News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug for Mayor would be stupid. A lot of Fordites would back him, but then he's be working down from 25%.

Makes a lot more sense if Rob runs from his hospital bed and then dies in office.
Doug could win the by-election in a sympathy vote.
I don't think Doug gets much sympathy. His douchiness is evident even to FordNation. I mean, once Singing Jimmy has denounced you, you're pretty much sunk.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 37s
Silverstein, Jacobs enter election office.

The big event has started.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 12s
Silverstein is here submitting paperwork. Withdrawing Rob Ford's name from the race and entering Doug.

And there you have it.
Hallelujah!

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 37s
Silverstein, Jacobs enter election office.

The big event has started.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 12s
Silverstein is here submitting paperwork. Withdrawing Rob Ford's name from the race and entering Doug.

And there you have it.
As happy as I am to see Rob out of it, I would have preferred to see him go down in flames at the ballot box (or even at the ballet box)

Withdrawal for Rob and Michael Ford! Doug tried to register but they didn't have the correct paperwork.

ETA: Thought I was fast, but everyone else was faster.

Doug is talking chemotherapy before there has been a cancer diagnosis. He does like to create drama.

In all fairness, the Ford's have information we don't.

I don't doubt for a minute this is a malignant tumour. The preliminary biopsy results would be available quickly, there may be spots elsewhere (liver, lungs) that haven't been confirmed.

We should not assume that we know everything the Fords' do.

I don't have much good to say about their family, but I am more than prepared to put my cynicism aside on this. No one ever wants to face what they are facing right now.

And of course, clicking on the sun link is basically what's providing the meal ticket for the paper to continue to hire him...

Just saying.

AoD

I use donotlink.com to get to S(t)un pages, though I don't know if that really affects his meal ticket. But I do love the fact that after I type in the URL, donotlink puts up a box that says "Most people think this link is nonsense," and later asks me to add my own rating.

(You can probably guess.)

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4s
Breaking: Ward 2 candidate Michael Ford has also withdrawn. That's Rob Ford's old ward. Rob Ford has an hour to sign up to run there.

Sad...

So everyone's prediction that Mikey was just a seat warmer were 100% correct. Will none of Ford Nation find this a little too cynical? That he was running not because he cared about the ward, but as part of a strategic ploy? Plus, don't these type of people typically decry nepotism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back