News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but you don't know which outcome Renata is praying for.

Do you think she would inherit Rob's portion of the Doug Ford SR Trust Fund, or does that go to the family?
Kathy can't even get anything without Doug Jr's say, so I'll bet Renata will be persona non grata.
She's not blood.

Do you think she would inherit Rob's portion of the Doug Ford SR Trust Fund, or does that go to the family?
Kathy can't even get anything without Doug Jr's say, so I'll bet Renata will be persona non grata.
She's not blood.

Imagine the dirt Renata has on this clan of imbeciles?

I think you mean "commonwealth taxpayers". It would appear Canadians pay disproportionately more than the Brits, even.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/queen-costs-us-more-than-the-brits-pay/

The royals don't see any of our money directly - that just covers expenses in Canada. In the UK the royals get an allowance to cover official duties and maintain public property, but their personal expenditures come from the income on massive land holdings. In a sense that's a hidden tax because if those properties were nationalized the income would go into gov coffers.

And since we're on the topic of government figureheads, it's a massive waste of money whether we're talking London or Toronto.

Tabatha has it backwards. Why do we pay attention to the royals? It's much more relevant to be interested in health information of elected officials.

She's not blood.

She may not be, but her children are.

She's not blood.

For a trust created by the old boy during his life time, or by his will, that would depend on the terms of the trust declaration, or the will.

I find it singularly hard to imagine that the old boy would have provided that if Robbie is a trustee, or executor, and dies he is to be replaced by whoever might be his spouse at the time of his death, or by Renata specifically, as a trustee, or an executor. She is, as you say, not blood, and not someone that the old boy probably could even have got to know very well before his death.

As to $$$, it seems to me unlikely that she would have a right to payments from the trust, or trusts. I have seen a lot of wealthy people's trust declarations and wills over the years and it is far more likely that, as Rob's spouse, she would be eligible to get payments, as would their children, if the trustees, or the executors, so decide, so that the trustees, or executors, would have discretion about how much (if anything) and when. Indeed I would expect that the situation of 'his 3 sons' under the trust, or trusts, is the same; if anyone has a right to get payments it is most likely to be Diane.

It is my understanding, from Crazy Town, that Kathy is the beneficiary of a separate trust (originally $1 million) set up by the old boy, and that it is on terms that make Diana and 'his 3 sons' the trustees and give the trustees considerably discretion about how much Kathy gets from the trust and when (reflecting, no doubt, the fact that Kathy was a heroin addict, amongst other things, for years before the old man's death).

Last edited:
Just wanted to chip in regarding the heli topic before it gets too crazy in here. I spent about a year in Calgary four years ago and CPS is big into this stuff. They have several and it seems that they are in the air 24/7. Sometimes they would show up at the exact same time every day for several days just to hover/circle over the same single block for 10-20 minutes.

It was not uncommon for us to be awakened at 4 am by the sound of a low-hovering heli with NightSun spotlight. At these times they would stay and hover or circle for 10 or 15 minutes for no apparent reason and it used to drive me nuts. I always wondered what was so important that it warranted fuelling and flying these things constantly like that. The only time I ever heard anything specific (and I swear this to be true), it was used to apprehend several juveniles who had been spray-painting the exterior walls of a school. Ground cops had given chase but lost them. Public was mildly upset.

In summary, for a city the size of TO, perhaps one may be useful in some situations but I'm happy to be away from them.

The media seem to be in a frenzy awaiting the update on RoFo to the point a reporter from the Star is tweeting (seemingly breathlessly) there is less than an hour until the big announcement. One would think a comet is about to hit the city of Toronto. Everyone, grab your loved ones and clutch them ever closer to your breast. Life as we know it is going to end. Armageddon is upon us.

Oh, please!

Last edited:
Kathy is still not welcomed.

Pretty obvious she told them dirty Pigs too much. She was already on a tight enough leash to resort to theiving toothbrushes FFS. Think about that for a second. One millionaire's kid living on the fringe of poverty, the others very publicly doin' allright. Hopefully she has a book deal and a manager to get her on the talk show circuit.

[others]
Originally Posted by Kilroy
She's not blood.
Imagine the dirt Renata has on this clan of imbeciles? [others]

This here is the lynch pin to watch IMO.
If StRoFo becomes wormfood, FoFam had better treat his grieving widow well. Actually, they had better be suckling her toes, or whatever she's into, because her inside baseball world tour could bring down the whole house of Fords.
Of course, if the stakes are high (ha) and criminal enough (OC?) then we'll never hear from her.

/Yeah I'm wearin' the foil. What do you want me to do? Face value? Benefit doubts? Haha. Nope. Nothing is implausible with FoFam.

So the Ford's would get to keep the children? Or do they have to wait til they grow up before they can buy them - like Mikey?

Perfect. I am in a feedback loop of laughing and wondering if I too, am evil for laughing. But then I start laughing.

@Avaline_Darling
@Avaline_Darling: Standing room only at Steak Queen. Waiting for the conference at 5pm. Exciting! It's like The Academy Awards! #TOpoli

Just wanted to chip in regarding the heli topic before it gets too crazy in here.

(Psst! The way to get away with talking about helis here is to embed it in a discussion of the Royals and claim that this is the hello thread.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back