News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching the video of Rob at Ford Fest and as he's talking about his family the camera pans to Doug's wife Karla and she's standing there reapplying what looks to me like lipstick. It's a little thing, but that, on top of her smiling and waving and the Ford sisters laughing and smiling behind Doug during his emotional speech the other week, gives me the impression that his family are possibly kinda aloof and snooty when it comes to societal norms.
At the 2:25 mark is when she appears.
[video=youtube_share;1WFDRhzp4-w]http://youtu.be/1WFDRhzp4-w?t=2m21s[/video]

Nice close-up of Randy's hat!

You have to give Rob credit for facing this like a man, at least in public. I would have been too choked up with emotion to say a word. I figured his wife would be in tears.

I suspect that win, lose or draw, after the election will be tougher on him emotionally him than the campaign.

Last edited:
So a junior staffer on Tory's campaign team told me she was concerned today's Forum poll shows Chow supporters moving to Dougie. She's been fearing this would happen. I told her Doug likely won't be getting many more Chow supporters as the vast majority of NDPers would never ever vote for a Ford. Ya'll agree? Or can you see NDP supporters moving to Ford to stop Tory?

This seems highly improbable as they are diametrically opposed to one another ideologically. i think many Chow supporters would be more likely to move to the left than the right.
Anyway, i don't see any chance of an "Anyone But Tory" cohort emerging. Tory's too bland and centrist to elicit those kinds of strong feelings....

I actually think its more likely that some Ford voters will strategically vote for Chow in order to deny Tory a huge victory.

If there's any real hatred in the camps, it's the Ford's visceral anger at Tory taking away all the center right votes they got last time.

WTF is wrong with these people? Any moron can see that Rob's term has Mayor has been a complete and utter disaster. He's been off sick basically since May. He's been depowered for a year. He was depowered because he was high on coke and hanging with gang members for a year before that. Most of council knew what was going on and abandoned him. He couldn't get a donut purchase passed by council. He sits there with his finger over the NO button waiting to "get even". He's been a shit storm of trouble for 2 YEARS!

And yet 25% or more of the population think he's great. ????????????????????????????????????????????

If Doug's house is a reflection of his taste, I think I can imagine his art collection. His house is your typical EIFS abomination.

So a junior staffer on Tory's campaign team told me she was concerned today's Forum poll shows Chow supporters moving to Dougie. She's been fearing this would happen. I told her Doug likely won't be getting many more Chow supporters as the vast majority of NDPers would never ever vote for a Ford. Ya'll agree? Or can you see NDP supporters moving to Ford to stop Tory?

Hey how about this: the Forum poll is garbage. Forum weights its results, but on a consistent basis a full 2/3 of their respondents are over 55 . That means the weighting of the younger age categories is less reliably accurate, which is where I would expect a good portion of Chow's support would come from.

And also, cellphones. If you're not polling cellphones in Toronto, you're pretty much just making shit up. I only know a few people under 40 with a landline, the rest have cellphones. All of these people are people I would expect to vote for Chow.

I realize my ramblings are hardly more scientific than a poll. But my point is this: polls are no longer reliable. The very fact that polls released in a single day can have projections that differ by up to 22 points should be enough to tell you the whole business is rotten.

Last edited:

As counterintuitive as it might seem, there is a basis for thinking there could be some overlap with voters who like the Fords and those who like Chow.

Edited to add: but yeah it's Forum, so take with mucho grains of salt.

WTF is wrong with these people? Any moron can see that Rob's term has Mayor has been a complete and utter disaster.

If a moron can see that Rob was a disaster, then how would you describe the remaining true-believers that is Ford Nation?

Chow -> Tory
Chow -> Doug
Tory -> Chow
Tory -> Doug
Doug -> Chow
Doug -> Tory

Chow -> Doug is literally the least likely scenario of any of those.

Oh, like we didn't see this coming...

ddale8 12:00pm via Twitter for iPhone
"He attacked Rob when he was lying in bed in the hospital with cancer," Doug Ford says of John Tory.

Excellent presentation. Much more articulate than her uncle.

I wasn't that impressed (all those cuts/edits in the first 2 minutes of talking!) but I didn't hear "folks" or other Dougisms, so it's nice to see they're not totally indoctrinated! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back