News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me he knew the exact questions ahead of time. He does not have the ability to think critically. Only to spew rhetoric.

His responses were timely and sequential, even with his stating the same ole deviations from the truth!

Valley Girl Stintz really needs to think again about this mayoral job. She does not carry herself well as leader of anything. Watching her performance was just painful. Just can't take her seriously!

Chow is a seasoned politician. Well spoken and knew her stuff. She's the only one with cajones to say what everyone is thinking.......clean and sober.....!

Tory is a great speaker.....his training as a lawyer I believe did him well. Good points and he would make a good right leaning mayor. Not sure of his leadership skills?

Socknacki was the most knowledgeable about city issues and comes across as issue based. I think he'd attack issues to find resolution. Good practicality.....he'd be best for running a city. Problem is, he does not have the politician populist BS going.

Socknacki would make the best mayor, except politics would prevent him from winning! Sad!

well said. i almost completely agree. it's only almost 'cause i'm hoping soks can develop more of a presence or confidence, so his ideas start being heard by more people. he looked like he needs a good debate coach to practice with.

i guess we'll learn more about buffboy soon... he did an interview with national post.

buffboy interview.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/qfUiVgDoWx/

also...

buffboy debate.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/qfhzWnjoaY/

Attachments

• buffboy interview.jpg
    buffboy interview.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 909
  • buffboy debate.jpg
    buffboy debate.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 870
I'm clearly in Olivia's corner, but John Tory walked away with the (disastrous) night. Ford was speaking well, through the lies and aggressive rhetoric. Stinz bottomed out, and what's with those brief blank stares she gets? Weird. Socks also didn't do great, the underdog just couldn't bring it.
I really wonder if that viral infection that Olivia had in her face last year was really a stroke? Olivia used to be a spirited live wire, a good speaker and good debater. She still has my vote because I have every confidence in her, although as Khristopher stated, she needs a more robust transit plan.

I really wonder if that viral infection that Olivia had in her face last year was really a stroke?

I don't think so, despite the fervent belief of some at IHTWOMRF. Aside from the fact that that'd be a pretty big thing to not disclose while an MP, a stroke would likely leave a lot more paralyzed than her face, which she has not demonstrated. There are many things that can lead to facial paralysis that don't affect the rest of the body, including certain types of food poisoning (botulism, specifically).

While not disclosed, it does just appear that it's Bell's Palsy caused by an especially virulent reactivation of Herpes Zoster (chickenpox/shingles) or Herpes Simplex (cold sores). Due to the stigma attached to the word Herpes (despite infection in half the world's population), I'm not surprised she didn't disclose in more detail.

As to why the paralysis has taken longer to diminish, she might've had a reactivation, or they might not have caught it as early as previously believed.

In terms of her energy level, I've found her to be much more somber since Jack died. From all I've seen and heard, they really were soul mates. When you lose someone you have that depth of connection with, you lose part of yourself.

Last edited:
I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing and I bailed. It wasn't Ford that sent me packing, though. It was Stintz. Cringing … I left cringing. But I hope that the dear girl stays in the race, if only to absorb some of the RF votes. That's Stintz' only use, sad that is.

In terms of her energy level, I've found her to be much more somber since Jack died. From all I've seen and heard, they really were soul mates. When you lose someone you have that depth of connection with, you lose part of yourself.

She does seem to be slightly lethargic, less animated and very controlled in her speech versus my previous impression of her. So not sure if I just wasn't paying attention before, or if her style of speaking has changed (intentionally or unintentionally).

I don't think so, despite the fervent belief of some at IHTWOMRF. Aside from the fact that that'd be a pretty big thing to not disclose while an MP, a stroke would likely leave a lot more paralyzed than her face, which she has not demonstrated. There are many things that can lead to facial paralysis that don't affect the rest of the body, including certain types of food poisoning (botulism, specifically).

While not disclosed, it does just appear that it's Bell's Palsy caused by an especially virulent reactivation of Herpes Zoster (chickenpox/shingles) or Herpes Simplex (cold sores). Due to the stigma attached to the word Herpes (despite infection in half the world's population), I'm not surprised she didn't disclose in more detail.

As to why the paralysis has taken longer to diminish, she might've had a reactivation, or they might not have caught it as early as previously believed.

yeah, I assumed it was Bell's Palsy. Could be viral, or it could be autoimmune. It's permanent in ~20% of cases, so it may never 'diminish' in her case.

"Thank you, Ms. Chow, for those kind words". How many times is Ford going to say that after someone trashes him? Second time that I've heard it. The only laughs are from the Ford stooges.

Y'know...I think someone ought to do some research into this "Bill Parkiin" fellow, i.e. the bald bearded guy arguing with John Furr--wouldn't be surprised if he has some Iola-esque skeletons in his closet. (And he *does* make an effective Shirtless Guy-esque icon for Ford Nationals at last nite's debate.)

It's guys like him that fuel my "Altamont-in-the-making" fears.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing and I bailed. It wasn't Ford that sent me packing, though. It was Stintz. Cringing … I left cringing. But I hope that the dear girl stays in the race, if only to absorb some of the RF votes. That's Stintz' only use, sad that is.

Around the 51:52 mark on the CBC stream. The replies to Ford blathering on about success on jobs etc.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...rough-subway-plan-in-mayoral-debate-1.2707452

IMO, the closest thing to a credible attempt at calling out MINO on his B.S.
Chow got some pretty good hits on target. Tory did the same. IMO still holding their punches though.
Socknaki did a shrug like, hands up gesture? WTF? Come on Mr Socks, even Vulcans have their neck pinch move.
Stintz stumbled over some words, deer in headlights moment,
then she said #1 issue is congestion.

Good lord. If this is the most credible main candidates, I want to see more of the so called 'fringe' pool.

Y'know...I think someone ought to do some research into this "Bill Parkiin" fellow, i.e. the bald bearded guy arguing with John Furr--wouldn't be surprised if he has some Iola-esque skeletons in his closet. (And he *does* make an effective Shirtless Guy-esque icon for Ford Nationals at last nite's debate.)

It's guys like him that fuel my "Altamont-in-the-making" fears.

Is this him on Facebook?
https://www.facebook.com/bill.parkin.35?fref=browse_search

She does seem to be slightly lethargic, less animated and very controlled in her speech versus my previous impression of her. So not sure if I just wasn't paying attention before, or if her style of speaking has changed (intentionally or unintentionally).

As I understand it, she's just tired from having to stand in the rain and wait for buses that are too full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back