8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for articulating this.

I feel bad for those MO people that only eat healthy things.
Unfortunately, the other 95% that make poor eating decisions lie in the bed they make... which means being judged for being unhealthy.
Oh, and to those that believe in "big bones": it's bullshit. The average skeleton weighs like 12 pounds, and a "big boned" person's skeleton weighs like 14 pounds, not 40.
I have MO family members, and could go that direction myself...if I downed 3 heaping plates at every meal too. I guarentee they would be more reasonably sized if they laid off the pop and biggie sized meals.

Am I a prick? Possibly. Does the rest of the world judge Toronto by their Morbidly Obese Mayor? Definitely.

I don't think that's true. Nenshi is sometimes extremely heavy (although it seems to fluctuate a lot) and he is extremely well respected.

If fat assed rob, his fat assed brother and their minions can talk about pinkos, latte sipping elites, tree huggers etc....then they're fair game to be called fat assed dullards.

No, they're not. Because by using phraseology like that, and making offensive comments about his weight, you're offending a very large portion of the population. That's like saying it's okay to call someone a n***** if they're an awful person.

Last edited:
Ian MacIntyre ‏@MrIanMacIntyre 6m
As @squideye pointed out, this 2pm deadline is meaningless. If they want it, the Fords will demand an extension, and get it. #topoli

One opinion on the matter.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 5m
Cancer hadn't previously been explicitly broached; Doug Ford tells Warmington that Rob Ford might be facing chemotherapy.

FWIW, I've heard doctors use different language at early stages of diagnosis. I think Cohen is being cautious because he won't know anything for sure until he gets the biopsy results. It's hard to tell what's going on from scans alone. In my wife's case, various scans led her doctors to believe she had diverticulosis. It certainly looked that way based on initial imaging. She only got her upgrade to a colon cancer diagnosis when her docs got their mitts on a tissue sample.

On a related note, we were talking about RoFo last night, and she remarked that at his size, surgeons probably won't be able to use laproscopic techniques. He may need a large, old-school incision, which takes much longer to heal up. She also raised some good points about his overall health (asthma, possible prescription/recreational drug use, blood pressure), which could make a surgery more complex, assuming one is called for. Neither of us are doctors, of course.

I wouldn't be surprised if he also had high blood pressure, cholesterol issues and was diabetic in addition to the possibility of cancer.

Last edited:
I don't think that's true. Nenshi is sometimes extremely heavy (although it seems to fluctuate a lot) and he is extremely well respected.

Good point, although when I met Nenshi, he didn't seem huge. I guess the fact that Nenshi handles himself like a statesmen, rather than an entitled, criminal FAS jock might have something to do with it.

Both brothers won't be on ballet: Doug Ford

Nice proofreading!

Maybe it's referring to future invitations to the Nut Cracker suite cameo appearance.

re: MINO's and Mifo and Dofo's weight criticism in the guise of helping or for the sake of health. It's a turn off. Seriously, it just gives more ammo to those who say anyone who criticizes FoFam are only doing so for superficial and petty reasons. Because it is superficial and petty. If Rofo and Dofo has the physique of a greek god and face of Derek Zoolander, they'd still be morons and very possibly criminals.

Ian MacIntyre ‏@MrIanMacIntyre 6m
As @squideye pointed out, this 2pm deadline is meaningless. If they want it, the Fords will demand an extension, and get it. #topoli

One opinion on the matter.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 5m
Cancer hadn't previously been explicitly broached; Doug Ford tells Warmington that Rob Ford might be facing chemotherapy.

1) Um No - the Province would have to grant the extension - its Provincial legislation. Wynne has ultimate say on this and guess what?

2) The article didn't read that Doug had said that - it sounded like Worm was BS hypothesizing on a diagnosis.

1) Um No - the Province would have to grant the extension - its Provincial legislation. Wynne has ultimate say on this and guess what?

2) The article didn't read that Doug had said that - it sounded like Worm was BS hypothesizing on a diagnosis.

I thought the bullying for an extension theory was lame too.

If the tumor is benign the public backlash towards this family will be epic.

I hope you are right.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1m
A lot of the story of this term has been the story of the Rob Ford-Doug Ford relationship. These two difficult hours are the climax.

Dale opining.

Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 36s
Renata Ford arrives at hospital but makes no comment to reporters. #TOpoli

Last edited:
If the tumor is benign the public backlash towards this family will be epic.

Several people have expressed this and I kinda don't get it: why would there be a backlash? Suggesting they already knew it was benign? How is anyone going to prove they did?

People are quick to jump to conclusions. Using the tumour word from the get-go immediately gets people hypothesizing about cancer -- a natural fear that we all have. Doug did nothing to downplay that, nor has Warmington. The Mount Sinai doc has been the typical cautious doctor -- we don't know what we're dealing with until the results are back. He's who people should be listening to, and the Ford family should be encouraging people to not jump to conclusions, but no, that wouldn't play into their little game.

Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 36s
Renata Ford arrives at hospital but makes no comment to reporters. #TOpoli

What strikes me as funny is every time there is a story on Kathy Ford going to court they report what she's wearing like she is some fashion Icon "Kathy dressed in a puce mummu by Givenchy and sandals from ardene..." but they never mention what Renata is wearing, maybe his Don Bosco jacket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back