News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
After careful consideration, I've come to the following conclusion: Doug cannot be as stupid as he presents. I find it simply impossible that a man of his age and experience, who is a director of a multi-million dollar company believes, for example, that racism applies to a person's fruit preference. He must have had this carefully explained to him by now by somebody. Surely, this must be some kind of lame homage to an Andy Kaufman bit. It's a huge troll job, because not many people are genuinely that stupid.

In a few weeks we'll have confirmation that this is true and FN is but a small blip of mighty morons, the polls have all been punked, Doug pulls in with 6%, Andray Domise wins easily and the nightmare is finally over right?

Right?

I think it's a combination of cunning and stupid. He believes what he wants to believe, and he thinks he can trick people into believing it too. Some of them are stupid enough to fall for it. He doesn't actually care whether what he says is inherently true, just about whether he can make it sound true at the time he says it. After all, it's not about the truth.

I disagree. Doug is confusing 'discrimination' with 'racism'. It is possible to discriminate against people who like little red apples, but who cares - what impact does that discrimination have and how widespread is it? Calling all discrimination racism is false and disingenuous.

Discrimination based on race is racism, no matter whom is discriminating against whom. Discrimination based upon sex is sexism, no matter whom is discriminating against whom. There are many other types of discrimination in the world (sadly). I'm not sure about sociological definitions, but this is certainly how the law (Canadian and international) views the matter. And personally, it makes sense.
To me too. Thank you for that.

I think Doug and Rob have a "if they call you X, just call them X right away" automatic reflex defence "strategy".

Ex. with the crack scandal the immediately went around accusing everyone else of smoking weed etc, asking for council to be drug tested. Always trying to accuse others of the same thing.

So if someone points out something about they've said is racist, they immediately lash back calling everyone around them racist.

I don't see why it even matters, aside for being one more or less lie Doug has told.

I guess there's big lies and little lies.

But, I would consider a politician lying ( if that is the case ) about his wife's religion - when nobody even asked - to get out of a mess - that he created - a Big Lie.

View attachment 35176

Last edited:
I think Doug and Rob have a "if they call you X, just call them X right away" automatic reflex defence "strategy".

Ex. with the crack scandal the immediately went around accusing everyone else of smoking weed etc, asking for council to be drug tested. Always trying to accuse others of the same thing.

So if someone points out something about they've said is racist, they immediately lash back calling everyone around them racist.

They must have been great as kids. Did not, did too. He started it! Mom!

Yes actually it is. Racism is a structure - a systemic structure. White, especially white males, benefit immensely from racism. There is also no such thing as Reverse Racism or reverse sexism. Read some academic books on racism. Not the Ford's version of racism.

Whites have indeed long benefited from, and instituted, racism while generally not experiencing it themselves, but it definitely exists in situations where none of the groups involved are white!

Here's an annoying Facebook rant from one of Rob's and Sandro's buddies (he's one of the guys who covered for Lisi when he hit that woman with his car). And then his dumb friend weighs in and calls Tory an elitist pig (whereas Dougie is the common man).

im so glad doug ford is catching up to john tory. i need to delete more people from my fb and the decision to unfriend will be made so much easier if dougie wins and all the cry babies start posting. trust me when i say this, no matter who you are, gay or straight, black or white, young or old, female, jewish muslim buddhist. robbie is nice to everyone and only wants the best for this city. dougie was always a bully in my youth. and john tory? perpetual loser? light rail? has anyone tried to drive on st clair? either way, what I've been saying all this time: no mayor is going to make this city a worse place to live, this is the best city in the world and doesn't matter who is sitting at the helm. actually, I'm wrong, David Clarkson would make this city worse if he was mayor.

Last edited:
Here's an annoying Facebook rant from one of Rob's and Sandro's buddies (he's one of the guys who covered for Lisi when he hit that woman with his car). And then his dumb friend weighs in and calls Tory an elitist pig (whereas Dougie is the common man).

Sounds like a real imbecile. Dragging Clarkson into this randomly is just precious.

And here it is

TORONTO - Doug Ford says he will march in the Toronto's Pride parade - something his brother has never done - if he's elected mayor.
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/archives/sunnews/canada/2014/10/20141006-202931.html

So now, this needs to be brought out to the Iolas of Ford Nation, the people of the Scarborough FordFest who cheerfully stated (to reporters, no less) that they support Rob because he refuses to go to Pride, not in spite of it. Remember Rob at Sullie Gorman's: he said he couldn't support Hudak because he 'stood with the gays' over the rainbow flag issue. He said he wasn't against Wynne because she's gay, it actually doesn't bother him -- it's a bigger sin to not stand up for your conservative values.

Doug has sold out! He is a wolf in sheep's clothing, chasing buck nekkid men down Church Street for their votes! ;)

Now we need one of those (sixty or so) fringe candidates who have had zero impact/name recognition so far to take one for the team, Get thee on twitter and facebook and start preaching the betrayal of Ford Nation by the Judas Doug! Remind them that your name is on the ballot, and tell them if elected you will totally defund Pride and shut down Church street while you build a subway underneath it that goes all the way to cottage country! (in other words, pull some votes away from Dougie).

He's been signalling his openness to the Pride parade for a while--there's nothing really new about the formal announcement. the only thing that was weird was his total fumbling of the opportunity to go "big tent" at the debate.

Here's an annoying Facebook rant from one of Rob's and Sandro's buddies (he's one of the guys who covered for Lisi when he hit that woman with his car):

"has anyone tried to drive on st clair?"

Yes, for many years. It was always bad. Parking? fuggedaboudit

Which is why I used the streetcar then and now, whenever possible.

Yup, grown men doing the "I know you are, but what am I?" thing. Which pretty much shows you the type of stunted people we're dealing with in Toronto...

He's been signalling his openness to the Pride parade for a while--there's nothing really new about the formal announcement. the only thing that was weird was his total fumbling of the opportunity to go "big tent" at the debate.

I think he'd look more comfortable wearing an Ebola isolation suit while carrying the flag.

AoD

Sorry guys but come on. Think of the words you use in regards to women, and the dismissive attitude (in my other post) re: racism in this election as it applies to Olivia Chow. I'm actually surprised by these posts.

"Dog-whistle politics"

David Clarkson, as in David Clarkson the winger for the Leafs?

I'm sorry but really? You completely dismissed the racism (and sexism). It is glaringly obvious from the comments online this is an incredibly racist and divisive city we live in and hell yes, Olivia has been tarred and feathered by racism in this election. To pretend it does not exist or is not a major motivating factor in her numbers is to ignore reality. Reality - women, especially women of colour, get kicked far far more often then white rich men. Fact.

Hey, I'm on your side. She should have reacted to the racism and sexism in the way she had many, many times in the past. She's been elected to more and more senior political roles in this city almost continually since 1985! How is that possible if she hadn't defeated those forces many times? She's run a poor campaign. She was my first choice due to her anti-Ford and LRT stances. She lost me to Tory with a very poor campaign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivia_Chow is a laundry list of her veteran status in Toronto politics. She blew this campaign with the way she went about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back