News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford Nation.

What a pathetic flock.

The weak and marginalized in Toronto mobilizing around a multi-millionaire with eight properties in two countries who not only could care less about their predicaments, but actually takes advantage of the illicit services and offerings in these communities. These communities return the favour by claiming Ford is "one of us," and "stand up for the little guy" because he once fixed a laundry machine in a carefully organized photo-op at their apartment, all the while he votes time and time again against programs, services and grants that would directly assist and mobilize these neighborhoods.

I'm embarrassed to be from Toronto. What a bunch of fools. Hate-filled and bitter.
Don't be embarrassed to be from Toronto. These people are not the majority. How many people voted for Ford out of the over 2 million who call Toronto home? And he has less supporters now compared to then. Every city has these idiots. Toronto is a great city with great people.

Don't be embarrassed to be from Toronto. These people are not the majority. How many people voted for Ford out of the over 2 million who call Toronto home? And he has less supporters now compared to then. Every city has these idiots. Toronto is a great city with great people.

Nicely said, Khristopher.

But, for the life of me, I can't imagine the supporters of Chow, Tory, Stintz, Socknacki or Ari Goldkind ever behaving like that.

That pic of the gentleman getting throttled will be broadcast worldwide. It does indeed bring shame on the entire city.

Ford Nation.

What a pathetic flock.

The weak and marginalized in Toronto mobilizing around a multi-millionaire with eight properties in two countries who not only could care less about their predicaments, but actually takes advantage of the illicit services and offerings in these communities. These communities return the favour by claiming Ford is "one of us," and "stand up for the little guy" because he once fixed a laundry machine in a carefully organized photo-op at their apartment, all the while he votes time and time again against programs, services and grants that would directly assist and mobilize these neighborhoods.

I'm embarrassed to be from Toronto. What a bunch of fools. Hate-filled and bitter.

It's sad that populist movements, built on the support of people who are often dis-advantaged, are almost always actually led by an ego-centric millionaire exploiting people for goals that are against those peoples' best interests. Obviously quite different, but when you look at the tea party movement in the States, you'll find big individuals and big money pulling the strings there too.

10538738_642514625843755_1997901293_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10538738_642514625843755_1997901293_n.jpg
    10538738_642514625843755_1997901293_n.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,185

I's really weird to read the accounts in the newspapers (in my case, the G&M) tonight - reading what some people say in Ford's defence. These people will believe anything while the fact is that they really need a better leader. It is a sad situation.

But -- similarly to what you've written, in any large city there will be these pluralities in the population. The trick is to play better politics. I do have every confidence that this great city will learn something from the catastrophes of the Ford mayoralty.

I shouldn't have said that about Scarborough. Not even in jest.

It was from growing up in Etobicoke, even though most of us had never been east of Yonge St.

"Scarborough suitcase" was another.

Like I said, I suspect many of the misfits at the rally were from all over the GTA.

I personally found it funny, obviously we're not laughing about the assault on that guy, and I am kinda weary about the uhm, 'rep' that Scarborough gets saddled with sometimes. But I understood your satirical intent I think.

Heck, I still want to go to a Steak Queen in Etobicoke for a Ford Stupor Pilgrimage, minus the dranken' and drivin' of Hizzoner of course. I think I will go there for a burger if\hopefully when Rofo gets defeated in october, or if\when he gets arrested.

I spent about 30 minutes at Ford Fest before feeling really dirty for spending too much time in Scarborough and being associated with those people. In my time there I saw the GLBT group be harassed, Iola going on and on about how Kathleen Wynne should've never been elected because she's a lesbian, and lots of "Ford more years" chants. The Gatineau recreational trail was a nice bike ride though, except when I got to Thompson Memorial Park where Ford Nation decided to drive their SUV's on the trail, blocking all pedestrians and cyclists.

Heck, I still want to go to a Steak Queen in Etobicoke for a Ford Stupor Pilgrimage, minus the dranken' and drivin' of Hizzoner of course. I think I will go there for a burger if\hopefully when Rofo gets defeated in october, or if\when he gets arrested.

There really should be a pilgrimage / meet and greet at Steak Queen or Sully Gorman's.

As far as notoriety, Etobicoke has had more than it's fair share recently! :D

There really should be a pilgrimage / meet and greet at Steak Queen or Sully Gorman's.

As far as notoriety, Etobicoke has had more than it's fair share recently! :D

drive-bys are sufficient. no need to fund ford nation supporters.

Nicely submitted without comment. A picture's worth...etc.

However, and I submit this to those who choose not to 'Ignore', what would be the headline if this appeared on the cover of:

a) Globe & Mail
b) Toronto Star
c) National Post
d) A Maclean's cover
e) NOW
f) The Grid, (RIP) if Keenan wrote the story.
g) The Sun, if Worms wrote it.
f) The Sun, if Peat wrote it

I spent about 30 minutes at Ford Fest before feeling really dirty for spending too much time in Scarborough and being associated with those people. In my time there I saw the GLBT group be harassed, Iola going on and on about how Kathleen Wynne should've never been elected because she's a lesbian, and lots of "Ford more years" chants. The Gatineau recreational trail was a nice bike ride though, except when I got to Thompson Memorial Park where Ford Nation decided to drive their SUV's on the trail, blocking all pedestrians and cyclists.

Can we stop with the stereotyping of Scarborough? These aholes came from around the city. I lived in Scarborough for the first 20 years I was in Toronto and almost no one I associated with would be a Ford supporter. My sons are related to the Thomsons (no p) and had ancestors who owned the land which now hosts Scarborough General. These people are probably spinning in their graves at St. Andrews. Sorry, personal peeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back