News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, 99.99% of guys in a high profile public position like Ford's would cooperate with police just for optics. Rob couldn't care less about that though. Guy is shameless lol.
99.9% of politicians in a similar situation would have resigned a long time ago.

You're Rob Ford. You used to be the mayor. You used to be big.

RoFo: I *am* big. It's the *selfies* that got small.

I didn't know you were planning a comeback.

RoFo: I hate that word. It's a return, a return to the millions of taxpayers who have never forgiven council for stabbing me in the back for stopping the Gravy Train.

RoFo: And I promise you I'll never desert them again because after this campaign there'll be another and another. You see, this is my life! It always will be! Nothing else! Just me, the cameras, and those wonderful taxpayers out there.

All right, Jerry, I'm ready for the selfies!

Bravo!

Wow, the report doesn't even bother to specify landlines only. Just says "telephone" survey in section on methods. Forum needs a serious public shaming. No way Ford is at 27%.

Landlines may provide a degree of accuracy across Ontario (though I doubt it). But in a city like Toronto, there's just no way.

What is your difficulty with landlines if you don't mind me asking?

I think up to now the Police have evaded major criticism/investigation from the media and citizens. As long as Brazen 2 is "ongoing", there will be some leeway given. But with Blair gone and Giroux going, it can't be ongoing forever. If charges don't end up being laid and Brazen 2 is officially closed, then there will be an uproar. Anti-Fordites will want an investigation into corruption, Pro-Forders will want an investigation into the amount of resources that were wasted.

TPS announced on TV the other day that the Nicole Morin investigation is still "ongoing". That investigation has been ongoing for 30 years.

They say hope is the last to die.

ETA

To paraphrase S. N. Behrman: "There's nothing wrong with Rob Ford that a really first-class miracle could not cure." :D

I still have my black beauty. ( I kid, but I still have my landlines. Including one of the old cordless types for when the power goes out. )

View attachment 30983

Last edited:
99.9% of politicians in a similar situation would have resigned a long time ago.

Rob Ford is special. He's regular folks, just like you or me. This sentence is not a lie. That previous sentence is not a lie. It's now all in the past, what's important is we move on.

I just don't think enough households in Toronto have landlines to make a landline-only poll viable anymore. I can't generalize a whole city based on my experience, but it's notable that I only know one person under 40 in my extended social network who has a landline. And they're going to give it up when they move into their new condo next month.

Who are these people? Downtown, progressive, politically engaged voters who will never ever vote for Ford and will never ever be canvassed by Forum.

Last edited:
ETA

To paraphrase S. N. Behrman: "There's nothing wrong with Rob Ford that a really first-class miracle could not cure." :D
]

Rob Ford is special. He's regular folks, just like you or me. This sentence is not a lie. That previous sentence is not a lie. It's now all in the past, what's important is we move on.

:D))) *clapping*

well, the results are out -- http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/103/john-tory-breaks-through-in-toronto-campaign/

edit: nick kouvalis (on tory's team) is campaign research, not forum research... i am a numpty

Some of the numbers are interesting though I remain very skeptical of Forum. In a three way race this election is taking on the appearance of 2010, with Tory and Chow in the Smitherman and Pantalone roles. If the race remains this close, but Tory retains his significant lead over Chow, will Chow do the honourable thing and bow out? (Something that Pantalone should have done)

Landlines only misses people who only have cell, who skew younger and generally more liberal.

I just don't think enough households in Toronto have landlines to make a landline-only poll viable anymore. I can't generalize a whole city based on my experience, but it's notable that I only know one person under 40 in my extended social network who has a landline. And they're going to give it up when they move into their new condo next month.

Who are these people? Downtown, progressive, politically engaged voters who will never ever vote for Ford and will never ever be canvassed by Forum.

How many people will actually pick-up and respond to these polls?
If I see an unknown number, especially when not expecting any calls, I refuse to answer ( landline or cell).

This is ancient history ( by RoFo standards of time measurement ) but a good read anyway.

"Fans of the embattled Toronto mayor are rallying behind their man on Facebook. Meet “Ford Nation,†where 15-year-olds call the shots and the rest of us are just “Manhattanite hipsters.â€

There may never be another politicized group with this much Ford-itude."
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...onto-mayor-rob-ford-s-facebook-defenders.html

LOL "Mahattanite Hipsters"

If I see an unknown number, especially when not expecting any calls, I refuse to answer ( landline or cell).

Ditto. My landline (which I still have, perhaps irrationally, for emergencies) has been ringing off the hook in the evenings for the last few weeks and I haven't answered it once. I don't even know what my landline phone number is, nor does anybody else, so it's either sales people or pollsters calling.

There is this too. In our family we never pick up an unknown number. Neither do any of our friends that we have spoken about this.

Maybe that, and landline only, are why the polls are so "off" in recent elections.

If the race remains this close, but Tory retains his significant lead over Chow, will Chow do the honourable thing and bow out?

Take one for the team? ( TOFTT )

If Mrs Chow was willing to do that - for the good of the city - she deserves a medal.

To JT: 'You can serve for a couple of terms and then it'll be Robbie's turn.' Strike that.

To JT: "You can serve for a couple of terms and then it'll be Olivia's turn.”

Last edited:
Ditto. My landline (which I still have, perhaps irrationally, for emergencies) has been ringing off the hook in the evenings for the last few weeks and I haven't answered it once. I don't even know what my landline phone number is, nor does anybody else, so it's either sales people or pollsters calling.

We finally bit the bullet and cut the landline. It was cathartic. Next up, the car!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back