time of his own volition - that he so obviously needs.

Slight problem - he never had a real job before either.

AoD

Rob Ford's Return (June 30, 2014 - )

I’d like to cheer three heroes of this past week:

1. Royson James for his Star columns of June 30 and July 1
  2. Joe Killoran for his short television show and National Post interview
  3. Andray Domise for his questions to Rob Ford and open letter to African-Canadian youth (posted here by newearthling)

They have done Toronto proud.

As fun as it is, it’s time to stop talking about the drugs. The noise is drowning out the bigger issues.

FoFam didn’t get their best-case media scenario of interviews with weight-loss tips or recipes for banana smoothies. So now they are settling for the next best thing: dope and rehab chat, à la Entertainment Tonight. Lindsay Lohan instead of Kanye West.

What about Apollo, muzik, RR Donnelly, or Project Brazen?

What about the tepid journalism, the corporate hegemony, the Harper-inspired media handling?

It took more than one RoFo to get us here. Speak truth to the seeds of tyranny. Answer the questions.

ETA: By "dope and rehab" chat, I don't mean writers like Jim Coyne in the Star. I find his pieces very informative and calm in tone. However, in probably most foreign media pieces, the leading identifier or Newsreader's Hashtag is "Crack-smoking Toronto mayor ... " <insert Guess-What-He-Did-Today story> <lead into local drug bust story or on-camera confession> ...

Last edited:
The G&M article by Hui talks about "... Jeff Silverstein, the newly hired communications director on the re-election campaign for Toronto’s embattled mayor." He said that Silverstein "... appeared at the mayor’s side at each of his public events, listening intently with arms crossed during interviews, and pacing around the mayor’s office between appearances." Aren't there rules that separate when a sitting city employee is working for the city versus campaigning for re-election? Don't their re-election employees have to stay out of their employer's CH office? It seems like the only work both Fords are doing is campaigning.

Why the Ford family want to keep Robbie at City Hall at all costs.

That and the "Favours" the Ford family owe a variety of questionable backers who don't take "No" for an answer.

Slight problem - he never had a real job before either.

AoD

And "mayor" is not the total control trip that he wants... Robbie wants to be a CEO with all the powers, not the leader of a democracy. That's why party politics, and it's partisanship, and control, is the desire of both brothers.

And then again, maybe Robbie just buys into the whole Frank Sinatra myth. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back