News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! Not one of them have pointed out how shouting at piles of garbage doesn't solve the problem. Or how touring a TCHC building doesn't fix anything.

I'm stunned that none of the candidates (that I'm aware of) have proposed a customer service initiative in their platforms. It's the ONE THING that Ford points to that has popular appeal that no one else has touched him on yet. Any one of the candidates could blow him out of the water just by promising to review and improve 311 response.

Seriously, their campaign teams shud assign someone to watch this thread and a couple of others on UT. They could learn so much.

Exactly! Not one of them have pointed out how shouting at piles of garbage doesn't solve the problem. Or how touring a TCHC building doesn't fix anything.

I'm stunned that none of the candidates (that I'm aware of) have proposed a customer service initiative in their platforms. It's the ONE THING that Ford points to that has popular appeal that no one else has touched him on yet. Any one of the candidates could blow him out of the water just by promising to review and improve 311 response.

You are correct that Rofo shouting at a pile of garbage doesn't solve it. Rofo touring and giving out fridge magnets also does squat. But here is where I think he's an idiot savant. He shows up in person. And he plays that card to the hilt and then some. The perception grows that he personally cares about the poor, visible minority, immigrants, and generally the disenfranchised and hard working regular folks.

Someone else could actually be working on the problem, actually make real progress, and RoFo could swoop in and take the credit. Even after voting against it. And here's the frustrating part. That tactic can and has worked for him, because he simply shows up in person. He'll work that retail politics charm overtime. His opponents and critics ignore that at their own peril.

Seriously, their campaign teams shud assign someone to watch this thread and a couple of others on UT. They could learn so much.

You are assuming too much, Grasshopper.

and, hammer the point home by reminding the electorate that Ford even tried to reduce the funding to 311! A service that works, surprisingly, incredibly well.

Now that it's a quiet time here, anyone care to add 'it's a disease' to the tags? I've used up my quota.

I don't know if it'd been brought up but a thought just occurred to me, if Robbie's robocall was neither an official CH function, or political rally, and is promoted as a family celebration, then why can't they be fined for violating Do Not Call regs?

Just infuriating.
Why can't the other mayoral candidates simply say what you have just written in one sentence - either through the media or during a debate. Fords nonsense is so easily refuted yet all of the candidates are astonishingly ineffective at pointing out his absolute inability to do his job as an executive.

That, and his closed/fluttering eye thing really freaks me out. Who could trust that?!

The wrinkling forehead and the "yer am idiot look" get me

I imagine that there are many on this thread who are significantly more knowledgeable about such matters, so I'm putting out a request.

As many of you know, the search feature on this otherwise fantastic forum really sucks. What I would really, really, really like to do is have the information that appears on these pages in a format similar to an Excel sheet. Nothing fancy, just four columns (Date, Time, Author, Comment) for all comments going back to the beginning. The purpose is simply to have a more user-friendly experience while doing background research.

I have asked UT for this data, but it's not clear that they have it in a handy format.

I too have often wanted a 'hard' digital copy of this thread for UX reasons.. There are many possible solutions to getting the data. Really it all depends on UT's policies. Even if the data is publicly available it doesn't necessarily mean it's okay to copy.

If the public data is okay for you to copy for personal use then it's pretty easy politely get it all through public channels. So long as it's not in violation of UT policies I would be happy to provide you more specific information, and some help. I can be reached by private message for further details.

I don't know if it'd been brought up but a thought just occurred to me, if Robbie's robocall was neither an official CH function, or political rally, and is promoted as a family celebration, then why can't they be fined for violating Do Not Call regs?

I wondered this myself. In reading the official language, my best guess is that the rules apply specifically to telemarketers and because Ford is not selling anything, he's not bound by them. It doesn't say this explicitly, mind, you, it's just my interpretation.

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/nrt-ntr-eng

I wondered this myself. In reading the official language, my best guess is that the rules apply specifically to telemarketers and because Ford is not selling anything, he's not bound by them. It doesn't say this explicitly, mind, you, it's just my interpretation.

The intent of the robocalls is to solicit support for a particular candidate which fits the definition of telemarketing...

"Telemarketing refers to the use of telecommunications facilities to make unsolicited telephone calls or to send unsolicited faxes to consumers for the purpose of solicitation. Solicitation is defined as the selling or promoting of a product or service, or the soliciting of money or money's worth, whether directly or indirectly or on behalf of another party."

Dunno. I'm in Michigan and getting that message on both links. You're in the US too, and can access them? Weird. Maybe YouTube thinks Michigan's a whole different country or something - ooh, or can tell I'm an expat from TO. Cue Twilight Zone music. :)
(Oh wait. That's been playing ever since the whole RoFo saga began unfolding, hasn't it? )
Hmmm.....that's strange cos it worked for me. And I'm pretty sure we live on the same side of the border.

doesn't the do not call list also pertain to surveyors who aren't trying to sell anything? I though only political and existing consent relationships were exempt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back