News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst aspect of Rob Ford's football coaching career is the way he talked of his players as either dead or in jail if not for him. Just more of his paternalist racism, the same stuff that could be seen at Friday night's debate. And then he told us that because of him all were going off to university. But some are in jail. One of his highest profile players, who stood onstage for him during his previous campaign, was party to that murder by SUV down on King St., the one that went unsolved for a year and a half or so. And two of his players were in jail at the time of Scott McIntyre's beating. McIntryre claimed in his lawsuit that they were directed by Ford to deliver the beating. Second worst aspect of Rob Ford's coaching career is that he introduced criminals with drug dealing records to high school kids. Payman for certain, and probably Lisi. These things were hardly mentioned in the recent release.

Checked my spam folder. Message from the Mayor there. I never wrote to his office. I wrote to Gary Crawford, who was my representative, and I signed an online petition against the Portlands' plan. Think these were the only times I initiated correspondence with city government. I also recieve unrequested messages from Gord Perks, and city Official Plan updates. So I suspect putting one's name and email address on a petition is the source of being on the Mayor's list. And maybe that isn't against the rules. Once you sign the petition you're placing your name and email address in the public sphere.

Well turns out I couldn't help myself. I went and told Norm he did a great job, and started to tell RoFo that I've not always been political and I'm undecided...he said "you ARE going to vote though." I said "oh yes. And you have to leave."The whole time he stared at my chest and I couldn't take it anymore and said "quit looking at my ***s you mysoginistic asshole!!"

A couple people said thank god cause the whole morning was people sending their little kids over to get magnets.

His minion with the goatee was there snapping pics of everyone.

The Privacy Commissioner may well have an opinion about the photo snapping, since it's not protected as either artistic endeavour or journalism.

....Checked my spam folder. Message from the Mayor there. I never wrote to his office. I wrote to Gary Crawford, who was my representative, and I signed an online petition against the Portlands' plan. Think these were the only times I initiated correspondence with city government. I also recieve unrequested messages from Gord Perks, and city Official Plan updates. So I suspect putting one's name and email address on a petition is the source of being on the Mayor's list. And maybe that isn't against the rules. Once you sign the petition you're placing your name and email address in the public sphere.

or, they just got your address the same way the penis enlargement/Russian bride spammers do: phishing, scams and addresses illegally scraped from legit businesses. I don't think they're tech savvy enough to do it themselves, but they might know someone who knows someone who's selling lists. Getting emails that way is a pretty desperate thing for a politician to do, but hey, we're talking about the Ford bros.

I think those ready to count Chow out might be in for a surprise by this time next month.

I'm quite sure she and Tory are happy to glad hand and list off policy and whatnot for now. Until this weekend ends, it's still summer. People don't pay attention to the news as much until the kids go back to school. For now though, they're on vacation, or spending time with their kids and forgetting that their lives are about to slide back into a routine of watching the news and having less to plan or experience, etc.

Spending political capital early in a 10 month campaign timeframe would be dumb. You need to spend it hard and fast in the last month/weeks leading up to the election, when people are paying attention to it.

I don't think such an experienced politician as Chow or even Tory would pull out the big guns before Labour Day, so I'm quite certain we'll see firey Olivia in form come October 1st.

So, again, we're two months away from the end. Don't convince yourself it's an election set in stone.

I was just poking around on Forum's website and this press release, from yesterday, caught my eye:

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/123/majority-in-toronto-think-union-gains-are-at-risk-today/

While this is not a poll for the mayoral race, there is a table that lists an answer to one question by mayoral preference:

Forum Poll Table.jpg

I found it interesting that of 1207 respondents 279 are listed as Ford supporters, 408 are for Tory and 293 are for Chow. Thats 980 total, so I assume 227 people are supporting other candidates or did not give their mayoral preference. Why is this interesting, you may ask? Well, lets do some percentages:

Tory - 408/1207 = 33.8%
Chow - 293/1207 = 24.3%
Ford - 279/1207 = 23.1%
Other/No Preference 227/1207 = 18.8%

Calculating percentages for just the three main candidates gives these results:

Tory - 408/980 = 41.6%
Chow - 293/980 = 29.9%
Ford - 279/980 = 28.5%

The poll was conducted August 13 and 14, right in between two polls released by Forum that show Ford gaining ground and leapfrogging into second place ahead of Chow. I think you would have to agree that the percentages listed above paint a very different picture. Is it possible that Forum has inadvertently given a better snapshot of the true state of the race, one that doesn't fit the media narrative of a Ford campaign that is gaining momentum?

