40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Ward 2 Campaign Slogan

Vote Andray Domise.jpg
Ahaha, 'Fennedy'.

But yes, if it was anyone other than Thug, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. To me Uncle Thug's endorsement is really not helping Mikey, at all.
If you reduce the Fordian hyperbole, adjust for inflation...carry the 1. Maybe this is closer to what Doug meant?

AR_Airplane_Pedal_Car_Army_Patrol_400x423.jpg

Though to be fair, at least the young gentleman there is piloting the craft himself, and Uncle is not pushing him along.

Attachments

• Vote Andray Domise.jpg
    Vote Andray Domise.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 777
Mohammed Farah on Fifth Estate CBC Nov 2013

Interesting! (But not in a good way...) Does anyone recall if any of those four were picked up in the Traveler raids, or before/after?

ETA: Said had his charges dropped. Siad (the tape owner) is still charged.

Mohammed Farah, broker of Rob Ford crack video, also has charges against him dropped. Here he is in on CBC's Fifth Estate in November 8, 2013:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/blog/mohamed-farah-on-toronto-police-chief-bill-blair

For all the good it will do, I also sent an email to Ms. Leiper:

Permits for candidates to use public parks for campaign purposes

To whom it may concern:

It is difficult to craft this letter without resorting to unprofessional and inappropriate sarcasm (for instance, speculating if city staff might be smoking crack when they claim FordFest is not a campaign event), and, to be honest, you almost certainly know what this letter is about (if you do not, it is about the upcoming campaign event Mayor Ford is planning in a public park). In an effort to avoid more references to smoking crack, and words like "stunning willful blindness", and "completely ignoring the rules", I will keep this brief:

I, as a resident (sorry, taxpayer) of Toronto, I would like to express my concern that the Mayor of Toronto appears to be using a city park for what appears to be a campaign event, in what appears to be a violation of municipal campaign rules.

Please let me know if there are any steps I can take about this, or if there is someone else who might be able to address what appears to be a flagrant violation of campaign rules.

Thank you for your interest in this small but important matter.

Sincerely,

Ben Spurr
‏@BenSpurr
.@reporterdonpeat asks whether Ford Fest is political. Rob Ford responds: "You're really disrespecting my father and I don't appreciate it."

"So what are you saying, are you accusing me of something? What's wrong , with helping people? I help everybody. I help everyone. And I've never tooken one dime of taxpayers money. You know that. So I hope...just be careful what you write, because I never took a dime of taxpayers money, and I never will. You can't say that for other people, but I guarantee---this guy? Is as honest as the day is long with taxpayers' money. You know it and I know it."

Ben Spurr
‏@BenSpurr
.@reporterdonpeat asks whether Ford Fest is political. Rob Ford responds: "You're really disrespecting my father and I don't appreciate it."

What the hell does ford fest have to do with his father? And in Scarborough?!?!?

" Ford fest---I invite everyone to ford fest. Even the other candidates if they want to come to ford fest. We've been doing it...since 1995, when my Dad got elected, it's our 19th year. it got too big, uh, obviously, for my Mum's backyard---we've done it EVERY year. Not just on an election year, every year. I think you guys have seen this. So whoever wants to make this into a political issue---obviously that's their intention. This is gonna be for Scarborough, and AGAIN (getting exasperated), I think you were there last year---I think you guys have been there for a lot...(snorts)..a long time. This is 19 years, and, um, y'know, it gets a little emotional because my Dad's not with us, and he started it, and he said we're giving back to the community, and, that's what we're doing, so---it started in 1995, we've had it EVERY single year, and we're going to continue to have it every single year just to give back to the community, let people come, have a good time---that's all there is too it. Again...it's frustrating when you hear other people spinning it---(trails off) Come---anybody, all the other candidates, councilors, Mayors---everybody in the city is invited, this Friday, July 25th, at Tommy Thompson Park. Right at Lawrence and Brimley, like we've done before."

"Don, we've been doing it EVERY...SINGLE...YEAR. When you're saying that, you're really disrespecting my father, and I don't appreciate that."

And even Renata is at the playground opening today... is there an unsavory story about to break?

BtGB0b9CEAAsxw_.jpg

Attachments

• BtGB0b9CEAAsxw_.jpg
    BtGB0b9CEAAsxw_.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 835
"Can you talk about the decision not to serve alcohol?"

"It's timing...it's just timing. Obviously you need a certain amount of time to get it, and there wasn't enough time...yeah...so that's all there is to it. If people want to drink, go ahead. I'm not drinking, I cannot drink. I'm not going to be this guy being holier than thou and saying 'you can't drink'. People will enjoy themselves, but...it's just timing, because...obviously, heh, they didn't have enough time to get it, so that's it."

Why they wouldn't have had enough time to get a liquor permit for an event they have every year, I have no idea.

" Can you comment on your nephew running for your brother's..."

"I wish him the best of luck. Y'know, he comes from a political family---even when he was knee-high to a grasshopper he helped out my Dad, his grandfather. He's helped out on campaigns...He...he's smart. He...he'll be a huge asset for, uh, Etobicoke North. He has to work hard. Obviously nothing's ---he can't take anything for granted. He has the literature, and he's gonna do well, and I'm gonna support him 100%. He's, uh, an eager young man. I wish him all the best."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back