8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmartMariaF 10:38pm

Wonder how Kathy feels abt Rob Ford talking about "my kids Douglas and Michael"? (3:46) Scamming #FordNation? ow.ly/C1QoM #topoli

Is it possible that Rob Ford thinks claiming Mikey now as his son will give him some credibility? And, in addition to Kathy, how must this make Stephanie feel? What a deceitful slimebag.

That Ford Fest location, wherever the hell it is (I'm east-end raised), is enough to make me want to cut myself, it's so depressing. How could anyone have an iota of fun there?

Yeah, exactly. Who could be there and think, "Hey, we're winning, this a good thing that's going on!"? Seriously, it's puzzling and deeply depressing.

Also, don't cut yourself! (Pretty sure you were not serious about that ...)

That is just terrible--4 years old and 8 pounds are not numbers that belong in the same sentence. I hope you didn't come across that very often.

More broadly, I agree that cities and towns nationwide are full of hungry kids, albeit mostly not to such an extreme degree. It's grim that things like a micro-smidge reduction in taxes seem to have more political traction than making sure that every kid gets the food he or she needs to get stronger and smarter every day.

Listen, my hearts bleed for those kids, but at the end of the day it's their own fault.

Is it possible that Rob Ford thinks claiming Mikey now as his son will give him some credibility? And, in addition to Kathy, how must this make Stephanie feel? What a deceitful slimebag.

Somehow, it sounds more like a not-in-his-right-mind brain fart (yeah, "as per usual", I know).

Well, as I speculated earlier: oddly more "incident-free" than in the past--I mean, the most of what we've had reported re opposition presence is the "FOLKS" sign, right?. Notwithstanding the William Henry Harrison potential for RoFo himself, of course.

Edit: I wasn't even sure if Rob showed up or not after catching up on this thread. He did. http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/rob-ford-...-he-s-fighting-for-old-council-seat-1.2027423

Deeply terrible. Rob makes a sleazy appeal about how tough he'll be versus cancer, then vomits out (not literally) a bunch of talking points about FOLKS vehicle taxes FOLKS transit taxes FOLKS Ford Nation FOLKS economic development FOLKS my brother the next mayor FOLKS Finch and Sheppard subways FOLKS.

Plus: Pretty sure Tom Petty did not authorize Won't Back Down as a campaign song.

Plus plus: I am turning off the feed. I can't deal with Doug.

Somehow, it sounds more like a not-in-his-right-mind brain fart (yeah, "as per usual", I know).

Well, as I speculated earlier: oddly more "incident-free" than in the past--I mean, the most of what we've had reported re opposition presence is the "FOLKS" sign, right?. Notwithstanding the William Henry Harrison potential for RoFo himself, of course.

He probably chemo-brained (or Ford-brained) a reference to brother Doug and Nephew Mikey as co-candidates, not thinking Mikey was his other kid.

There are way too many Dougs in that family.

Live performances have no copyright.

I don't think that's right. Venues pay fees to SOCAN, a rights clearing house, which has some weird formula compensating the original music creators. I don't know exactly how it works, but I think an event like Ford Fest is supposed to pay a SOCAN fee if music is going to played or performed. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I don't know. Either way, it's pretty small beer.

Thanks for that, whatthe. Didn't see it in that light. I too am always happy to be schooled and sometimes get clouded by certain preconceptions.

Just a quick add, Jado: If someone facing criminal charges didn't have access to a defence, courts would have to rely solely on evidence presented to the Crown by the police. Yikes! Also, trials aren't always about guilty or not guilty. They're often about determining how the law applies (or does not apply) to a set of adjudicated facts.

I don't think that's right. Venues pay fees to SOCAN, a rights clearing house, which has some weird formula compensating the original music creators. I don't know exactly how it works, but I think an event like Ford Fest is supposed to pay a SOCAN fee if music is going to played or performed. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I don't know. Either way, it's pretty small beer.

You are right about the money. Everyone who broadcasts music pays muzac, fitness clubs, grocery stores and of course clubs and bars. But Serena Rider doesn't get to decide if someone can cover her compositions. Small beer or no, the first cheque a composer recieves is quite a milestone even when its for twelve bucks.

Last edited:
The saddest part of the entire Ford mess has been, for me, the glaring deficiencies in our citizenry's education. How did ~30% of Toronto devolve into the Illiterati? We have access to free education. Our teachers are well trained, yet students seem to be given a pass irrespective of their abilities. Maybe it's time to go back to the old ways when kids moved up through the school system only after proving they've mastered the 3 Rs.

I understand that the right to vote is a hard won right, but so is driving and that requires a written test and proof of skill. Clearly, the uninformed led the pack in the last election. We can only hope that the Rob Ford debacle has forced the public to become more engaged in the democratic process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back