News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure - she's keeping it classy for now. I think she has the most to gain staying out of the perceived upcoming Tory/Sluggo Feud. Tory is right in some things but not attacking Doug head on after such a crazy situation she positions herself to catch DoFo when hes got his guard down.

The problem is she hasn't positioned herself for anything thus far, other than the fall from first place. I don't think this is an election where you expects fratricide and coming up in the middle.

AoD

I don't see how Rob doesn't win in Ward 2. Which means we'll have four more years of that blustering idiot on council and the international headlines will read: Toronto reelects crack smoking mayor to council.

Remember this:

dougfrd.jpg

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/06/doug-ford-wont-rule-out-running-for-mayor

look at the poll

Attachments

• dougfrd.jpg
    dougfrd.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 698
Last edited:
‏@ddale8
Mel Lastman on the Ford switch: "It's nuts. It doesn't make sense. This is ridiculous. It's the height of stupidity."

I wonder if one of the first items tabled by the Wynne Liberals on October 20th will be the Ranked Balloting legislation...
Although, Tory is now against changing the system and it would still require T.O. Council making the change.

In the unlikely event that Doug wins:
- Doug brings in Rob as Deputy mayor. Triggers by-election, Mikey takes over Ward 2.
- Doug has something come up in which he must step down, or is otherwise unable to fulfill his duties as mayor.
- Rob is mayor in his absence, and it gets drawn out until the next election (so that there's no need for a by-election)
One problem with the above scenario, Rob is already Councillor. He wouldn't have to re-sign if given the Deputy Mayor title.

I suggest just dropping the "Mayor Rob" part of the thread...
Why? He's still Mayor.

I think that quote sums up why Chow will place a distant 2nd or 3rd in this race.

I said the same thing in the election thread.

Tory didn't say anything NASTY, he said things everyone knows about how Doug gets along with council, the premier etc.

Olivia's toothless performance today was the final nail in her coffin, IMHO. She wouldn't even agree with reporters, multiple times, that Rob and Doug have similar values. She wants to wait and see - Jeeze, lady, ROB SAID IN HIS STATEMENT that's why Doug is running!!!

She cares so much about Rob's health (and he might not even be sick) and how much he loves the city. I guess no one told her he feels well enough to run for council. It was a wholly pathetic performance and, I guess, emblematic of the general lack of fire we've seen the whole campaign for her. The people who are die hard supporters who want to know why she lost should watch her barely-there speech today. Crikey, enough with "the children" already!

Nice: CP24 shows Doug parking his vehicle with the hazards flashing in the AMBULANCE BAY of Mount Sinai Hospital.

Talk about "Mr Entitlement"!

IMG-20140912-00664.jpg
IMG-20140912-00665.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20140912-00664.jpg
    IMG-20140912-00664.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 910
  • IMG-20140912-00665.jpg
    IMG-20140912-00665.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 932
Last edited:
I said the same thing in the election thread.

Tory didn't say anything NASTY, he said things everyone knows about how Doug gets along with council, the premier etc.

Olivia's toothless performance today was the final nail in her coffin, IMHO. She wouldn't even agree with reporters, multiple times, that Rob and Doug have similar values. She wants to wait and see - Jeeze, lady, ROB SAID IN HIS STATEMENT that's why Doug is running!!!

She cares so much about Rob's health (and he might not even be sick) and how much he loves the city. I guess no one told her he feels well enough to run for council. It was a wholly pathetic performance and, I guess, emblematic of the general lack of fire we've seen the whole campaign for her. The people who are die hard supporters who want to know why she lost should watch her barely-there speech today. Crikey, enough with "the children" already!
A close friend of mine is supporting Tory and she asked me what Tory could do differently to win my vote. First thing I said was, attack the Fords for what they are. No more nice Canadian crap. Tory actually went up in my books today, not so much Olivia.

ETA - The word insipid keeps coming to mind with Olivia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back