ETA: I know during the provincial election, Forum's percentages had a "baked-in" demographic likely voter model (that they refused to describe in detail). It's possible they're doing the same thing for the mayoral election, skewing their percentages in Ford's favour. Also, these numbers are more in line with the Maple Leaf Strategies poll from July 30 and the Nanos poll from July 5, both of which showed Tory with a fairly substantial lead and Ford in third.

Attachments

• Forum Poll Table.jpg
    Forum Poll Table.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:
I was just poking around on Forum's website and this press release, from yesterday, caught my eye:

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/123/majority-in-toronto-think-union-gains-are-at-risk-today/

While this is not a poll for the mayoral race, there is a table that lists an answer to one question by mayoral preference:

View attachment 32190

I found it interesting that of 1207 respondents 279 are listed as Ford supporters, 408 are for Tory and 293 are for Chow. Thats 980 total, so I assume 227 people are supporting other candidates or did not give their mayoral preference. Why is this interesting, you may ask? Well, lets do some percentages:

Tory - 408/1207 = 33.8%
Chow - 293/1207 = 24.3%
Ford - 279/1207 = 23.1%
Other/No Preference 227/1207 = 18.8%

Calculating percentages for just the three main candidates gives these results:

Tory - 408/980 = 41.6%
Chow - 293/980 = 29.9%
Ford - 279/980 = 28.5%

The poll was conducted August 13 and 14, right in between two polls released by Forum that show Ford gaining ground and leapfrogging into second place ahead of Chow. I think you would have to agree that the percentages listed above paint a very different picture. Is it possible that Forum has inadvertently given a better snapshot of the true state of the race, one that doesn't fit the media narrative of a Ford campaign that is gaining momentum?

Yup.
Even if Ford did gain a few points (doubtful) he's the incumbent and should be leading. Everywhere else the headlines would read "Mayor being trounced by competition" or something to that effect. It's all ridiculous.

Last edited:
Yup.
Even if Ford did gain a few points (doubtful) he's the incumbent and should be leading. Everywhere else the headlines would read "Mayor being trounced by competition" or something to that effect. It's all ridiculous.

almost feels like they just added the percentages stintz had to ford's. which makes me wanna highlight the following. i love the cheekiness of the last line.

Ford said the mayor has had more volunteers join since mayoral candidate Karen Stitnz dropped out of the race.

“A vast majority of her supporters have come over,†Ford said.

But none could be found at the rally for comment.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/30/more-volunteers-sought-for-rob-fords-mayoral-campaign

When you're in a park repeatedly and geese are there, you know very soon that there is goose poop. No way he didn't know.

Also, the reason they were rolling around was because it was there. It's not really a punishment without that element.

a little more detail about...

his mother, Jennifer Dixon.

With her experience in the advertising industry, she provides him with networking support. She uses her business connections and savvy to promote her son’s brand. She was also the one who introduced her son to Doug Ford two months ago.

“Doug used to be one of my vendors and so, I’ve known Doug for many, many years,†she said.

“We had lunch and he met my son and he was so impressed that (Oliver) was running his own business... Doug could not put the shirt on fast enough.â€

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...launch-toronto-s-prnce-apparel-clothing-line/

ed blair posted on 02/12/2014 07:23 AM

@John she has written his manuel. the fords will play on the inaccuracies like rob started using hard drugs after his father died. the mayor has been smoking crack with football players he coached as far back as 20 years ago at scarlett heights

. and for those out there threatening me and doing shit to my car because i tell the truth to everyone i meet and you know who you are, come and get it over with. i am not afraid and have been telling people who the fords really are since they got elected. there are 100's of people now that say wow that guy wasnt making it up or exaggerating. i know dro and kordas and fathead are to yellow to do anything on thier own so send your hoods now, i am not afraid.

the mayor will never coach kids again which is by far the most important thing that has come from this scandal.

http://www.newstalk1010.com/shows/johnmoore/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10639870

Ed Blair · Humber College

You know the truth Joe. You have known the truth since you were trolling for stories back in the 80's when they were selling hash at JG. If you say you didn't know then you should not be allowed to call yourself the 'scrawled'.

Reply · Like · Follow Post · October 15, 2013 at 7:59am

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2013/10/20131008-072323.html

fwiw... ed blair is facebook friends with walter sima.

Last edited:
Oh right I recall him leaving a criptic message on Walters Facebook page right before Lisi article dropped asking if it's karma time yet.
Why hasn't the media picked up on this guy? He doesn't seem too concerned about the wrath of Ford Nation, so he would probably be willing to talk about the Fords. Once the floodgates start to open, maybe others will come forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back